“Marshal ruined our experience”

TeamSport Indoor Go Karting Southampton
Ranked #2 of 18 things to do in Eastleigh
More attraction details
Owner description: Team Sport Southampton Don’t hold back when racing around TeamSport Eastleigh’s 400-metre incredibly wide track, providing ample overtaking opportunities. The magnificent exit corner from the bridge allows speeds of up to 40mph down the Hanger straight before the Dunlop curve, a high-speed double apex corner with a tight entry and wide exit providing a test of determination and skill. Two exciting hairpins running in opposite directions are the last obstacles before its time to get back on the accelerator giving it full throttle over the flyover!
Southampton, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Marshal ruined our experience”
Reviewed June 6, 2014

Decided to take my staff for a team build. We were the only group in the building so there was no issues with the racers. We all just wanted to race but have fun and some stupid marshal decided to make it his mission to ruin our day. Just because he was having a bad day was no reason to ruin a team build we have planning for a few months. Do you think I'll arrange for the remainder of my company to go there for the same event (200 staff) - No, I think the team build budget will be spent somewhere else now.

Visited June 2014
3 Thank Mike_Garr
Claire B, Guest Relations Manager at TeamSport Indoor Go Karting Southampton, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
HI Mike,
Thanks for sending us your comments, I understand this has now been resolved with our head office and this review is going to be removed.
Kind regards,
ClaireB

“A really thrilling time.”
Reviewed May 23, 2014 via mobile

We booked our sons 10th birthday party here. The whole operation, from booking on line to the winners presentation at the end was easy and well managed. The staff were welcoming, informative and really great with everyone,no mean feat when dealing with 8 really excited 10 year old boys. My son and his friends described it as the best time ever. I would however say that,given the cost, it would have been nice to have been given a free session to return.

Visited May 2014
Claire B, Guest Relations Manager at TeamSport Indoor Go Karting Southampton, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Thank you so much for this great review, we're so glad that the party went well and all of the children enjoyed it.
We look forward to hopefully seeing you all again for the next birthday in the group!
Kind regards,
Claire B
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Brilliant for kids and for big kids!”
Reviewed May 21, 2014

I brought my mum and 11 year old sister karting last month and we loved it! The staff were brilliant (it was a special occasion for us and they were really attentive) They were really friendly and gave us some tips on our driving. Food was brilliant as well and a great time had by all! Only down side was it's a little pricey, but totally worth it! That being said, there were some great money saving deals once we were there. Will be coming back soon!

Visited April 2014
Claire B, Guest Relations Manager at TeamSport Indoor Go Karting Southampton, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Hi Kathryn W,

Thanks so much for you lovely comments we love hearing about the fantastic times our racers have :-) I'm so pleased that our amazing track staff helped you have a celebration to remember. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

:-)

Southampton, UK
56 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Company Endurance Race”
Reviewed May 18, 2014

We visited mid week for a 75 min endurance race. 8x teams of three, what a good time was had by all. The staff were attentive and friendly. Our package also included eat all you can Pizza all of which were cooked fresh and tasty. The top three teams received a small trophie. Would happily go back as the track is fun.

My only grumble would be please clean the kitting up room. My goodness, it's a bit stinky even for karting track standards.

Visited May 2014
Claire B, Guest Relations Manager at TeamSport Indoor Go Karting Southampton, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Hi djcarlos2001,

Thanks so much for your feedback, we will certainly be taking your comments on board :-) We're really pleased that you and your colleagues had a fantastic endurance race - the TeamSport Southampton track is lots of fun! Hope to see you soon.

London, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Afternoon out with the kids”
Reviewed May 8, 2014

We have raced at others tracks (indoors and outdoors) including one in London, and managed to get a last minute deal which seemed great value. Well run with friendly staff who seemed fair with their rules, even though I got blacked boarded! (It wasn't my fault, Id never driven the track before and took the 3rd corner probably a bit too quick, but they had warned me in the talk) Only point I would make is having something for younger kids. my boy is 6 and was desperate to take part, but has to wait 2 years until he can join in. Thanks for a fun afternoon.We'll be back.

Visited April 2014
Claire B, Guest Relations Manager at TeamSport Indoor Go Karting Southampton, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Thanks so much for taking the time out to leave your review, we’re so pleased you had an awesome time with your family! We would love to be able to offer karting for younger children, but sadly our insurance only covers children aged 8 and up. We hope to welcome you back to the track very soon!