“10 x better!!”
Review of The Fishers Pond

The Fishers Pond
Ranked #9 of 125 Restaurants in Eastleigh
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Fisher's Pond in Eastleigh is a country pub & restaurant oozing rural charm and rustic character. Our picturesque surroundings provide the perfect backdrop for savouring the hearty, seasonal pub-food on our menu, and the carefully nurtured cask ales and fine wines gracing our bar.
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

I used to come here as a child and let's say it wasn't great, service was poor, food was just pub grub and the wait used to be ridiculous. We came here last night. It's changed so much!! It was very busy for a Sunday evening but they found us a nice little table for two next to the window. My partner had cod and chips which was yummy good size portion. I had the risotto with prawns and scallops, it was very tasty!! The food came out really quickly considering how busy they were. We were served by a lady called Chloe T (going by the receipt) most probably the best service we have had in a very long time. We could see she was very busy but was still serving everyone with a smile. Very impressed! Recommended!!

There are newer reviews for The Fishers Pond

Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

So my partner and I thought we would try this restaurant now it has been taken over by vintage inns. All we can say is, it's middle of the road at best. We arrived half an hour early for our sitting and were shown to our table. A small table that was very poorly light and as the night went on got darker and darker due to a broken bulb. We then noticed the flies. I must have had about 3-4 flies buzzing around me that I had to swat countless times throughout the evening. Not much can really be done about this in summer months, but still not good in a restaurant. I ordered steak medium rare and come out nearly well done. If I wasn't so hungry I would of sent it back. The mains also had been "dying in the window" waiting to come out although strangely service was a little on the rushed side. Ordered a second coke with the meal and got charged large for a medium coke. And finally presentation and attention to detail. Serving brownie on an oversized plate deigned for something else is unforgivable when paying nearly £5 for a dessert. Got 20% off our bill as we had a voucher which took the sting out of our visit!

Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Visited on a busy Friday afternoon but, as only having drinks, were served immediately at the bar as most were eating too. Only had drinks and having read previous reviews may be hesitant to try food. Had thought that it looked good though as saw many portions of fish and chips being served all around me that were huge. In all honesty probably too big as saw several plates left half unfinished.....staff serving the diners seemed efficient enough, but indifferent. Sat outside on the terrace as it was glorious and watched chicks and cygnets swimming by, which was lovely. Quite a picturesque view although the "contraptions" on the surface of the pond do spoil the aesthetic appeal (believe them to be aerators!), although necessary. I agree with previous reviewsers, only sit outside if you are not bothered by wasps. It was an ok visit, but I wouldn't go out of my way to visit again, particularly.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

After the posh food at our hotel, it was great to find an English pub with simple down to earth food. We sat at an outside table and watched the ducks and swans as we ate. Sadly it had only 2 real ales on the go, but I managed to try both and they were lovely.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

We visited on a Friday about 12.45pm. Even though we only ate 2 courses, it was over 90 mins before we were able to leave, and we eat quickly too! So slow service, and only a few other customers there too. I could understand it if we had ordered something complicated or it had been cooked fresh, but this was not the case.

The prawn cocktail is a joke. It was 1 lettuce leaf with 5 half shelled prawns placed on top and a little pot of dressing. Tasteless, messy and certainly not a 'cocktail'.

The 'tear and share' garlic bread wasn't great. It was very hot and looked like a mini pizza with folded over crusts. It couldn't be torn, and was even difficult to cut. The plastic tasting cheese goo on the top was most unpleasant. Another dish to avoid.

The t-bone steak was as tough as old boots, and over half of it was gristle and fat too, once the bone was included about 1/3 of the steak was edible and this was a challenge even for the steak knife!

Sauces are served at the table, but you have to take exactly what you want while the waiting staff hover over you then take the dishes back. Obviously a little tomato ketchup or mayo is too precious to give individually.

Be prepared to be disappointed, this place really has gone downhill. If you have to go don't sit near a window or outside unless you like wasps.

We wont visit again, with a lot of good competition for places to eat nearby it's a shame the standards are so low here, such a lovely location wasted too.