“You will never better this place”
Review of The Hurdles

The Hurdles
Reserve with OpenTable
The Hurdles is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 3 Restaurants in Droxford
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Alresford, United Kingdom
“You will never better this place”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I visit often with friends, family and for business. Food is excellent, service the best I have ever known. Sometimes, as the place is soooo popular, there are large parties of diners that can be noisy so I usually ask to eat in the Bar area where there are only a few small tables. Sarah and her Team Terrific are fantastic. Even the younger members of staff are brilliant. Cannot speak highly enough about them :-)

• Visited October 2012

Lee-on-the-Solent, United Kingdom
“loved it ever time!!!”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We were recommended the Hurdles by my Husbands Barber!! When we tried it we loved everything about it, the staff are so friendly, service great and the food, well what can I say. It was fantastic and we make it a regular visit now. Just booked to go back this weekend and take my parents for a really treat as they have just moved back to the UK from France.
I try and have a differnet dish each time I go just to try everything but the fish and chips are always my best choice. My husband loves the Hurdles too and we will keep going back!!

• Visited August 2012
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Sunday lunch”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Just returned from Sunday lunch (late afternoon really) with the family (6 of us). The food was good, the service was very good...would happily recommend it to anyone. The only issue (not reflected in the rating though) is that the car park isnt the largest and we drove round twice before a space became available with someone leaving the pub, and there isn't anywhere to park nearby especially with children in tow as the road junction can be busy, no biggie but thought I'd mention it.

• Visited September 2012
Berkshire, United Kingdom
“Spoilt for choice of lovely food”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Our group of 10 met for Saturday lunch & all had a good meal. The menu has a number of interesting dishes both for starters & mains. Knowing that the portions are pretty large, the ladies chose to stick to the breads, oil & balsamic taster whilst our men went for starters. Everyone enjoyed their mains although the pies were a bit heavy on the pastry to meat ratio, & most made room for desserts. The modern decor & nicely divided areas gave the restaurant a pleasant atmosphere & it was definitely worth the longish journey down from Reading.

• Visited September 2012
Fareham, United Kingdom
“Always a lovely treat.”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

We go here to eat on special occasions. sometimes the meals don't look like they will fill you up but they definitely do. Always good quality food. Sarah always remembers you and is welcoming!