“Don't book the function room!!”
Review of White Hart

and 1 more site!
White Hart
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Andover
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Had a surprise party for family member and had ordered food for 40 people. Food supplied was barely enough for 20! Considering the cost I was extremely disappointed and ask them to provide chips to make up for this.
Also, a small baby needed to be changed during the evening and his mother was told to do this on the floor of the ladies toilets as they had no facilities for this. In this day and age I consider this to be unacceptable, as well as being unhygienic.
I would not recommend this as being value for money and will not be returning.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank bikerchique
There are newer reviews for White Hart

Reviewed October 26, 2012

I love the White Hart, The Staff are excellent, really hard working and friendly and the food is great sometimes although the menu is limited and if you stay often its easy to work your way through the menu.

Now the BUT The reason I stopped using the hotel is because every room I had been given has had problems, No hot water, no heating, room too hot and above kitchen ventilator system, Drunks fighting outside at 2.30am, Toilets blocking up frequently. The hotel plumbing and heating system needs ripping out and replacing, however I do appreciate that the building is several hundred years old so this would not be easy but they are taking money for rooms so this should be a priority.

It was just the really basic things like the bath plugs that doesn't hold water, which can easily be rectified. I would be given the same room a few months later and all the same problems were still there so no maintenance is being done.

Despite all this I would still recommend a stay at the White Hart as the building is beautiful and if you are really lucky you could get one of the rooms at the front and one of them is fitted with a four poster bed (But please please please fix the bath plug and toilet in that room) I've stayed in that room 3 times over 2 years and each time I had to fill the bin from the bath several times to flush the loo. When you fill the bath, go away to get your clothes ready, you come back to an empty bath!!!. Its your hot water that is being wasted for the sake of a bath plug costing £2.50p

Again I have to state the staff are excellent and very hard working but they are being let down by the poor maintenance regime. I hope someone from Marston's head office reads this and take note that their staff at the White Hart are fighting a loosing battle and need help.

I have now started using the Premier Inn which has its own problems and is not a patch on the White Hart, but everything works.

Room Tip: Worst room IMHO room 20 which is above the kitchen extractor fan. Best rooms 23 and 25. 23 has the f...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank marciasdad
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Only had food here with 3 other colleagues on the pretence that we might stay here instead of the QH. Real ale is great, meeting the local drunk smelling of sick, not so great. Food was not great either. My pie came with conjealed gravy on it and I could only manage to eat 50% of it as the second 50% was terrible. All in all the consensus of opinion was that we would not be staying here or eating here again. Note, we didn't complain as we weren't paying for it...the beauty of expenses! Oh forgot about service...slow...maybe that's why my gravy was like tar! Beer the only highlight!!

Room Tip: Only have the food....oh no....only have beer....oh no....as long as local drunk isn't around, d...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 7, 2012

We went for a family meal for my mum's 60th. Fantastic food, great friendly service. Gorgeous place and the chef is fabulous, she came to check everything was ok and we were enjoying it.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Janeyjane22
Reviewed July 1, 2012

We stayed here when visiting friends in the area. Unfortunately we wont be staying again!! First impresssions were that the room looked clean. However things soon came to light to let it down. The staff on checking in gave no information about meal times etc. There was no tea in the room and only 2 sachets of coffee - think they may have forgotten to fill up! There was a holder for a hair dryer and an attachment for a hairdryer but after washing my hair and looking for the hairdryer was told all hairdryers had been taken out of the rooms because they kept blowing up!! Went to take a shower and the water was freezing. It came out luke warm into the bath but when turned onto the shower it went cold. I was informed 'yes we do seem to be having a problem with the boiler especially in that room!' I have since read other trip advisor comments and has also been documented by someone in February. The corridors to our room were shabby and the paintwork could certainly do with a damp cloth running over. Breakfast was a huge disappointment. First of all I dont really like to see the staff stood outside the dining area smoking. We were sat near the window and had a lovely view of an overflowing ashtray and all the rubbish on the floor from the night before. The only edible things on my plate were baked beans, tomato and mushroom - but you cant really go wrong with those. The scambled egg was overcooked and the bacon like leather. The only plus was when I complained we had the room rate reduced.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Gymbw
Reviewed June 8, 2012

wow loved this place was away with work and have to say the white hart was excellent allison,jasmine and staff made us feel welcome , clean, cosy highly recomended

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Mark T
Reviewed June 5, 2012

The White Hart offers a excellent menu. On our last visit however , we had had enough. The wait of "OVER" 35 minutes was explained to us ... The Salmon is taking a while to cook ??? Others in the restaurant had had their meals delivered , devoured them and their tables cleared whilst we waited. It became obvious that who ever was cooking , was obviously cooking by " A Ticket " at a time ! this was confirmed to us later by a member of staff who told us they were always having trouble with Chef's ? And on this and possibly the previous visit , as we were willing to go a second time hoping our first visit was a one off ? the food was being cooked by the "Hotel Porter"!! What a shame. because everything points that this Hotel should be extremely successful and busy.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tony1104
Also consider these accommodations in or near Andover
The Star & Garter
Norton Park - A QHotel
Norton Park - A QHotel
#1 of 1 in Sutton Scotney
The White Horse Inn & Restaurant

Been to White Hart? Share your experiences!