Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
View Hotel
All reviewsswimming poolpeppa pig worldcookiesstayed hereactivity packhealth clubon arrivalpaultons parkleisure facilitiesfish fingerssteam roombooked this hotelkids eat freeyear old daughtertravel cotgood sizeplenty of choice
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I stay here on a regular basis due to work commitments and the staff are always helpful and friendly, going that extra little step when required to ensure my stay is always a positive experience. Due to their professional approach my colleagues also choose this hotel as their first choice.

Room Tip: Room sto the rear of teh hotel have better mobile reception.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Alastair L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review regarding your visits to the Holiday Inn Southampton-Eastleigh.

I am delighted that you and your colleagues find the staff friendly and helpful and make sure your stay is always a positive experience.

I hope that you will be able to continue welcoming you back to the hotel when you are staying in the area in the future.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

We stayed here for two nights when we visited Peppa Pig World. The room was very modern, clean and comfortable and my 2 year old daughter loved her chairbed, the perfect size for her.
Staff were friendly and helpful, breakfast buffet was fantastic with a great selection of food very regularly replenished. The pancake machine was a particular hit with my little girl!
The hotel was in a great location, only took us 20 mins or so to get to Paulton's/Peppa Pig World.
The hotel car park was, however, very busy by the time we left - not sure if this is normal or if there was something special on. The last night we stayed (a Monday) we got the last space in the overflow carpark luckily after coming back at 7pm. On the Tuesday morning as we were leaving at 9.30am, the carpark was rammed, cars parked on verges etc. and one guy waited the 10 minutes it took us to pack up our car just to get a space!
Overall, very happy with the hotel itself and the car parking didn't affect us personally.
We didn't eat in the hotel restaurant for our evening meals as the menu looked overpriced to us - £12.95 for a burger and fries. We drove 5 minutes down the road to Eastleigh where we had our choice of Frankie and Bennies, Harvestor, Prezzo, Chimi Changas, Chinese etc. in the cinema/bowling complex. Much more reasonably priced food and drinks!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your excellent review of your stay at the Holiday Inn Southampton-Eastleigh. It is always encouraging to receive feedback such as yours and I will be delighted to pass your comments on to all staff.

I am sorry that you found the restaurant menu expensive. We do try and cater for all tastes and have a varied bar/lounge menu for other options that may have been more suitable for you.

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your visit and do hope you will stay with us again should you be in the area on some future occasion.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

have stayed here a couple of times when cruising from Southampton. Staff we brilliant, we have no complaints what so ever. Breakfast also very good. Staff were great when booking taxi for transfer to docks (car left safely in their car park) and all the hassle and worry of parking and sorting out transport was taken away. Would really recommend the stay, park n cruise offers at this hotel- well worth the money and very convenient

Room Tip: did not use the spa so cannot comment on this. Our room overlooked the car park which was not a problem with noise and slept very well in a comfortable bed
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hallett5

Dear Guest,

I was very pleased to read your review following your stay at the Holiday Inn Southampton-Eastleigh.

I am delighted that you have stayed with us a couple of times before and that you find the hotel very convenient when you are departing on a cruise from Southampton.

Thank you for your kind comments regarding the staff which I will be pleased to pass onto them.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when you travel on your next cruise!

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Just come back from a one night stay here, with two days at peppa pig world included.Never been to a place like a holiday Inn before.We were not disappointed.We received a friendly welcome when we arrived and my 3year old received a nice welcome pack.We went too our room, which was plenty big enough, and very plush and comfy. The bathroom was abit dated, but it all worked and we had no problems. Went down to the restaurant in the evening, a good choice menu and food was very nice. Might of been abit pricey, but was good. Breakfast was included in our package, and there was loads of choice.Best breakfast I've had for along time. Staff very friendly and helpfully.Will hopefully be back next year, want to add extra night, but seems so expensive.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your stay at the Holiday Inn Southampton-Eastleigh. I was very pleased to read that you found the staff welcoming and helpful and was delighted that the breakfast was the best you had had for a long time!

I do hope that you will stay with us again; to get the best rate available, please contact our reservations department at the hotel on telephone: 0871 942 9075 option 7 and they will endeavour to do all they can to assist you.

I do hope that we will be able to welcome you and your family back to stay with us again.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

This hotel is basic, with small poky rooms and dark corridors. The food is appalling: my steak was leather-like in appearance- for over £16 is should have been edible! The telephone in the room did not work and the shower was very difficult to turn round. There appeared to be a leak around the bath that made the entire floor wet. I could/should have stayed at the Travelodge or the Premier Inn a short walk away at less that half the price!
Also, the worse thing was that the staff had their faces glued in a permanent scowl; not one of them smiled even once.

Room Tip: Steer clear of this dump. Pay less than half at the Premier Inn next door!!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank JSTEAD32
Alastair L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Dear Mr Stedman,

Thank you for taking the time to speak to me today following your recent visit to the Holiday Inn Southampton-Eastleigh.

I am very sorry that you were disappointed with your stay on this occasion, but do hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel should you be visiting this area in the future.