“solid business hotel”

Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Eastleigh
Reviewed July 23, 2013

All the usual you'd expect from Holiday Inn. Staff exceptionally good. Had a problem with the room. Not only did they change it without question but upgraded it too.

Meals perfectly ok pub type food. Restaurant looks fancier than it tastes, as in most big chain hotel, but ok for me.

Room Tip: Ground floor room I had (don't know if it affects all) had walls so thin I heard every snore and...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Alastair L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Southampton-Eastleigh.

I was very pleased to read your kind comments and that we were able to resolve the problem with your room.

I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel when you are next staying in this area.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Stayed here as part of a deal with Peppa Pig world. Had two rooms as we have 3 children so I stayed in one room with the two littler ones and my husband had other son in his room. Rooms weren't particularly big. Ate our evening meal in the hotel but it was a bit manic as as well as the usual guests in the dining room part of it was being used to provide a carvery for what I assume was a coach party. Bar was full of Germans shouting at football on the TV. Breakfast was also chaotic. My severely dyslexic son who was not even staying in my room managed to use the internet and get it charged to my card that was registered at reception. Cost me £25 and the explanation as to how he managed it is not correct due to the restrictions dyslexia has on him.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Alastair L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Southampton-Eastleigh.

I am very sorry that your stay did not live up to your expectations and that you were disappointed with your dining experience. Although the hotel is often very busy we do try and cater for all our individual guests needs.

Whilst Internet usage is currently a chargeable service, this is clearly stated prior to accessing it and whilst we need to ensure access is not overly complicated for those who do wish to use it, there are a number of actions required, to minimise the chance of accidental usage.

I do hope we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel should you be visiting the area on some future occasion.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

nice & clean hotel and facilities. Breakfast had a good selection too. Only downside is website, when we booked we booked 2 rooms by mistake and thought we had cancelled on line through cancellation's section but on arrival it had not gone through. If this happens to you please call them asap to cancel otherwise you could be charged. Staff very friendly and helpful too.

Room Tip: would advise booking the executive rooms as they have air conditioning which made a big difference w...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jane E

Dear Jane,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Southampton-Eastleigh.

I am very sorry that you experienced problems when you made your booking via our website. Should you wish to stay with us again if you would like to contact our hotel reservations department direct on telephone: 0871 942 9075 option 7 they will be happy to make the booking for you and offer the best rate available.

I was pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay and found the hotel clean, with good facilities.

I do hope that you will stay with us again on some future occasion.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

My husband, myself and our 2 year old son were visiting the area to go to Peppa Pig World and used trip advisor to search for hotels nearby - we wanted somewhere close to Paulton's Park but that was also clean, comfortable and family friendly - we were certainly not disappointed!

From being able to park easily we were greeted by an extremely helpful and friendly lady on the front desk who gave our son a Pirate pack - he was hot and irritable after our 2 hour journey so this went down a treat; she also ordered us a travel cot and gave us the essential information...times for breakfast etc.

Our room was spacious and clean with everything we needed plus fantastic air con which made no noise at all! The pros of the hotel for us were the on demand movies and 24hr room service as we had to spend 2 evenings in as our toddler slept; the biggest pro however was the pool facility - we spent hours in this and only wish we could have used the sauna, steam room and hot tub but this is one downside to travelling with a child! They did however look well kept and extremely inviting! The health centre staff were also very cheery and approachable.

All hotel staff were friendly and courteous even greeting us as we passed in corridors - a touch I always love when travelling abroad so much appreciated in an English hotel.

Breakfast was fantastic and our son was well looked after with highchairs and smiling serving staff.

The hotel part of our trip was initially just an essential but soon became a fabulous addition to a thoroughly enjoyable short break.

Many Thanks to you all,

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Sarah,

Thank you very much for posting your excellent review following your recent stay with us, with your husband and son.

I was delighted to read your kind comments regarding the hotel, its facilities and staff, which I will be very pleased to pass on to all concerned.

