“A really good activity”

TreeRunners
Ranked #1 of 4 Tours in Andover
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Treerunners is an exciting, challenging and sometimes demanding activity that uses zip lines, snowboards and tarzan swings as well as other challenges to get you from tree to tree. Set in a beautiful oak forest, it is the perfect day out for families, birthday parties, hens, stags, first dates (or last) and school trips. You don’t have to go up with the kids! (unlike other courses). On both our Junior course and Adult course we use safety systems that make it impossible to unclip from the safety line which leaves you free to either join them or chill out with a coffee on the ground.
Aldershot, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A really good activity”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

So i ended up doing this as a daytime activity on my stag party. There were around 7 of us that went andi was a little worried it would be a bit tame for a group of lads but we all agreed that it was a great thing to do.

The staff were friendly and very helpful and the ropes system was great. Being idiot proof
( there were a couple of idiots in our group ;) meant that the staff did not have to watch over you and you could just go off and have fun. There were times whne it was quite hard work, such as climbing up the cargo net but we all managed it without any real problems.

The only thing i wold be aware of is wearing a watch, my dad had his ripped off by the tarzan swing/cargo net. I think this was the only obstacle with any risk of injury (there is an easy way around this one) also as the stag i was told i had to try this no handed which was supprisingly difficult.

Over all I feel its something everybody should try. I have not done Go Ape so am unable to compare but i get the impression this is a slightly more intense version.

1 Thank _Stove_5

Southampton, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Watch your watch - as well as your step!”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Tree Runners is fun for al the Family. If you have tried Go Ape! then you'll know what to expect. The safety system is different - and almost certainly idiot proof - so you won't fall off! The attraction is well hidden in the woods, and has a relaxed 'adventure' setting and feel to it. The welcome is genuine, and the delight and smiles of the people already on the routes is apparent as soon as you get out of your car. The challenges are fun, with long zip wires and interesting lay outs. BUT - what I don't understand, and is not explained, is why they put a two and half hours time limit - written in ink on your hand - and then strictly enforce this despite very clear delays from slower treerunners in front of you. Of the 4 main adult challengers we only managed 2 because the safety briefing took so long, and we were held up. For this reason - Go Ape gets my vote as better value. So, watch your watch - and perhaps try to negotiate longer when you go?

5 Thank rarelydelighted
Liphook, England, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“More fun than I expected!”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Fantastic! This was way more fun than I expected. We went with our 2 young boys. (6 and 8) Little tricky to find the site, just follow the signs for treerunners. There are 2 trails for the kids to follow, only about 2 meters up in the trees, very safe and very fun and challenging! Fun to do and fun to watch the kids, as they can easely do it alone. I stayed up with my 6 year old and we did the 2 trails twice in the 90 minutes you pay for. My older son went at his own pace and did the 2 trails 3 times at least. It is so varieing that it doesn't bore. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Very kind to my two chatterbox boys. I can recommend this to everyone with kids! I witnessed a mum with a crying girl who managed to do the trail, at the end she high fived her parents and glowed with pride. She did it! I felt the same! not wanting to show my fear to my boys.

Ringwood, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic day out”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

What an amazing day! 4 teens, numerous trees and an amazing system that allowed them to move safely and freely about the forest. Great staff, helpful, supportive and knowledgable. It was well worth the hours journey to get there from Bournemouth. Cannot recommend highly enough. Thank you.

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“grandsons adventure”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

if there is ever a place to help youngsters gain confidence or you want your kids to then this is the place.
nicely tucked away from all traffic in the middle of a forest it is a lovely location.
when you arrive the booking in is easy ,and then on to the instructions from the staff who keep it simple so the young ones understand
once this is done then there of on their adventure.
there are different levels for every one from the young to the older ones.
the staff are very good and very helpful our 6 yr old would froze when he got to the zip wire and refused to move, in no time a member of staff was up there with him and spent time with him and before you know it he was on his way down after that there was no stopping him.
all in all treerunners is excellent value for money.