“Nice hotel, poor food and unprofessional bar staff.”

Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Eastleigh
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was nice and clean, but food was over cooked and did not taste fresh, i had the fish dish which i can only assume is a frozen fillet. The bar staff seemed poorly trained as it took 3 of them to find my dish, and 2 to find a dish of a customer in front of me. Another customer complaint to management about "dry chicken" which in all fairness look as Tough as it did dry. Overall as a hotel, there is very little room for improvement, but for the food, i would recommend the pub across the road as the food here is a few steps away from being inedible.

• Stayed: July 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Dear Eddytottenham,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I am pleased to know that you found our hotel nice and clean and apologize for the issues you have encountered. I appreciate feedback that we receive, whether positive and negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests. Thank you again for your review and I hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Krysllin G.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

This is a typical Holiday Inn... consistent, relatively comfortable and a good location for me whilst staying on business... Its not far off the M3 so good from that point of view. I love Holiday Inns Pillow Menu... I like a firm pillow and this one of the few places where I know I'm guaranteed a great pillow!

The bar area is a bit mixed... the service hasn't been great, I have stayed twice, both times the bar staff seemed very busy but not doing much... people in the bar were having to ask for their food that they had ordered having waited a while for it... my meals have been ok, they seem to be served having been heated in a microwave...taste ok, nothing special and the price is in keeping with pub grub prices.
The reception staff have always been efficient and friendly.
They have free parking which is good, although both times I have taken the last space so not sure if they have an overflow car park.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Dear EmmaJetsetter,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate that you find our location to be convenient and your nice comment regarding our reception.

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the service provided by out bar. We will look into this point. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Checked in rather late in the evening (9:30pm) having walked the mile or so from Eastleigh station. Despite booking the room some time previously, "my preferred room type was not available" is what I was advised upon checking in. So despite reserving a double-bed room, I got a room with single beds instead. In other words all the nice rooms got let out before I'd arrived - disappointing. Breakfast in the morning was fine - standard Holiday Inn buffet fare.

Likes:
+ Functional air-con (once switched on)
+ Close to the M3 & South coast

Dislikes:
- Bed was rock hard
- Being charged twice for breakfast
- Bland room-service food.
- Rooms rather plain - need refurbishment
- Told room service would be delivered in 15-20m and having to actually wait 45-50mins.
- Air-con switched off when checked-in, room like sauna

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear llyryo,

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the bed, customer service, food selection and the air conditioning. We will address these points. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We chose to stay here when visiting family because of its convenient location close to the motorway. We were instantly pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness, the décor and the friendliness of the receptionist and we had only entered the foyer!
We had been upgraded (without our knowledge) to an Executive room. Bright beautifully decorated and spotless as was our en suite bathroom. I am not sure what size the television was but I have not seen one as large in any hotel I have stayed in
We had a very quiet and comfortable night
Breakfast was splendid..plenty of choice from the buffet. Fresh fruit in particular was so refreshing. The cooked food was as good as you make at home.
We left to travel onward feeling we had been looked after as well as if we had stayed in one of the finest hotels
We have already recommended this hotel to friends and would not hesitate to stay again

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Alastair L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your excellent feedback following your stay at the Holiday Inn Southampton-Eastleigh.

I was delighted to read your complimentary remarks and very pleased that you enjoyed all the aspects of your stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

stayed at the holiday inn eastleigh for two nights . perfect for our two day visit to peppa pig world, which was fantastic. the hotel was spotless the buffet breakfast was perfect great selection and plenty of it. the staff were very friendly and helpful would certainly stay here again. we did go out to the badi murchi indian restaurant across the road from the hotel which was lovely , bit pricy but the staff couldnt do enough for you would go there again

Room Tip: we were in rooms 109, 111 and 113 had no problem sleeping
1  Thank scarlet1950
Alastair L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Dear Guest,

I was very pleased to read your review following your stay at the Holiday Inn Southampton-Eastleigh.

I was delighted that you found the hotel perfect for your two day visit to Peppa Pig and that you found the staff friendly and helpful. It is always a great morale booster to receive positive comments such as yours and I will be very pleased to pass them on to all the staff concerned.

I do hope you will stay with us again should you be visiting the area in the future.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

I stay here on a regular basis due to work commitments and the staff are always helpful and friendly, going that extra little step when required to ensure my stay is always a positive experience. Due to their professional approach my colleagues also choose this hotel as their first choice.

Room Tip: Room sto the rear of teh hotel have better mobile reception.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review regarding your visits to the Holiday Inn Southampton-Eastleigh.

I am delighted that you and your colleagues find the staff friendly and helpful and make sure your stay is always a positive experience.

I hope that you will be able to continue welcoming you back to the hotel when you are staying in the area in the future.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

We stayed here for two nights when we visited Peppa Pig World. The room was very modern, clean and comfortable and my 2 year old daughter loved her chairbed, the perfect size for her.
Staff were friendly and helpful, breakfast buffet was fantastic with a great selection of food very regularly replenished. The pancake machine was a particular hit with my little girl!
The hotel was in a great location, only took us 20 mins or so to get to Paulton's/Peppa Pig World.
The hotel car park was, however, very busy by the time we left - not sure if this is normal or if there was something special on. The last night we stayed (a Monday) we got the last space in the overflow carpark luckily after coming back at 7pm. On the Tuesday morning as we were leaving at 9.30am, the carpark was rammed, cars parked on verges etc. and one guy waited the 10 minutes it took us to pack up our car just to get a space!
Overall, very happy with the hotel itself and the car parking didn't affect us personally.
We didn't eat in the hotel restaurant for our evening meals as the menu looked overpriced to us - £12.95 for a burger and fries. We drove 5 minutes down the road to Eastleigh where we had our choice of Frankie and Bennies, Harvestor, Prezzo, Chimi Changas, Chinese etc. in the cinema/bowling complex. Much more reasonably priced food and drinks!

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your excellent review of your stay at the Holiday Inn Southampton-Eastleigh. It is always encouraging to receive feedback such as yours and I will be delighted to pass your comments on to all staff.

I am sorry that you found the restaurant menu expensive. We do try and cater for all tastes and have a varied bar/lounge menu for other options that may have been more suitable for you.

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your visit and do hope you will stay with us again should you be in the area on some future occasion.

Alastair Lawson

Also consider these accommodations in or near Eastleigh
Holiday Inn Express Southampton M27 Jct 7
Travelodge Southampton Eastleigh
Premier Inn Southampton Airport Hotel
Best Western Chilworth Manor Hotel
Travelodge Eastleigh Central
DoubleTree by Hilton Southampton

Been to Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13? Share your experiences!