Ellington Lodge at the Concorde Club
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
View Hotel
All reviewsmoldy figjazz clubwine bargarden roomlovely groundssouthampton airportcountry parkfull english breakfastbed was very comfortablebreakfast is servedstandard roomcruise packageevening mealstay overnighttrouser pressnext doorthe ground floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Attended a friends birthday party at the weekend (8th Sept) and stayed in this hotel. Room very clean and comfortable bed. Breakfast was very nice too. I would deffinately stay here again. The reception staff are very friendly and helpful. The nice lady who checked us in ordered my taxi to go to the party...thank you for looking after us :o)

Ps. A fantastic Classic/Supra car show in the hotel car park on the Sunday...for anyone who is interested in this for next year.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Was booked in here as local Holiday Inn was full & what a lovely surprise as after reading some reviews was a little worried but this was really nice the food was absolutely top notch the rooms where more upmarket than where I normally stay for more money, restaurant worth the visit alone and whomever complained about the costs are not in the real world they are more than reasonable and the local beers on offer are something else.Well done I'll be back.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank tomt1230
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I booked us a weekend away for two at Ellington Lodge, based on the price and reviews of the place. We were very pleasantly surprised as we arrived early on the Friday and was greeted with a complimentary upgrade to an executive suite, providing us with the biggest and comfiest bed we've ever had the pleasure of sleeping in.

Breakfasts are provided by the Moldy Fig bar and restaurant, just a 30 second walk away, which provide an English Breakfast and a buffet. Again the food here was very nice, the wait was very short and the staff very pleasant. We went to the Moldy Fig for dinner on the Friday night, they had a live band on and were very busy, but luckily they managed to fit us in without a reservation. The food on the night was reasonably priced, about £40 including drinks for two of us, however it tasted amazing, so I would highly recommend going there.

On the night is was very quiet, even though it's near an Airfield and a Motorway. Parking is free and secure. I couldn't find anything to complain about. The only downside I see to Ellington Lodge is if you want to be a bit closer to town, or events. It's a bit of a drive away and is meant for more of a relaxing weekend, but as that was what we wanted, it was pretty much perfect.

Oh, and the biggest plus for us was the price. It was a bargain for 2 nights away. 5 Stars from us.

Room Tip: We stayed in 110, a free upgrade and the room was large and had a very comfortable bed. However, all rooms are showing age.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Booked for one night to celebrate my partners birthday and was a handy location for a trip to New Forest and Beaulieu the next day.
Check in was friendly and efficient. Booked an executive room to make sure we had those 'little extras' so I don't know how that compares with a standard room. We found the room clean and comfortable with everything we needed. The bed was the most comfortable, and biggest, I have ever slept in - I wish I could take it home!
Had dinner in the Moldy Fig. It wasn't very busy for a Saturday night but that was good as it had just the right atmosphere. Friendly service and food was good.
We ordered room service breakfast so don't know what breakfast in the Moldy Fig is like, but what we had was really good. It would have been nice to eat breakfast on the small terrace outside the room but the good old british weather didn't comply.
The only thing I would say is that the bathroom was a bit tired and dated. Everything worked but was very basic.
I would stay here again

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jeffandjuliebucks
Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

Stayed just one night whilst visiting relatives Lovely spot, people and rooms.

• Stayed: July 2012