“very disappointing!”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Heating hadn't been put on although we had booked a week earlier! Dirty crockery and cutlery! Service so slow that after waiting 1 hour 15 mins for our main dishes, we left - being cold and hungry - and went to the excellent Chillies restaurant nearby. Apparently Shahi Raj were short-staffed! We will never go back and will not recommend it.

1  Thank B J T

Reviewed July 30, 2012

The food is brilliant and you get a very wide selection. We go here regularly and the staff are very friendly and helpful.
It is good value for money and the restaurant have a lovely atmosphere. Would recommend everyone to try it!

Reviewed July 28, 2012

I would love to say somethign nice :( the lady owner is a extremely nice and welcoming Lady. But , the food ?? NO COMMENT ! Sorry. Will not be going back again.

1  Thank tony1104
Reviewed January 22, 2012

Very personable staff, great classic food
If you want a dish not on the menu then rahela will make it with no questions, has a long standing history and has many many loyal clients

2  Thank mra255
Reviewed December 20, 2011

This is the WORST curry I have ever had. My fiancé and I ordered a “medium curry”, which could not have been more bland. Plain pasta sauce had more flavor. I never complain about food, but this was appalling, and I literally couldn’t eat it. To make matters worse, the staff didn’t care and acted like we were wrong, even though we showed them that the menu clearly stated otherwise!

Finally, they offered to give us new (supposedly accurate) carryout curries as compensation. They gave us one curry of the same abysmal quality.

I will never go to this dump again.

1  Thank erin d