“Luxury for all the family”

Four Seasons Hotel Hampshire, England
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Dogmersfield
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My husband and I stayed at The Four Seasons hotel, Hampshire with our 5 month old daughter. We chose the hotel because of its child friendly reviews and boy did it live up to that reputation. There are so many baby/child friendly aspects to this hotel that it is little wonder so many families were there over the Christmas period when we stayed. From the baby amenities pack to the staff who went out of their way to welcome children into the spa and restaurants, this is the perfect hotel if you want to combine luxury with a family break. As soon as we got to our room and put our baby on the king size bed, her face lit up and smiled as if to say 'are we really staying here'?! She has good taste already and I can see she is going to cost me a small fortune on future holidays.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank SajRussell
There are newer reviews for Four Seasons Hotel Hampshire, England

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Booked a two night stay here for myself and my husband. We were looking for a hotel with character, relaxing spa, good food and wine. Although the Four Seasons did provide us with most of these, we could not believe how family orientated it is. At times, the bar and restaurants felt completely over run with small children running about and climbing on furniture! I had booked our break over the last weekend of February half term, perhaps it is quieter during term times. If you are looking for a couples type break and fancy trying this place, I would definitely recommend trying term time. One member of staff told us they had 50 children staying in the hotel that weekend. Most seemed to be under the age of 5. It just wasn't what were expecting!

Aspects of the hotel we liked:
- Majority of the staff were friendly and professional. It is not a stuffy hotel, probably because they do cater for so many families with young children.
- Liked our room. We booked a Grand Manor room and were allocated room 1202. Tastefully decorated, comfortable bed and fairly large. It has 3 long windows in the bedroom looking out to the grounds at the front and side of the house. We were hoping for an amazing view as described on the web site but it didn't do much for us - perhaps because our break was in February and the fields, trees and lake in front of the house looked bleak. Great en suite marble bathroom with a massive free standing roll top bath, separate shower and toilet. The Asprey Purple Water toiletries were quite nice.
- Good range of amenities in the room: tea/coffee maker - with fresh milk in the mini bar, iron and ironing board. Two big wardrobes with plenty of hangers.
- Swimming pool area was clean and attractive. Liked the outside vitality pool that you swim out to.
- My husband really enjoyed his spa treatment.
- We enjoyed most of the food at the hotel. We ate in the Spa restaurant which has more of an oriental theme to the menu - the food here was great. We ate in the the Seasons restaurant on both nights of our stay. We had a very different experience on both nights. The 'usual' Seasons restaurant was excellent. We did not enjoy the Fish themed night as much. They do this every Friday. Wasn't really the food though that was the problem. Our table was booked for 9.15pm and even at this time there were tons of children in the restaurant, it was very noisy and some were running round the tables! Breakfast was great on both mornings. The buffet has an excellent range of choice including an egg station: the chef will cook hen or duck eggs however you choose and a choice of about 6 different types of sausages along with the usual cereals, fruits, breads and pastries.

Aspects of the hotel we did not like:
- Many more very young children that we expected. I suppose this place is excellent for families but it was not the type of break we were hoping for. At times the pool and restaurants were very noisy.
- It took a long time to get served in the bar.
- Our room was not serviced until after 4pm. House keeping did not replace tea or coffee but did remember to replenish the fresh milk
- They like to play fairly loud music in the restaurants and bar areas. It really got on my nerves in the restaurants, especially over breakfast. The Fish night in Seasons was accompanied by a guitar player belting out tunes and the usual Seasons dining experience by a pianist which was quiet nice but why do we need to have loud Jazz/Swing music played over breakfast? I understand that most hotel bars will have some kind of ambient music playing but the volume was annoying.

I feel slightly mean awarding 3 stars. It could have been a great break for us but unfortunately it was so busy with young children it spoilt the experience for us. I would recommend this hotel to families but I would warn couples that they should take care when they book. It was an expensive two night stay, it would have been worth every penny if it had been relaxing, I guess our timing was wrong!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AngeS
Reviewed February 20, 2013

My third mid-week January visit and I'm already looking forward to the fourth. We were on a preferred rate with Whatahotel which included breakfast. Enjoy the Four Seasons experience without leaving the country!
The spa and pool area is lovely (and really quiet in the afternoon/ evening when the local members have gone home). Breakfast is great and they made us anything from the a la carte menu on days when the hotel was so empty there was no buffet. Service was personal and warm throughout.
My only comment is that this is a totally different hotel during the holidays and at week-ends when Londoners use it as their country house and there are hundreds of children. Do check the school calendar before booking...

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank frequentflyerLondon
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

This exquisite country estate has been tastefully converted into a first class hotel by Four Seasons and is highly recommended by this recent guest.

Service was as expected top quality. The menu did not disappoint.

The room I had was very nice consisting of a decent sized bedroom, living room and large bathroom with bath and walk in shower.

I can't wait to go again.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Middleburg_Wanderer
Reviewed February 13, 2013

We regularly stay at the Four Seasons Hampshire as it always offers such a memorable weekend getaway for the family. It is a perfect setting for a relaxing country side retreat. It has something for everyone as it offers an extensive range of activities to keep the kids busy while the adults enjoy the various health club, sports and spa facilities. The Spa menu is constantly evolving to include new treatments. I especially enjoyed the variety of pre / post natal treatments. Oliver, the hotel's black Labrador, is an absolute treat!

Room Tip: Try the special Friday Fish Menu at the Seasons Restaurant. Book early as it is extremely popular.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Morbidiq
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Beautiful location, great food, amazing spa, lovely room, lots of things for the kids to see and do. The only fault that I could possibly find was the lack of tea and coffee making facilities in the room. But everything else more than made up for that! I would go back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank shutterfly88
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Went there for a conference and loved the fantastic location. Check in was very efficient and the staff were uniformly lovely and happy and helpful all through my stay. Organisation was also very efficient - really impressive in fact. The room was gorgeous and the only downside is that I was so busy I didn't have the chance to properly enjoy it - would love to go back for a relaxing weekend, especially as the spa looked very inviting. The food was good - although suffered a little from the usual curse of mass catering, would be fun to sample their a la carte I think to see what the chefs can really do.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Janetyjanet
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dogmersfield
Tylney Hall
#1 of 1 in Oakley
Lainston House Hotel
Lainston House Hotel
#1 of 13 in Winchester

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Hampshire, England? Share your experiences!