“Never To Be Repeated”

Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Andover
midlands
“Never To Be Repeated”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Booked in here for 1 night and unfortunately it was 1 night too many, the building is old and full of character but that does not mean it should be dirty and poorly maintained but it is both of these things.
The dust on the skirting boards was years old and the toilet brush was an absolute health hazard as was the scum build up on the bath and surrounding tiles.
We made the mistake of ordering some food before heading out for the evening, it was a basic meal but it was dry, overcooked and like rubber, we heard other people complaining about the food so were not alone in our opinion.
Breakfast the next day was not much better unfortunately as the sausage was cremated and the mushrooms were stone cold as was the toast which we suspected had been "recycled" as it was also quite stale.
This hotel apparently used to be very good and still has the potential to be good again but it needs a visit from the hotel Inspector before I ever set foot in the place again

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank ExcaliberMidlands
Valued Guest,

Please aacept my apologies for your experience here at The White Hart, I have just taken over as manager (16/08/14) and the team and I are working hard to improve our guests experience. Even though your visit was before my arrival I would like to turn your experience with us around, please contact myself on 01264352266 and we will see what we can do for you.

Mark Leech MBII Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Nice Pub and accommodation, we did have to change rooms as we were in room 22 and there was no air circulation and extremely hot, even with the window wide open. The lovely staff on duty helped us to change rooms and gave us another room (away from the kitchen extractor fans) which was lovely and cool. Thank you to the staff, everyone was so helpful. Good value for money.

Room Tip: Don't choose room 22, go for room 28 if you can.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jackie M
Valued Guest,

Many thanks for your review, I have just taken over as manager (16/08/14) and the team and I are working hard to improve our guests experience. Your comments have been really useful and we would look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Narberth, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

These were my experiences:
A bedroom that so smelt of damp it was hard to sleep.
Somebody else's hair on the hand wash in my bedroom.
Really oily veggie dinner.
Eggs that were barely edible for breakfast.
Green tea with milk instead of earl grey.
Will I go again? No way!

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Mark Leech MBII Manager

Travelers are raving about these Andover hotels

Gillingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 21, 2014

Stayed here for the weekend and booked room 23 the honeymoon suit, and was very impressed, the ensuite bathroom was a treat, flower petals on the bed, everything to make the weekend romantic for my 9th anniversary, the Pink champers was great, the food was out of this world, and great value for money, the staff were very helpful, esp Clare, she was at our beck and call so to speak. met the chef, very nice chap. better then the preimer inn that we have stayed at before, would stay here again, maybe next year, for a romantic weekend away,

Room Tip: 18 century Building so no Fitness centre or swimming pool
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Simon D
Valued Guest,

Many thanks for your glowing review, I have just taken over as manager (16/08/14) and the team and I are working to give our guests the best experience. Your comments have been a boost and we would look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Sittingbourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 21, 2014

After spending several hours travelling it was so nice to be welcomed by friendly staff who would go out of their way to make sure our stay was comfortable. After a good nights sleep I couldn't fault the breakfast a full English it was lovely, I also found the evening meals to my satisfaction. I will definitely be coming back again and will recommend this to my friends and family.

Helen

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Taunton, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

I recently went to this restaurant for a meal with my family and I have to say it was a surprise how good and polite the staff was. The food was also very good and enjoyable plus good value for the money. I would recommend this place to anyone who was to visit.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

NORTHANTS
Reviewed May 7, 2014

We also arrived to a friendly welcome after a long day at Thruxton. Managed to get there just in time for a Sunday evening meal as they stop taking orders at 8 p.m. Food & drink very good value & friendly bar staff. We had the four-poster room pictured on here, nice room, although carpet could do with a good clean & no hot water in shower. Lots of noise outside until nearly 5 a.m. but no fault of the hotel's. We would stay here again as it was good value for the room, food & drink overall. & is very convenient for visiting places other than Thruxton being quite close to Marlborough, Salisbury, etc.

Room Tip: We had four-poster room 23, very noisy outside until almost daylight, but my fault because I have to...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Mark Leech MBII Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Andover
The Star & Garter
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,075 reviews
Peat Spade Inn
Peat Spade Inn
#1 of 2 in Stockbridge

Been to White Hart? Share your experiences!