“Pleasant hotel close to Southampton airport”

Ellington Lodge at the Concorde Club
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Eastleigh
Reviewed August 4, 2013

This is a small hotel close to Southampton Airport and the Airport Parkway station, and not far from the university. We were very lucky with the weather, so the small additional cost.for Executive Room with direct access to the gardens was money well-spent. This a 3 star hotel, so the rooms are fairly basic, but they have aircon.

We had dinner and breakfast in the Moldy Fig (a short walk away across the gardens), both of which were good.

One small piece of advice is that the bus from outside the Concorde Club into the city centre costs £2.99 per person, so a taxi may well be cheaper.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank TheProbe
There are newer reviews for Ellington Lodge at the Concorde Club

Reviewed July 25, 2013

I've stayed at the Ellington/ Concorde nearly every week for the past two years, and it has always been excellent.
Hotel staff are warm and very welcoming. The rooms are always spacious, very clean and comfortable; air conditioning is a God send on hot, summer nights.
The adjacent Moldy Fig restaurant and bar enjoys the same warm and friendly atmosphere. The beer is always good, the menu selection is excellent, and is changed regularly, which is ideal for the regular visitor.
Superb!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank gw1969
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We had a lovely night stay. We don't usually stay at 3 * hotels but were pleasantly surprised. We had an executive room, which was wonderful in the heat at the weekend, because we could open our patio doors and sit outside our room ( no 7) looking out over the large lawn. We went to the wine bar in the evening and sat outside and ate. We had fish pie which was lovely. The walk to the main building was great in the morning as it was so warm, I'm not sure it would be so nice if it was cold or wet. Breakfast was good. Crossing the bridge back to the hotel, we enjoyed watching the trout in the stream and the moorhen making a nest in the middle of the stream. The room was comfortable ( a bit dated but OK), we had a king size bed (possibly 2 singles put together?). Lovely white sheets and towels. Bathroom was simple but clean. The shower was good (plenty of power unlike some 4* hotels that we have stayed in). Plenty of toiletries. The only thing that spoiled the stay was the air con wasn't working that well and it was a very hot night. Check in and check out was quick and efficient and the lady was chatty and helpful. Overall a nice break.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TJandLJH
Reviewed July 9, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed the hassle free pre-cruise package at this hotel. Included in the deal is bed, breakfast and evening meal plus car parking for the duration of the cruise and taxi transfer to and from the cruise terminal - all for £175.

The Ellington Lodge Hotel is conveniently situated close to the motor way and easy to find. There is a large car park with CCTV coverage. Note: you do park at your own risk, I had no problems. The hotel grounds are well presented.

The hotel room was above expectation. Room number seven is situated on the ground floor with its own patio door and sitting area. The room itself was well fitted, of reasonable size with an adequate bathroom. We slept well.

The food served in an adjoining restaurant was very good and accompanied by a live three piece jazz band.

The hotel staff were friendly and helpful.

The taxi transfer takes about 15 minuets. Both delivery and collection from the terminal was prompt.

I wholeheartedly recommend this package. My wife and I we enjoyed a relaxed and enjoyable stay - a great start to our holiday.

Room Tip: Room number 7 was above expectation and well situated.
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Firstly as a senior contributor I'd like to specify that my review is based on fact and my experience, as I believe some reviews were only written by 1st time reviewers and do not reflect the true experience of the hotel. We stayed on the 6th June.
Arrival at the hotel was surprising, due to previous reviews I did worry that this hotel would not be up to the standard I have become accustomed to. It was a beautiful location with a lovely looking hotel with plenty of parking. Check in was quick easy and friendly and we were in an executive room with a balcony overlooking the beautiful garden. Room 10. It was key card entry and when we walked in we were pleasantly surprised to find a lovely large room with a queen size bed, co ordinating furniture, a flat screen TV, very good quality bedding, large wardrobe a dressing table/desk with large mirror and another full height mirror on another wall, bedside chests and another chest of drawers. Plus a table and 2 chairs! So plenty of storage! The bathroom was large with a shower over the bath. The room was spotless as was the bathroom! We had French doors out onto the gardens with our own patio with seating area fenced off either side for privacy. A nice touch as we are both smokers, so no wandering around to find a secluded area to smoke. We were there for the t'pau concert at the concord club and were lucky enough to sit in the garden with them. The garden is beautiful with a stream and bridges that cross to the Moldy Fig wine bar and the Concorde club. The room has a handbook with all the info you need. The shower is very powerful and easy to use. There is also tea and coffee and hot chocolate etc in the room which they will top up whenever you need it with no extra cost. the bed was extremely comfortable with good quality pillows. We slept like a log! breakfast is served in the Moldy Fig across the bridge with a good range of cereal and fruit etc, lots of different juices. You are served at the table for tea and coffee and you can specify what you'd like for a cooked breakfast. During the wait you are brought toast and there's no real wait for the cooked breakfast to arrive. The breakfast was lovely, very very tasty and included in the booking. In my opinion I would class this as a 4 star hotel and not a 3! I have no idea why other reviews are so low, perhaps they are reviewing a different hotel?
We really didn't want to leave! I had a better experience here than I had the week before at a 5 star hotel! I really didn't expect this experience at the Ellington Lodge, it exceeded my expectations! We would most definitely come back to this hotel. If I had any complaints I wouldn't hesitate to comment, but there was nothing! And my standards are very high!

Room Tip: Room 10 is perfect and you get your own balcony/patio area onto beautifully kept gardens.
Reviewed June 5, 2013

We always stay here before a cruise. Their package is very good value. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. The management and staff are charming and very helpful. You can tell it is family run as they take pride in their service. We love the fact that they have jazz bands playing there although this time it was Billy Ocean.

Room Tip: Ask for a ground floor room with a terrace.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Lovely size room, well equipped and tastefully furnished. We found the bed a little uncomfortable as it was harder than we are used to, but that is just a matter of personal taste. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was excellent, nice buffet selection and the cooked food was perfect, especially the smoked haddock with poached eggs. We were travelling with our German Shepherd and found the hotel and bar to be dog friendly, although we thought the £15 surcharge a little high. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eastleigh
Premier Inn Southampton Airport Hotel
Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13
Best Western Chilworth Manor Hotel
Travelodge Eastleigh Central
DoubleTree by Hilton Southampton
Hilton at The Ageas Bowl
Hilton at The Ageas Bowl
#3 of 25 in Southampton

Been to Ellington Lodge at the Concorde Club? Share your experiences!