“Fantastic Turkish Restaurant in Eastleigh”

Artisan Meze and Wine Bar
Ranked #1 of 121 Restaurants in Eastleigh
Cuisines: Middle Eastern, Turkish, Wine Bar
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: It is turkish restarant and wine bar
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Turkish Restaurant in Eastleigh”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

I went to the Artisan for a friend's work leaving celebration and it couldn't have been better! The staff are charming, the service just the right speed and the food absolutely delicious.

The Artisan is just down the road from the Swan Centre Shopping Centre in Eastleigh about five minutes walk from the car park.

The restaurant looks small from the entrance on High Street but appearances can be deceptive! There is plenty of room inside, though I do suggest booking in advance. The interior is decked out in wood and traditional ornaments and has a lovely atmosphere. It's easy to forget that you are in the depths of South Hampshire!

We had three courses for about £16 (not including drinks) on a special pre booked deal. Guests can serve themselves with the starters and main course - this is ideal for individual appetites! There were six starters to choose from and you could try each one. For the main course there were two meat options (lamb and chicken) and vegetarian. The staff were attentive to just the right degree and very welcoming. If you like Turkish food you will love this place! Very highly recommended!

PS A takeaway service is available - check out the Artisan's website!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Philmex1

Paisley, Scotland
“Flying visit”
Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

On a quick visit to Eastleigh we had lunch in the Artisan.
Food wine and service are all excellent in this family run coffee house.
The next time we hope to try the dinner menu.

Southampton, United Kingdom
“A touch of Turkey in Eastleigh”
Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

We love going here whenever we are in Eastleigh. Good choices lovely coffee. If you like Turkish coffee give it try lovely atmosphere

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Senseijohn
Southampton
“Lovely food, nice surroundings, lovely staff”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We have eaten at Artisan on several occassions since it opened, and have had a lovely experience every time. Whether you are visiting the Coffee House during the day, where they serve lovely snacks and cakes, or eating in the Bistro in the evening, the food is always of top quality and you are always welcomed by a smiling face.

I often eat there lunch times on a Saturday with a friend after shopping, during the summer the cream teas are lovely, and in the winter the soups are amazing, although both are available all year round.

My husband and I went for an evening meal just over a week ago, and the food as delicious! I had feta and melon to start while my husband had the chilli prawns, then he had the special which was lamb stew, while I had my favourite yogurt chicken. The pitta breads also kept coming, and we had so much we were too full for desert!

I highly recommend this restaurant whatever the occassion, the owner Hasan is lovely, and all the staff are too and only to happy to help with whatever you need.

• Visited November 2013
Southampton, United Kingdom
“All aspects of this place were wonderful.”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

We went in earlier this year for a quick meal pre-cinema when we fancied something different. We had the BBQ, mixed meze to start and select your own meats. The food was excellent, as was the atmosphere, the service, the aesthetics of the place and the attention to detail in everything. Much to my surprise, the meal was incredibly good value too. I felt welcome and comfortable, and enjoyed the ambience as much as the meal.
I would not hesitate to recommend this place to others, and have already done so many times.

• Visited July 2013