“Absolutely faultless”

Four Seasons Hotel Hampshire, England
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Dogmersfield
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Our family of 10 including grandchildren stayed for a long weekend at this hotel to celebrate a big birthday. It is in a great location in the best part of English countryside and has great facilities for great many activities such as falconry, fishing, boating, cycling, riding, swimming etc. The rooms are generous in size and comfortable, the food in both the Bistro and Seasons restaurants was extremely good, but above all, the quality of staff is outstanding.
We could not recommend this place more. It is 100%.

Room Tip: Use the spa facilities. The massages are fantastic!!!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank LarsEBerntson
FSHH, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Hampshire, England, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Dear Guest,
I'm so delighted to read that your recent celebratory stay here in Hampshire was 'faultless' - I shall be sure to share your wonderful comments with my team.
With best regards,
Charlie Parker

There are newer reviews for Four Seasons Hotel Hampshire, England

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Its got the brand, its got the location, its even got a friendly pet policy!
On the whole I love any Four Season Hotel globally, I have been to many and I think I have got a good feeling for the brand. So I should be awarding my stay Excellent.... But I am not!!! Why?!?!
The service of the staff is truly wonderful. There is a good mixture of international staff, friendly, polite and happy to help. The rooms are spacious as you would expect, the facilities are first class. But there is something missing....
Both my wife and I had issues with the standard of house keeping. In any Four Seasons hotel the house keeping is spot on. But here I got the impression that the floor team working our room was under considerable time pressure??! We only had one evening turndown... Our flowers in the room were only changed once during our stay (upon our request as we have a young baby), the mini bar was only re-stocked the once and the fruits we got as complimentary were at times bruised and never a full set. Now to the normal traveler this is not a big deal... And I would agree... But this is the Four Seasons... These are the things that should happen automatically, the guest should not even have to think twice about such matters especially at this price point. Another area of concern was the available number of dishes for the breakfast buffet... very small.. it was on par with something that I would have expected to see at an average business hotel. As an additional area of concern was the lack of lifeguards in attendance when my son was taken ill in the pool. Fortunately I was with him... but it took me a good 5 minutes to find a member of hotel staff to help me - Not good at all. That said, once they realized something was wrong they all arrived mob handed eager to assist!!!
But dont let that put you off this hotel. Its a good'en and worth staying in if you enjoy the great outdoors, horse-riding and cycling! We enjoyed our stay and we will be going back, but if you are a seasoned Four Season guest dim down your expectations... they are on a learning journey to the top!!

Room Tip: For families of 4 (2 children) get an executive suite try to get one overlooking the estate. If you...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I spent my Babymoon here with my husband. It was our first baby. The service was amazing! They had a special pillow for pregnant women and chocolates when I arrived. The grounds are fantastic and we took advantage of them by taking long walks. There is a games room and free bikes to ride around the grounds. I didn't get to ride them as I was heavily pregnant. I did manage or play croquet though! I had a special massage experience for my bump! The pool was beautiful! We went in April when Spring was at its peak and the hotel was quite empty. It was fantastic! My bub will have to visit the hotel when she can walk as there are lots of activities for kids and she will absolutely love the pool! We had lovely afternoon tea there and loved the hotel dog. He was so well behaved and seemed to be looking out for the guests as well! I'm looking forward to taking my daughter there one day!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I telephoned only an hour ahead in August and received the best service I have ever been given in all the many hotels I have visited. Having just been discharged from hospital my requirements were tricky as I needed a room without air-conditioning. Given that the weather was hot and all the rooms are air conditioned this was not a straightforward request! The hotel staff went to great lengths to ensure I had a lovely cool quiet room and switched off the air system for me, which was wonderful. I was able to rest fully and enjoy my brief stay, which I appreciated greatly. I would have stayed for a week if I could have! I can't comment really on the Spa or falconry or riding or shooting as I wasn't able to take part, but I thought the programme of activities was appealing. The many children in the hotel seemed to be having fun and to be well looked after, too. My stay made me want to try other hotels in the group as well as to return to this one. Top score for this visit from me.

Room Tip: Talk to the staff when you book and be specific about what you need. I like the rooms in the main h...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We came back to this great hotel, and we were surprised that you can always can get better.
The service is like no other hotel, the four seasons took it to the next level of personalization, of getting to know your desired, every request is handled with care, and will be recorded for your next visit.
It is total different experience to visit the four seasons in the summer, especially in Summer of 2013 (very hot...)
It is a great location for traveling in the area,the new forest, and the country side.
We tried the Seasons/Fish restaurant - very good.
My only feedback would be to notice that this hotel welcomes kids and dogs, during the school vacation, it could become noisy, and will not suit the romantic SPA experience.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
FSHH, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Hampshire, England, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Dear Guest,
We're delighted to read that you enjoyed your second visit even more than your first.
I do hope you will choose to come back for a third stay!
With best wishes,
Charlie Parker

Reviewed September 21, 2013

Putting the widely known Four Seasons bravado aside; The Four Seasons Hampshire is simply wonderful. The Belvedere suite provided the luxury of the hotel and elegance of a great country house - all the while making it feel like home from home (even with the days newspaper on the table). Although the restaurant lacked atmosphere, the outdoor terrace had lovely views across the vast countryside giving it the illusion of being in the middle of nowhere; despite being less than 10 minutes from the motorway!

Staff were pleasant and even helped a colleague arrange helicopter transport from the grounds into London for the following morning. Valet parking was useful as the main car park was a fair walk from the hotel across the gravel driveway.

We were fortunate with weather but a a series of glass corridors connecting different parts of the hotel saved walking all the way through the grounds - although I did enjoy an adventure through the mass of corridors and grand staircases (there is so much to see!). The spa was faultless with a large pool and extremely clean facilities. All in all, my stay was a hugely pleasurable experience.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank AlBrin
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Welcomed by staff and wagging house Lab. Stayed in a Heritage room on the top floor, up the original English oak staircase (at the top of which is a bright glass dome). Separate walk-in closet, claw-foot tub, big shower, separate toilet room. Lovely views of the fields, lake, and swans. Bed was the best, and the staff were friendly and helpful. We felt like we were private guests of an invisible squire.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CA-CH-FR
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dogmersfield
Tylney Hall
#1 of 1 in Oakley
Lainston House Hotel
Lainston House Hotel
#1 of 13 in Winchester

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Hampshire, England? Share your experiences!