“THE TASTIEST CURRIES IN ANDOVER!”
Review of Light of Asia

Light of Asia
Ranked #85 of 117 Restaurants in Andover
Cuisines: Asian, Indian, Balti, Eastern European, Bangladeshi
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Andover, United Kingdom
“THE TASTIEST CURRIES IN ANDOVER!”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

This restaurant is run by Tom and his friend. Although the interior is looking a little tired, the food is the most important factor. Generous portions of lamb and chicken..try the lamb methi..a taste to die for! Prices are quite reasonable!

Visited March 2013
1 Thank BARRYONEUK

Hampshire, United Kingdom
“used to be good”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Used this place for years back in the late 90s, 00s but the standards have dropped. Food not vert exciting, and waiter non attentive and suddenly could not speak good english when I complained. Place is grubby and dirty. I also noticed they have a bad rating with food standards agency and have been threatened with closure (did not know this when we went back) My wife and I were passing though as visiting friends - we used to live closeby and use this place every week, so a shame its now so bad. Take my advise - avoid it!

Visited July 2012
Bracknell
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A nice surprise!”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

First time in this resturant i went out with some work colleagues i found it to be Very friendly, nice atmosphere, great prices, food was amazing,

• Visited November 2012
Hants, Uk
“Very mediocre”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

This establishment used to serve the best curry in Andover once upon a time, our last visit was definitely underwhelming. It may be one of the cheaper curries in the town now but quality has certainly suffered with thin watery sauces and lack of flavour. Definitely a shame, it could be down to the increased competition and having a larger restaurant almost directly opposite but this is not what it once was unfortunately.

• Visited May 2012
“Excellent”
Reviewed June 13, 2012

After reading what others have put I'm very shocked. Me and my partner have used this Indian for nearly 5 years and every time has out standing. I read above about bad standards of food and service but I have never had any of these problems. Infact the complete opersite the staff can't help you enoth, and the food is spot on the best Indian most probley in Hampshire ( opinion ). Every time we go we get placed and asked if we would like drinks. Then straight away menus are given and order is taken then with in 5 mins your tucking in. Most people would give a 5star all round but I gess like anywere at times restaurants are bad.