“Not happy, terrible food and service.”

The Cricketers Arms
Ranked #33 of 132 Restaurants in Eastleigh
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 2, 2014

We were very disappointed after recently discovering another Greene King pub in Crowthorne (the Three Frogs) which was excellent. We went to the Cricketers Arms on a busy Friday lunchtime and the service and food were both terrible. The Chicken I had was so tough it was inedible and my partners Potato and leak soup was in fact mushroom which she is hyper-allergic to. Our food was served without cutlery and I had to go looking for some, a passing waitress went to get some but left them on another table so suffice to say after going looking a second time the food was cold which was surprising given that mine was cooked to death! The bar staff were more helpful than the manager who didn't even bother to come when I complained and so they didn't charge us for the soup! I should bl@#dy think so, it could have killed my partner and she didn't eat it anyway. I didn't eat mine either. It was ultra annoying when the waitress came and asked as they always do, "everything alright with your meal?" When I explained what was wrong she just said "oh!" Didn't do anything about it or apologise.
We won't be going back.

1  Thank NickBarman

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Great place that attracts locals drinkers and manages to combine this trade with those who wish to dine on either traditional pub-grub or more refined fare. Well done.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

What a disappointment This is the 4th year running we have been to the "Cricks". the first 2 years were brilliant -then - new management.
Half inch turkey slices - uncooked carrots and sprouts - cold plates (triangular - what's that all about.) not enough dessert cutlery. The only good point was my dessert = bread pudding with rum and raisin ice cream.
Next year -- ???????.

1  Thank Brian_20120301
Reviewed December 28, 2013

As a family we often go out to eat on Christmas Day. This year was dreadful - the perfectly round 1/2 inch slices of turkey was processed with a circle of stuffing running through it. The potatoes, parsnips, Brussels and carrots were disgusting - blanched at the most and the carrots hadn't been peeled or top and tailed. Initially there didn't look to be enough food for the six of us, but by the time we had finished there was plenty - most of us left most of our food!!!! The starters were tasteless too - the prawn cocktail was smothered in mayonnaise and sun-dried tomatoes with a minuscule amount of prawns and smoked salmon. The deserts were fine but how can you go wrong defrosting mini tarts and cheesecakes and putting on a plate??? I've bought a similar selection from Iceland supermarket.
It felt like our table got forgotten - there wasn't enough cutlery laid for us and in the end had to make do with cutlery from previous courses!!!!
I will not be going back Christmas Day or any other day for that matter - hugely disappointing!

Reviewed December 27, 2013

I just wish we had read the reviews of Christmas Day 2012 as we would most certainly have chosen somewhere else to eat.
Six adults were crushed onto a table with two bench seats. The starters were a while appearing even though it was early and they were not that busy - nothing was particularly special. We then waited nearly 3/4 of an hour for the main course which was finally served on stone cold plates. The sprouts and carrots were rock hard - couldn't cut through them - and the thick slices of turkey were very synthetic looking and tasting. When it came to dessert, they had run out of table spoons ("we ordered new cutlery but it didn't arrive!") - we were given soup spoons but there weren't enough forks to give us!!!
Altogether an experience which spoilt our Christmas Day and will never be repeated.

1  Thank Chanford