Travelodge Southampton Eastleigh
Marwell Hotel(Winchester)
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
View Hotel
All reviewsharvester restaurantham farmnext doorcar parktravel lodgeon arrivalwater pressurebudget hotelregular basisfamily roompleasant stayminute drivefirst floorlady on receptionnight's sleepnight staystaff were helpful
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Having stayed in all the local Travelodges I have got to disagree with some of the recent reviews.
Ham Farm is a very relaxing place to stay, the rooms at the rear have wonderful views of the river and rolling countryside, one of the older Travelodges but extremely well presented,(recently had a refit earlier this year).
The rooms are large and spacious and I have always found them clean and tidy with fresh towels and a block of soap, (if PAE381 had bothered to read "What to bring" they would have known to bring shampoo,!! ). The new style "Dreamer Beds" are absolute luxury.
Never had a problem with parking, some Travelodges in the area don't have their own car park, and others that do, charge for overnight parking!, stay her and it's FREE, yes the car park can get quite full, obviously a testament to the popularity of the venue but I have always managed to find a space.
If you are in the area and need somewhere to stay I can wholeheartedly recommend you stay here, Jason and his team are friendly and welcoming, just tell them I recommended you.

Room Tip: 1st floor even Numbers.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Our room was filthy, and freezing cold. We had no hot water, when my husband brought this to the attention of the lady on reception her response was 'well nobody else has complained so it cant be that bad!' One of the days our room was not cleaned at all.
The toilet was stained, the bath was filthy. The whole room smelt of damp, and we could hear doors being slammed all night.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Laura M
TravelodgeUK, Dianne from Customer Care at Travelodge Southampton Eastleigh, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

We are really sorry to learn of your disappointment Laurabathmilford. Our housekeeping staff are expected to ensure all our rooms are cleaned to a specific high standard throughout your stay so it is regrettable to learn that this did not happen on this occasion. We do expect our guests to have continued access to hot water during their stay so we would like to apologise that this was not the case, we would also expect our staff to provide high levels of customer care and be able to identify and resolve issues which may arise. We would like to further understand the issues you have highlighted to find a resolution. Please could you visit our website and select the Contact Us button to provide us with more details and when doing so please specify you have left a TripAdvisor review.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

We stayed for 4 nights at the Travelodge at Ham Farm, Eastleigh and were extremely disappointed. The hotel itself was basic, which I guess you expect for the price but the standard of the housekeeping was appalling. The toilet was not cleaned properly for 3 days, the bed was not made properly, the towels were thrown on the rails with no care and attention. There were no toiletries provided - perhaps this is standard for the cheaper travel lodge but this was not made clear at the time of booking so we did not have shampoo or soap with us to use so had to go out and purchase toiletries on the first night. Not particularly convenient when we arrived at 8.30 at night. I would not stay here again, and I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. If you are staying in the Eastleigh area, the Premier Inn Gateway by Junction 13 of the M3 is a much nicer, cleaner and professionally run hotel. I suggest you stay there.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank PAE381
TravelodgeUK, Amy from Customer Care at Travelodge Southampton Eastleigh, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

We are sorry to learn that your room was not up to our expected high standards of cleanliness PAE381 . Our housekeeping are to ensure all rooms are clean and fresh and they are to replenish essentials every day and make up our guest’s beds for them. As a brand standard our hotels do not provide toiletries and we often find our customers prefer to bring their own, however if you should forget any items we do provide a vending machine at reception stocked with toiletries. We will be sure to pass on your feedback to our hotel management team so that are aware of the improvements that need to be made.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

It has been a while since I have stayed in a travel lodge but with the new decor I was very impressed. The room was spacious and the bed was very comfortable. This is a quiet location but still near to the motorway so a great stop off point. Only issue I had was finding a parking space on my return from a meal out as the car park was full and there were many 'white vans' taking up more than one space.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 20, 2013

We stayed at the Travel Lodge for 2 nights as we were going to our Nephews graduation in Southampton, we booked two rooms a twin for my sister in law and her son and a double for me and my husband, the rooms were of a high quality and excellent value for the money.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family