I am very pleased that we met all your expectations and more and do hope that you will stay with us again should you be visiting this area again.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Booked as part of an overnight room and 2wks parking with transport to and from Southampton port. Typical functional Holiday Inn, good professional check in and our room was clean, a good size, well sound proofed against the main road and had a good bathroom. I needed the internet to check some things and asked about wifi. The receptionist laughed and embarrassingly told me it was £5 per hour. I laughed back embarrassingly but decided there and then they would get no more money off me. I dined at a very good Indian restaurant across the road and used their wifi free. Everything else as part of the package was excellent, the parking on the car park and the taxi service, although the breakfast was a bit chaotic. Just a pity about the wifi but they immediately lost my evening and drinks custom.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Southampton-Eastleigh, booked on our Cruise Package.

Our charges for Wi-Fi provision have been reviewed and from 1st July, 2013 all Elite Priority Club members have access to free Wi-Fi. In 2014 this will be extended to all Priority Club members. If you would like to join the IHG Rewards programme, you can join online by visiting: www.priorityclub.com

I am sorry that you were disappointed with some aspects of your stay, but do hope that you will give us the opportunity to be of service to you on some future occasion.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

We booked this hotel through the Paultons Park website to include family tickets and the hotel stay. We chose this hotel because of the positive reviews and the family rooms offered and children eating free in the restaurant. We had our first day at Paultons and then drove to check in at the hotel, our children 6 & 3 were given activity packs and milk & cookies vouchers (although they're not cookies as we know them but the normal kind of hotel biscuits you get).
The family room we had (218) was excellent, there were 2 bedrooms in a suite type arrangement, a double bedded room and a very large twin bedded room. We visited the swimming pool which was very good and very welcome.
We ate in the restaurant as it offered children eat free, we found the staff pleasant but service was slow. After waiting for 30 minutes after ordering our children's food was mistakingly given to the table next to us who had been seated for about 5 minutes and who had only just ordered their food. We then had to wait for them to cook our children's food again which meant our food was left sitting around presumably although it was hot. We were sort of apologised to by the young waitress but is that really what you want with young tired and fed up children at gone 8pm. Service to get drinks was slow to nothing, and took quite a while to get the drinks once ordered at the table.
Breakfast was of a good standard, we visited about half an hour before closing and found our table not fully equipped, no milk, tea spoons etc and even when I asked for them they still didn't arrive.
Overall we were happy with the hotel and would stay again and recommend. The comments I have made are what we encountered and would not put me off staying again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

I am very sorry that you experienced such poor service in the restaurant and bar and can appreciate your frustration at having to wait for such a long time with young and tired children. Please be assured that I have spoken to my Restaurant Manager who will be carrying out retraining with her team.

On a more positive note, I was pleased to read that you enjoyed all the other aspects of your stay and in particular the family room that you and children stayed in.

I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel the next time you are visiting this area.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Stayed in this hotel with 3 other people, each having our own rooms.
We were all very pleasantly surprised at how clean and sleek this holiday inn was.
Our rooms were spotless and the staff were very friendly.
We decided to treat ourselves in the spa and it was amazing.
Cara, the beauty therapist was lovely and made you feel very relaxed and comfortable.
The pool are was very clean and the steam room and sauna were a really nice touch.
The only reason i haven't rated this 5/5 is because the bar staff were very short staffed and very slow.
Its not far from the town and there are plenty of places to eat and drink in the town too.
I would recommend this to anyone and will be visiting again shortly.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Dani,

Thank you for your very kind comments regarding your recent stay at the hotel with three other people.

It is always encouraging to receive feedback such as yours and I will be very pleased to pass it on to those concerned and in particular Cara, one of our beauty therapists. I was very pleased that you enjoyed using the facilities of the Spirit Health Club and in particular the steam room and sauna.

Please accept my sincere apologies that the service you received in the bar was not up to our usual high standard.

I do hope that you and your friends will stay with us again should you be visiting this area in the future.

Alastair Lawson

Also consider these accommodations in or near Eastleigh
Travelodge Southampton Eastleigh
Best Western Chilworth Manor Hotel
Premier Inn Southampton Airport Hotel
DoubleTree by Hilton Southampton
1 mi away
Ellington Lodge at the Concorde Club
Holiday Inn Express Southampton M27 Jct 7

Been to Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13? Share your experiences!