“Very kid friendly”

Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Eastleigh
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We stayed here during a trip a trip to Peppa Pig World with two 2 year olds. We were really impressed with all the extras for the children including an activity pack upon arrival, free milk and cookies at bedtime and kids eating free in the restaurant along with crayons and colouring sheets to keep them entertained. The staff were all fantastic, as was the cleanliness of the hotel and we were never made to feel that the children were being a nuisance. Perhaps our only slight criticism was that the restaurant didn't open until 7pm which was slightly late for the children, however the staff were so friendly, even giving us the option of bringing the childrens meals out first (rather than waiting until the adults meals were done), that it wasn't a problem.
We would definately recommend and return to this hotel should we visit the area again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Alastair L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Dear Laura C,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at the Holiday Inn Southampton-Eastleigh with your two children, whilst on a trip to Peppa Pig World.

It is always encouraging to receive such positive feedback and I will be pleased to share your kind remarks with the staff concerned.

I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel on some future occasion.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

My wife and I were in the area for a wedding (at Marwell Zoo) so we chose this hotel due to the proximity and location.

First impressions were ok, it is off a busy road but the hotel wasn't falling down so that is always a good sign! Car park was large (and free) and we never had any problems parking there. The hotel lobby is modern and open, obviously a lot of money has been spent on this to make it more welcoming to guests. We checked in with no problems and the lady on the reception desk was helpful and pleasant.

We had an 'Executive Room', not exactly sure what made it executive other than a sign on the door and a (selective) free mini-bar. We were told that we would have free bottled water in the minibar but like other people have experienced there was none there, we asked at reception when we went out and by the time we got back it had been replenished as promised.

The room was decent enough, the bed was comfortable and it had a very large TV for a hotel room. Instead of curtains it had large wooden shutters which were nice as they blocked out probably 95% of the light so it meant a good night’s sleep was had.

The only real negative of the hotel room was the carpet, I have never seen a carpet so worn down in all my life, and although it is only a minor thing, it really made the room feel that much worse.

The hotel was decent enough, we were here for two nights and it did the trick, fortunately we got a good rate so I could live with the little problems. A renovation of the rooms would be money well spent, it seems like they thought if they put in a big tv then maybe you wouldn't notice the threadbare carpet. We would possibly stay here again, but only if it was cheap or recently refurbished.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us.

Your kind comments regarding the car park, hotel lobby and check-in experience are appreciated.

Regarding the Executive Room, it does indeed have a Mini Bar, a safe, bathrobes and upgraded toiletries. The room should have contained complimentary water and I am sorry that this had not been put in your room. I have discussed this matter with my Housekeeping Manager who is carrying out retraining with her team to ensure this does not happen again.

We have an ongoing maintenance and refurbishment programme within the hotel and the carpet in the bedroom you stayed in is due to be replaced in the near future.

I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel the next time you are staying in this area.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Stayed here on an overnight business trip. I cannot complain at all. Check was easy, quick and efficient and Receptionist was very pleasant. Bar staff went out of their way to ensure I had adequate menu choice for food intolerances. As a single traveller will def use again for future business stop overs.

• Stayed: October 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Southampton-Eastleigh.

I was delighted to read your kind comments regarding the efficiency of check-in and the helpfulness of the staff.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel should you be staying in this area in the future.

Hi everyone,
Please have a read of my other reviews and please like them!
I have to say I have stayed here 3 times now 1 week at a time overall everything is ok and up to standard, my question is what does holiday inn offer that the premire inn which is 2 mins down the road offer? and please dont give me the whole gym, room service speal as all this doesnt count as the Holiday inn is much more expensive than the premire inn.

Even the WIFI is charged at £5 per hour that is day light robbery we are in the 21st century, even wifi in the bar and communal areas is charged at £5 per hour

A note to the manager: Did you know even mc donalds now offer free wifi to paying customers!

services and the staff i cannot fault they are all very helpful and provide a good service - i think just their internet policy winds me up!

