“4x4 Driving Experiance”

Thruxton Motorsport Centre
Ranked #3 of 19 things to do in Andover
More attraction details
Owner description: Thruxton Motorsport Centre offers visitors the chance to drive their dream cars on the UK's fastest race circuit plus we have an outdoor Kart Centre, Skid Pan driving facility and 4x4 Off Road driving Track. We also host the UK's premier race meetings including British Touring Cars and British Superbikes, British Trucks and many more inbetween.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
“4x4 Driving Experiance”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

My wife had booked me the introductory offroad experiance for my birthday, what a cracking day, meant to be 3 of us in the car but 2 people didn't turn up so get a fantastic 1 to 1 experience. The instructor was patient and good at explaining the correct way of doing things,
Most fun I have ever had going at 10mph!

Visited June 2014

Southampton, England, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Tiff Needell Driving Experience”
Reviewed May 30, 2014

Travelled from Devon just to be Tiff Needells Passenger it was well worth it. The experience only lasted about 10 mins but we watched others going with him and admired all the sports cars. We also visited the restuarant . All in all it was a very enjoyable time for me .

Visited May 2014
2 Thank 520Sarah
London, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Went for the BTCC”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Great atmosphere, getting in and out on Saturday and getting in on Sunday were no problem at all, staff were very helpful. Food was the sort of price you'd expect- £4-5 for a burger, nothing to stop you bringing your own food. Main downside was getting out on Sunday- suddenly the staff who'd been oh so helpful that morning became useless and just stood there as three queues of cars tried to go into one lane. Took over an hour to get on the road. And I don't see why they need to charge extra for the paddock entry when other circuits don't and their ticket prices are the same.

Visited May 2014
London, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Fantastic Day Out, Tad Expensive”
Reviewed May 15, 2014

Had two track day experiences at Thruxton, both very good and extremely fun. The single seaters are by far the best part of the day so make sure to choose an experience that includes these. Although great fun the experiences are quite expensive for the limited time you have out on the track.

Visited August 2013
Oxford, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Dont waste your time”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

I would advise anyone thinking of buying a 'experience' at thruxton to take their money to other tracks that provide better experiences or save it and hire a fast car for the weekend. My 'experience' did not start too badly, the gentlemen to accompanied me in the Porsche Caymen was very pleasant, and let me loose abit. On the card supplied for the instructors to provide comments on, he wrote 'fast'. When I moved over to the Aventador, and had the unfortunate pleasure of meeting the 'instructor' for that he, was immediately condescending and patronising, 'pfft fast I think I'll be the judge of that' At no point the the 3 LAPS! was I allowed to go past 5000rpm constantly being dictated when to change gear. I changed gear apparently at the wrong time which was followed by, swearing from the instructor in my direction, great £400 for this! Did not 'experience full throttle at any point without ear ache, so after your whole 3 laps, you have paid £400 to 'tootle' around the track without experiencing one of the fastest cars in the world properly! At the end I was given I pep talk by 'yoda' explaining how he just wanted me to gain some of his skills! What an absolute ego maniac, even if this was the case in 3 laps no one is going to be a master around the track, stop dictating and let people enjoy the experience how they see fit! (£400)

Visited April 2014