“Large get together Meal”

Hermitage Restaurant @ The Brookfield Hotel
Ranked #16 of 37 Restaurants in Emsworth
Cuisines: European, British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The sweet village of Emsworth, with it���s mill pond and quaint houses, is within easy reach of Chichester, Portsmouth and everything that this part of the south Coast has to offer. With this in mind, The Brookfield Hotel, home to The Hermitage Restaurant, is perfectly positioned for business and pleasure. Slick, contemporary design comprising polished wood floors, deep leather sofas and large mirrors lend The Hermitage a bright, relaxed and modern feel with a bar vibe. The tempting British dishes which make up the majority of the menu ��� along with the odd hint of Europe ��� are prepared using excellent, fresh ingredients.
Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

Along with 7 other friends we decided to eat at the Brookfield, mainly because 2 of our party were staying at the Hotel. We all selected to eat off the Evening Special Meals; none if us felt that we were that adventurous! Between us we selected Omelettes, fish and Chips and Ham, Egg and Chips for our mains and Apple Pie, Chocolate Brownie, Chocolate Gateux. The meals and sweets were really good, simple, well presented, well cooked and hot. My Ham Egg and Chips was really tasty with the eggs being cooked just how I liked them and my apple pie was a proper sweet with hot custard. The apple pie was a proper pie! Circular, about 4 inch diameter with a proper base and top. We complemented our meal with wine recommended by the hotel and the white and red went well with our meals. The wines went well with our meals. We also had coffee and mints. The total bill worked out at £140 for 8, which was very reasonable.

1  Thank Emsworth_mariner

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Met there with a group of ladies, the coffee was served promptly and then we were showed into the restaurant, the food was lovely and served very efficently, I personally hadnt been there for some years, and was very pleasantly surprised at the new decor. very nice hotel

1  Thank GemmaWaterlooville
Reviewed May 28, 2012

First visited the Brookfield Hotel in January for my birthday and enjoyed it so much decided to take my dad there for his birthday.Friendly but professional staff serve drinks in the bar whilst you choose your lunch and then usher you through to the restaurant when they are ready to serve you. Ate this time in the garden room and its lovely! Had the 3 course lunch option at a pretty reasonable £19.95 - every course was delicious - in fact even better this time round than my first visit. Would recommend the Brookfield to everyone who enjoys quality without any stuffiness!

Reviewed April 30, 2012

Dinner was excellent but breakfast was actually better. Natalie is the server at Breakfast and she did and excellent job making me feel at home.

1  Thank RickZ255
Reviewed December 21, 2011

Having dined many times at The Brookfield Hotel I was not disappointed on my return visit on December 17th with my 2 very impressed guests. The Xmas meal was superb with a delicious vegetarian option available.The mulled wine was simply to die for. The staff are friendly, professional & eager to accommodate any special requirements. I can thoroughly recommend 'The Brookfield'.