“Enjoyed my stay.”

Churchmews Guesthouse
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Andover
Churchmews Guesthouse
Ranked #18 of 19 Andover B&B and Inns
“Enjoyed my stay.”
Reviewed May 3, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at this guest house while I was doing some revamp work at the chantry shopping centre. This made it ideal for easy of getting to site as the shopping centre is located on same street. This makes it a prime location if you like to splash the cash. Denise the manageress of this establishment is very friendly and can't understand why one previous review related her to the Gestapo. My request for what I liked for breakfast was met with no animosity.refrence to earlier review of the vegetarian guest why joke about what you wanted for breakfast and then be upset with what you received. You asked for beans on toast and you got it.
The room was exceptionally clean the day I arrived and remained that way all through my stay. Every evening on my return from work I found my room had been cleaned to a high standard and tea and coffee had been overly replenished
If on my return for more work in Andover I hope there will be room for me at this very welcoming guest house.
P.s to the negative reviews. If you are expecting the Hilton then put your hands in your pockets and pay out for those extreme luxuries.
Thanks for a comftable atay

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Robbo199

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Poole, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I stayed at Churchmews Guesthouse on Saturday 21st April while hiking the Test Way over four days with a friend, sharing a twin room. On arrival we found Denise quite friendly, although her local knowledge of restaurants and recommended places to eat falls well short of the mark, as we later found out. The twin room was small and the position on the corner of a one way system meant that if you like a well ventilated room with windows open all night, it felt like you had a freeway running through your head all night!!

Warning - Andover town centre on a Saturday night is definitely to be be avoided unless you want to get paralytically drunk with all the local low life that inhabit the town centre. It represents a true spectacle of everything that is wrong with England, in 2012.

Breakfast in the morning was a disaster. Having told Denise the evening before I was a vegetarian and that beans on toast would be 'ok', (joke), this was taken literally. White bread coated in butter and luke warm beans were presented. No wholemeal toast optons were offered and no interest from the guy that served us as to if the breakfast was acceptable. I consequently left the place hungry with a 12 mile hike ahead of me, and frankly, glad to see the back of it.

I would not recommend this establishment to anyone.

Room Tip: Don't stay here - move on!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Andy S
Shanklin, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 30, 2012

We enjoyed an over night stay at Church Mews, while visiting family in Andover, Very clean, warm, comfortable, lovely breakfast, we found Denise friendly and helpfull, home from home like staying with a friend.
Church Mews is very central to town and surounding area, agree 100% with the other reviews, apart from Alan E

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jan S
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 27, 2012

I strongly disagree with the previous review.! I have been coming here for a long time on business and have had absolutely no problems. The landlady has always made my stay so welcoming hence why I keep coming back. If someone did there homework on the guest house they would see it is situated by a church the name says it all! Of course everyone is entitled to their own opinion and this is mine. Please don't let small minded people put you off staying here. Its the best stay in andover and would highly recommend.

• Stayed January 2012
2 Thank rachellouise86
Reading
Reviewed January 27, 2012

This place has a good location and is a good for the price.

The facilities are clean and the shower is nice and powerful which I really like! Also the room was immaculate and the TV had freeview box so could watch all the channels i normally would at home. Nice warm towels too!

Landlady was helpful and advised on the local restaurants and the surrounding shops ect which was useful.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business