“Overnight stay before ferry from Southampton.”

Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Eastleigh
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We were allocated a huge two bedroom family room which was airy, comfortable and clean and had everything we needed for our overnight stay. The pool area was good. The bar area was a little cramped and service was a little slow, but the bar area was modern and inviting. Again the main restaurant was a little congested but the food quality was far better than other Holiday Inn Restaurants we have used.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Alastair L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of your recent visit to the Holiday Inn Southampton-Eastleigh. I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed staying in one of our family rooms and found the room airy, comfortable and clean.

I am sorry that you received slow service in both the bar and restaurant but pleased that despite this you enjoyed the food.

I hope that you will stay with us again the next time you are visiting this area.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13

Reviewed September 30, 2013

We arrived on Friday evening having dropped my in-laws off for a cruise out of Southampton we decided to book 2 nights here so we could sample the New Forest and surrounding area. The reception was a little overrun with young families and whilst we patiently waited in line amongst the noise of excited infants we were attended to in a reasonable time and soon had the key to our room, which thankfully was on the second floor away from all the noise.
On first entering our room there was a distinct smell of stale cigarette smoke, clearly this had once been a smoking room. We opened the windows which soon dispersed the odour which remained at bay for our stay as long as we left a window vented. Aside from the odour and a nastily stained chair (room 225) the room was well presented and served our purpose, the bed was comfortable and the bathroom etc was clean.
After freshening up from our long journey my wife and I were looking forward to a drink in the bar, we were a little surprised once again to find that the bar was extremely noisy and full of young families with children. We decided to head out of the hotel believing that there must be some kind of children's party going on this was not going to be a relaxing or quite evening in! We discovered a rather good Indian restaurant directly across the road and enjoyed an excellent meal and a few drinks. On returning to the hotel around 10pm we were relieved to find a quieter bar and were able to have a drink in peace before retiring.
The next morning at 7am we found our way down to the Leisure area (pool gym sauna jacuzzi steam room) I have to say this is a very well presented amenity which we very much enjoyed on both mornings. the staff were very friendly and helpful and the level of maintenance and cleanliness is superb , top marks here!
Breakfast.., again faced with a noisy dining room we managed to get ourselves tucked away in a recessed table for two. The food on offer was commendable, a full English buffet style which was very tasty and served hot. The staff were polite but hurriedly trying to clear tables to meet demand, unfortunately the resulting factor of under staffing is having to que, wait for tables and not as clean as one would hope but under the circumstances it was just OK.
That evening we experienced the same as the last, the bar was rammed full and because there was also a wedding reception taking place, there was a que for service at the bar! We slipped out the front door and walked a mile up the road to the nearest pub. Unless you want to drive or take a cab there is nothing much within walking distance, but highly recommend the Indian restaurant just over the road where we ate for a second time.
In summing up, this hotel has an excellent leisure area, the rooms are Presentable and it also serves a good breakfast. On the downside, having found some chips down the side of a chair and on closer inspection the main areas of the bar and dining room are not as clean as one would expect. We also came to realise that there is a children's park up the road and so this hotel is a popular stop over for young families with toddlers, so not the quietest of venues.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SByland

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the comprehensive review of your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Southampton-Eastleigh. We always appreciate constructive feedback as it is the best way for us to monitor our standards and where appropriate take remedial action. I have discussed your comments in detail with my management team and in particular the cleanliness in the public areas and restaurant, and the staffing levels for breakfast and all these points will be addressed.

We do have a large number of families staying during holiday periods as we are near to a very popular leisure park and I can appreciate that this is not always conducive to a relaxing atmosphere.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the use of the leisure facilities in the Spirit Health Club and were able to relax there. I am sorry that you were disappointed with some aspects of your stay, but hope you will consider staying with us again should you be visiting this area in the future.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Our stay was slightly spoilt by the waiter taking our dinner order, he walked away mid order!!!! This was sorted by another member of staff who also gave us a generous discount. Our room was huge, clean and very quiet. The restaraunt was really busy so we had to eat near the bar. Breakfast was very nice, plenty of choice and everything really hot.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at Holiday Inn Southampton-Eastleigh. I would like to offer my sincere apologies for the poor service you received in the Restaurant; retraining is being carried out to ensure that this does not occur again.

I was pleased to read that the problem was resolved by another member of staff and that you enjoyed all the other aspects of your stay.

I hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel again should you be visiting this area in the future.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

On arrival when we checked in we were asked if we would like to book and pay for breakfast. We had already booked this and were told 'sorry our system hasn't updated yet'!!

We then found that the bin in the bathroom still had rubbish from previous guetists and had not been emptied our cleaned!! What ever happened to the plastic bags in the bins by the way as it makes you doubt how clean the bins are?

We booked a double room for two adults. Only one small bath towel and one hand towel in the room! Had to ask for more. What is that about? Two adults need separate towels!!

Getting a drink at the bar before we went out to dinner was a joke! There was a wedding and only two bar staff and a that was laughable!

Breakfast was a similar experience, queue's and believe me I do love children but it was not a relaxing experience. My advice avoid the place, it is over priced and will not be returning.

Oh and by the way, did make our thoughts known to the reception about towels, bins etc and upon checking out not one of the reception staff asked if our stay was ok! Speak volumes in terms of customer service!!

