“Great Location and Access”
Review of The Deck

The Deck
Ranked #2 of 6 Coffee & Tea in Emsworth
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Emsworth Deck is a relaxed bistro cafe and restaurant in Emsworth Marina, benefitting from amazing views of the Emsworth Channel and the gentle activity of a friendly working marina. Offering a range of day and evening menus we cater for all tastes and cook fresh locally sourced foods to order and to your requirements. Children are welcome, and we'll tailor our more exciting dishes to a simpler taste if this makes it more suitable for your little one/s. Just ask. The Deck also offers bespoke event catering on or off-site, so if you'd like to benefit from our location (with easy free parking), or just our culinary expertise, come and talk to Ed to design your ideal occasion. Regardless, we want The Deck to be a 'must visit' place on your trips to Emsworth, so pop in for a coffee and slice of homemade cake, a breakfast, or a relaxed evening a la carte evening meal as soon as you can. Tapas on a Friday evening should be a definite date for your diary! Phone 01243 376161 to book an outside table on our first floor deck terrace, or for any definite space at the weekends, and wander or cycle over from the Millpond at low tide. With our loyalty scheme you can earn towards a discount or complete meal with every visit, making every coffee count in a positive way! Please come and eat with us soon, and then let the world know what you think.
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I regularly visit the Deck for breakfast with my wife and parents. My wife is in a wheelchair and there is a purpose built lift to allow her access since the eating area and kitchen are upstairs. This gives a fantastic view over the marina towards Hayling Island and it's essential to book a table for lunch on a sunny day when you can sit outside on the deck itself - it gets very busy. The breakfast is very good and the friendly staff have always catered for our requirements well; both breakfast and lunch ingredients are a step up from the average pub or cafe and the prices reflect that.

1  Thank Trebormaharg
There are newer reviews for The Deck

Reviewed June 26, 2012

Been to The Deck lots of times since it opened and really enjoyed it. Great location and good food. So was utterly disappointed and upset at my most recent visit. We went for breakfast which is usually very good. It was a weekend morning and things didn't go well from the start. The young girl serving appeared to have been 'on it' the previous night, looked terrible and was half asleep. Just sloppy in her service. My coffee was cold, so I said something. Cutlery was unacceptably dirty, so I said something. Breakfast arrived and my partners sausages were raw and cold inside, mine also. Just told the waitress and the next thing I got was a load of sarcasim and rudeness from the male head chef (owner?). Now I don't normally complain but the coffee/cutlery was just bad, i could accept that, but the attitude from the head chef was disgusting. It was embarrassing and unprofessional.I could have easily made a very big deal about it and really laid into him, but to avoid spoiling other customers meals, I chose not to. I don't expect this type of abuse from anyone, especially as I am the paying customer. This head chef ain't Marco Pierre White and needs to tone down the ego/attitude. I would have much rather the meal and service had been up to standard in the first place, but it wasn't, and I have a right to say something without being subject to abuse. I used to visit The Deck regularly, I don't anymore, thats a shame. The whole thing left a very bad taste in my mouth and that wasnt the sausages! Sorry, not happy at all. Sorry to have to write this.

5  Thank TheResturantCritic
Reviewed May 23, 2012

I had lunch recently at The Deck, we didn't book until the last minute, and got the last table available at lunchtime, which rather says it all, as it was an overcast showery day.

The café was bright and cheerful, as were the staff. Excellent service, great food, good reasonably priced wine, one couldn't ask for any more.

Don't be put off by the fact that The Deck is described as a café it is really worth finding; I shall return when the weather is better to enjoy lunch on the outside deck overlooking the marina.

1  Thank AngloFrench42
Reviewed May 1, 2012

Had the experience of attending the special 'bangers and mash' night recently. Lovely little place in beautiful surroundings overlooking the marina. The bangers and mash were very poor, sausages were anaemic, and I was worried that they were undercooked, the mash was lumpy and the onion gravy so weak it must have struggled to get out of the saucepan and on to the plate. Such a shame, as the evening did not match up to expectations.

I could have understood a complicated menu and lots of choices, but even the most junior of chefs/cooks could manage well cooked bangers and lump free mash. Back to cookery school I think.

2  Thank Arundel2
Reviewed January 28, 2012

The Deck is a lovely little place set in Thornham Marina Emsworth. It's new and fresh and is decorated in a calming nautical style. There are quite a few tables inside where you can enjoy bacon sandwhiches, cooked breakfast, tea and cake or light lunches. I have enjoyed a rather nice cooked breakfast here with friends, and lovely cake & hot chocolate too.

The best bit about the deck is indeed it's outdoor deck, you can enjoy a chilled glass of wine whist looking out over the boats on a sunny day. I really think the Deck would do well serving a small menu of fresh fish, seafood, local produce & salads into the evening during the summer with the deck lit with fairy lights and candles on the tables.

1  Thank BungEmsworth