Room Tip: If you are a smoker they do smoking rooms!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank BritishBedouin

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a report following your recent stay with us. This being your third week long stay with us, we are very grateful for your loyalty to the hotel. I do hope that you have taken advantage of our Priority Club membership which really benefits our regular guests.

I do appreciate your comments regarding the Premier Inn, however the Holiday Inn Brand, whilst it is more expensive, offers a full service hotel facility on a 24 hour basis and yes we do offer an extensive Spirit leisure facility and room service. I think it is down to client preference to choose which Brand they prefer but the Holiday Inn Brand is, in my opinion, a superior product to the Premier Inn.

Wi-Fi is charged at £5 per hour and other packages are available for 4 to 24 hours. This charge is standard throughout the Holiday Inn under our ownership group and these charges are currently under review. Some other Holiday Inns under different ownership do give free Wi-Fi but that decision is theirs to make.

Thank you for your kind comments regarding the overall service and helpfulness of the team. On your next visit to the hotel I would be happy to meet up with you to discuss these comments further.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

We stayed as a family of 4 during a recent overnight stay on a package whilst visiting Peppa Pig World.

Rooms are standard size, but we just about squeezed in the extra bed and travelcot, and was comfortable enough for the one night.

Restaurant is quite small given the size of the hotel, so if you intend to eat at dinner then book early. Otherwise you can eat in the bar area which is relaxing enough, but again quite compact.

Breakfast was good, with plenty of choice including full English option. Again, arrive early enough in order to avoid having to wait for a table (but in general the que was fairly limited, given how busy the hotel was and the fact it was a Sunday).

Unfortunately, did not have time to visit the leisure area.

If we were looking to stay in the area again, we would certainly consider this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you for posting your kind remarks on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Southampton-Eastleigh. I was very pleased to read that you and your family enjoyed your stay whilst visiting Peppa Pig World.

I hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel should you be visiting the area again.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

I stayed in this hotel in September for 5 nights while on Business in the local area. After troubles with the firms travel booking, the Duty Manager was very kind and let me go to my room (I arrived at 9pm) and sort it the next day. The staff throughout my stay were very helpful, polite and chatty. The food was very tasty (although the pizza seemed to be a bit below the rest of the menu) and the pool/gym facilities are old but more than adequate. There is not much to do in he surrounding area without a car but the rooms are very comfy and skysports is available in the bar so I did not need to leave the hotel once back from work. If I am in the area again I will be staying here without a doubt.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Alastair L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Dear Ross H,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Southampton-Eastleigh.

I was delighted to read that you found the staff friendly and helpful and enjoyed your stay with us.

I do hope we will be able to welcome you back the next time you are staying in the Eastleigh area.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

We stayed at this hotel overnight On Sat 29th September and although we could not fault the hotel itself I would issue a word of caution about eating in the restaurant in the evening. Don't be fooled by the kids eat free promotion. My 3 year old did get a meal but the portions are small. We had to wait over 40 minutes for the food and when my steak did arrive it was very rare instead of medium. This was sent back and it took nearly 15 minutes for it to come back by which time everyone else had finished their dinner. I also consider the food is expensive for what you get. We did complain to the Duty Manager and to be fair he reduced the food bill significantly. The leisure facilities are a plus for this hotel so all in all the stay was ok.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Alastair L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Southampton-Eastleigh.

I was concerned that you were not happy with the portion size of the free children’s meal served to your child. On the whole we receive very positive feedback regarding the children’s meals and I am sorry that you were disappointed on this occasion. Please accept my sincere apologies for the delay in serving your dinner and that your steak was not cooked sufficiently. Please be assured that I have spoken to my Head Chef who will carry out retraining with his team.

I was pleased to read that you found the leisure facilities in the Spirit Health Club a plus, and do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel should you be visiting this area again.

Alastair Lawson

Also consider these accommodations in or near Eastleigh
Travelodge Southampton Eastleigh
Travelodge Eastleigh Central
Premier Inn Southampton Airport Hotel
Best Western Chilworth Manor Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Southampton M27 Jct 7
1 mi away
Ellington Lodge at the Concorde Club

Been to Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13? Share your experiences!