Very poor although the young chap at breakfast must be complimented for trying to juggle seating guests with serving coffee and tea and laying tables and checking guests room numbers. Well done you and I think the management should promote you to general manager!! :-(

queue

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Alastair L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

I have contacted the guest personally and apologised for the very poor standard of service received. Have asked the guest to contact me to discuss the matter and try and resolve the guests concerns.

Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 1 night whilst we were visiting Paultons Park. Its only 10-15min drive away so perfect location for that.

We arrived about 5:30pm & found a parking space no problem. On check-in the lady was very polite, asked how my daughter was & gave her an activity pack with a balloon.

Our room was nice & clean. Plenty of space for our travelcot as well. Tv with lots of channels too.

We used the pool at about 6:30pm & was pretty quiet. Has jacuzzi, steam room & sauna. Changing room clean & tidy. Towels provided as well.

Buffet brekkie was yummy. Everything you can think of was there. Staff very welcoming & friendly.

We used the pool again in the morning & stayed until our check out time of 12-noon which is great as meant our daughter could have a quick nap before we left.

Would use this hotel again without hesitation.

• Stayed: September 2013
Alastair L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for the excellent review of your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Southampton-Eastleigh.

I was delighted to read your kind comments regarding the room, the leisure facilities and breakfast. It is always encouraging to receive comments such as yours and I will be pleased to share them with all the staff concerned.

I hope we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel very soon.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

We arrived about 5:30pm on a Thursday and there were lots of parking available. On arrival receptionist was very pleasant and gave our 5 year old son a balloon with a pirate bag. He was very happy. Our room was located on the first floor. It was a nice room with a single fold out bed for our son. The room and bathroom were clean. The pool is open until 10pm at night so we went down there and we were also in the pool by 7.00am the next morning. Changing rooms were very clean with hairdryers and showers. We were made to feel very welcome by all the regulars in the pool.
We had dinner in the restaurant and the food was very nice with reasonable prices. The buffet breakfast the next morning again was ample for all our needs. Overally we had a lovely stay and if we ever needed to stay in the area again we would not hesitate staying their again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Dear Laura T,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Southampton-Eastleigh. I was delighted to read that you and your family enjoyed your stay and particularly enjoyed using the swimming pool.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel the next time you are visiting this area.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

I have to say at the very outset I got the feeling that the Manager is very keen to make your stay as pleasant as possible. There is a small note giving to you by reception asking if you could not mark the hotel 10/10 you could call his personal mobile and or email. I have to say this very much reminds me of my role where I work in that I deal with customers on a day to day basis, and we look for customers to be what we deem to be "promoters" - that is someone willing to mark the service 9 or 10/10. On this occasion I have to mark the hotel 7/10 - thereby I would be a "passive". 1-6 bring a detractor.

First impressions of the hotel are excellent. Just off the M3 motorway with ample parking. Importantly for our visit, only 9 miles from Peppa Pig World! At reception we were greeted warmly by the receptionist and the whole check in process was efficient. I particularly liked the small gift given to my young daughter, an activity pack. First impressions of the room are also excellent, but on closer inspection, my wife and I were a tad disappointed. The room we were in (room 5) was rather on the small side, despite this being a family room. Room was at a premium. Consequently there were no wardrobes and or drawers to put away any clothes. To be fair though, giving a honest appraisal of the hotel, there is a rail in the corner where you can hang some clothes - but this is in an open area with no doors. There is no where for jumpers socks etc. My wife also stated she could smell sweaty feet! To be honest, I couldn't. The other big disappointment was the internet access - you can purchase this but it would have cost me £30 for three days!!! I consider this to be very expensive when you get free internet access from millions of locations around the country. I have also stayed in numerous hotels and on the whole, the internet is free. At nearly £400 for three nights (including access to Peppa Pig World), for me that's a fair price to include internet. I genuinely think this hotel is over charging and should offer this for free. This would have certainly influenced my overall opinion of the hotel.

We chose not to dine in the hotel other than for breakfast. No issues here. Plenty of choice. The other positive aspect of the hotel is the free access to the sports club which includes the swimming pool. This is one of the reasons we chose the hotel as we could have gone slightly cheaper elsewhere. My daughter loved the pool. So in summary, a mixed review. I'm not saying I would not come back here, but I most definitely think the hotel could be better, and as I have said, I have stayed in quite a few.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank AlexKrycek
Alastair L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comprehensive review of your recent stay with your family.

I am very sorry that you found your room small with insufficient storage space for your needs. Our room sizes do vary slightly and should you be staying with us again we will endeavour to accommodate you in a larger room.

With regard to internet provision, I fully understand your comments. Free Wifi is available to our IHG Rewards Club Elite Members and this will be extended to all guests at some time in 2014. If you would like to join the IHG Rewards programme, you can join online by visiting: www.priorityclub.com

On a more positive note, I am pleased to read that you enjoyed breakfast and that your daughter loved the swimming pool.

I hope you will consider staying with us again should be visiting this area on some future occasion.

Alastair Lawson

Also consider these accommodations in or near Eastleigh
Holiday Inn Express Southampton M27 Jct 7
Travelodge Southampton Eastleigh
Premier Inn Southampton Airport Hotel
Best Western Chilworth Manor Hotel
Travelodge Eastleigh Central
DoubleTree by Hilton Southampton

Been to Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13? Share your experiences!