“Weekend away”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Eastleigh
East Sussex
“Weekend away”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Arrived on Friday for a 2-night stay at Hotel, easy to find and lots of parking. Reception was good & friendly, but we couldn't quite understand what the receptionist was saying - not a language problem, she just spoke really softly & quickly. Our room, 227, was about as far away from reception that we could be, but it was spacious and comfortable. Heating controls were easy and bed/pillows were comfortable. Had to call room service when we ran out of milk for tea, answered quickly & milk delivered to room within 5mins. Ate in hotel restaurant that evening, were advised to book a table when we checked-in, but just 2 other tables were occupied & by 9pm, we were the only people there! Food was adequate, but quite expensive. We had the cheapest botle of wine at £17.95!! Also, breakfast was £10.50 each, which I refused to pay & we found a cafe in Southampton for breakfast at £4.50 each. I would advise eating elsewhere if want want value for money. Spa facilities were good - used the pool, sauna & steam room. Overall, hotel was comfortable and reasonable value, but not outstanding.

Room Tip: If there's a wedding on, stay high!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Alastair L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your stay at the Holiday Inn Southampton-Eastleigh. We always welcome guests’ comments as it is the best way for us to monitor our standards and where appropriate take remedial action.

I was pleased to read that you found your room spacious and the bed and pillows comfortable; and that you enjoyed using the Spirit Health Club.

I am very sorry that you felt that the restaurant prices were too high, but would like to assure you that these are in line with other hotels in our immediate competitor set and we do endeavour to offer a range of meals at varying prices to suit all tastes.

I am glad that you found the hotel comfortable and of reasonable value and do hope that you will stay with us again should you be visiting this area on some future occasion.

Alastair Lawson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
South Devon, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Stayed for one night last Friday in readiness for an early start to the airport. Must admit, even though i am a Priority Club Platinum card holder and 'expect' a certain level of service from IHG hotels this one really impressed me - my status in their loyalty programme was honoured and had a room upgrade and drink vouchers even though i was paying for the night with my loyalty points. This is a lovely touch as it has not always been the case with other IHG hotels so thank you for that!
The reception staff were very accomodating and helpful, the bar staff ditto and the hotel is ideally situated 2 minutes from the motorways (M27 and M3) and 5 minutes from the airport. Rooms were very clean and tidy (if a little warm, soon remedied by a/c and opening the window!). We had a very nice meal in the bar (the ham hock terrine is a must!!!) and i must admit at what i considered to be an unusually reasonable price for a hotel of this standard (the room service menu as well looked nicely thought out and well priced). All in all no issues at all with my stay, will certainly now use this as my overnight hotel of choice on my regular trips to Jersey from Southampton airport!
Jerry Baxter

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Alastair L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear Mr Baxter,

I was delighted to read your review following your stay at the Holiday Inn Southampton-Eastleigh.

Thank you for your very kind comments regarding the hotel, the food and helpful staff, which I will be very pleased to pass on to all those concerned.

As one of our Platinum Priority Club members I am very pleased that we were able to upgrade you to an Executive Room and that you enjoyed the drinks vouchers.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel the next time you are travelling to Jersey from Southampton Airport.

Bottesford, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We have stayed at several Holiday Inns but this is definately one of the best. Clean, welcoming, efficient staff and nice room. The problem we have found with some Holiday Inns is the choice or quality of food available is poor - not here. A good selection from sandwiches, bar snacks and more, just what you want after a long day. We opted for sandwiches, chunky chips and salad, the bread was exceptionally fresh and the food was well presented and served within about 15 minutes and we weren't the only ones in the bar. Our room (128) was on the first floor, I asked for a quiet room and they delivered as it was at the end of a corridor, much bigger than most Holiday Inn rooms too, good choice of Freeview on a good size TV and nice clean and quite large bathroom too. Breakfast has been very mixed at some Holiday Inns - very cafetaria and poor quality - not here ! Fresh fruit, cereals, yoghurts, full english breakfast and a pancake maker ! Check out time was noon too, an added bonus, most hotels we've stopped in lately say 10 or 11 which I think is a bit of a cheek when you haven't checked in until 3pm ! Wouldn't hesitate to stay here again if visiting Southampton as its only about 7 miles away and much better than the ones in/ on the edge of Southampton.

Room Tip: Just ask and they will sort it out.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Alastair L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a comprehensive review of your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Southampton-Eastleigh.

I was delighted to read that you found the hotel welcoming and clean and that the staff were efficient and friendly. I was very pleased that you enjoyed the variety of food available in the bar and restaurant and in particular breakfast with the new pancake machine.

It is always encouraging to receive feedback such as yours and I will be delighted to pass it on to all concerned.

I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel should you be visiting this area again.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Stayed here for 1 nite as went to peppa pig world, it was lovely the staff were very friendly and helpful, the room was nice and clean, we had dinner at the hotel and it was one of the best meals we've had from a hotel, breakfast in the morning was very good with a big enough selection for all, would recommend this hotel and would like to thank the staff for making out stay there an enjoyable stay

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your excellent review of your stay at the Holiday Inn Southampton-Eastleigh. I was delighted to read that you had a good stay with us and I will be very pleased to pass on your kind comments to all the staff.

I do hope that you will stay with us again should you be visiting this area in the future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

Sadly I find myself staying in this hotel not through choice. I don't think I have ever stayed in a hotel which has such thin walls that you can hear every conversation, cough, flatulence, snoring, toilet habits of your neighbours. Sadly this has made for a very poor nights sleep, I will not be staying here again :(

• Stayed April 2013
Alastair L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
The General Manager has made contact with the reviewer to gather further information regarding the bedroom so that a full analysis of the situation can be carried out regarding the noise
Okehampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel twice and every time the buffet breakfast is cold or luke warm, the eggs are hard and I have had better in cafes. The evening meal was OK but nothing special. I have decided that I will not stay here again and will seek another hotel again. It is very clear that they don’t know how to keep food hot; there were no signs of checking temperatures.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Please accept my sincere apologies that the breakfast served to you when you stayed with us was not hot enough. We pride ourselves on our excellent breakfast and I am really sorry that we let you down.

I do hope that you will stay with us again so that we can show you our true standard of breakfast.

Aldridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 4, 2013

A well run hotel this one, with a little bag of goodies for the 5 year old on arrival, she was very happy.
Rooms and Hotel were beautifully clean, great to have the pillows labelled as to their softness level.
The hotel reception was well run with happy and helpful staff, nothing was a problem.
We couldn't leave our room in the evening because the small one had crashed on her very comfy fold out bed, so I asked reception if I could be cheeky and order a curry to be delivered to our room. Not a problem, and they even gave me a menu for the curry house over the road and supplied plates and cutlery!
Breakfast was excellent, the automatic pancake maker was fascinating, must get one for home!
All in all an excellent nights stay, we will certainly use this hotel again if we go to peppa pig world!
The only thing I can fault is the swimming pool... It was rather cold!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Alastair L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely review of your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Southampton-Eastleigh. I was delighted to read that you found the staff happy and helpful and that you enjoyed eating pancakes at breakfast from our new Pancake Maker.

I am sorry that you found the swimming pool cold. The temperature is maintained at 30 degrees which is an ideal swimming temperature. Should you require a warmer temperature the spa pool is kept at 36 degrees.

I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel should you be visiting this area in the future.

Yours sincerely,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eastleigh
Premier Inn Southampton (Eastleigh) Hotel
Holiday Inn Southampton
Holiday Inn Southampton
#16 of 24 in Southampton
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,101 reviews

Been to Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13? Share your experiences!