“Take-away 8 Feb - Good food!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tycoon Chinese Restaurant

Tycoon Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 117 Restaurants in Andover
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: We passionately believe in providing friendly service, high quality food, supporting fresh locally produced products, complemented with Chinese cuisine and flavours, and we even stock delicious English wines in our cellars!
Hampshire, United Kingdom
“Take-away 8 Feb - Good food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

The only reason we got a take-away from here was because of all the good reviews, it lived up to expectation !

It did take an hour to arrive, and the phone was answered quickly and passed onto a gent who was very nice advised me of how much (Surprised of how cheap !, 2 plain chew mien and prawn crackers with chicken balls 12.60)

Good portion sizes, i was very worried at first ordering the chew mien because my stomach cannot handle spices or greasy food. It was only a tiny bit greasy but it was lovely and much better than the other Chinese take-aways in Andover were they are a pile of grease on a plate.

The prawn crackers weren't overpowering and had a subtle prawn taste,which i love, the chicken balls had a great amount of chicken in, not like others that just cover a tiny ball in batter.

Overall we were very happy and would definitely buy again, only criticism is how long it took to arrive to our door and that it was only warm.

I would definitely recommend this if you have never tried it, hopefully the restaurant food is just as good as now planning to visit.

• Visited February 2013

Andover, United Kingdom
“Chinese Meal 5th January 2013”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

The Staff are very friendly and welcoming. The meal was of reasonable standard. A few little details that could have made it more professional (we had a candle on the table they did not lit- this would have created a more personal impression, and the flowers on the table were plastic real ones or a single stem orchid would have been nice). We tried everything on the appetisers list and they were fine, their crispy duck was very good. We ordered squid in chilli and garlic salt the batter was very hard and appeared cold (possibly cooked first and had hardened whilst waiting for the other dishes to be ready!) The other dishes we ordered from the main menu were fine, good sweet and sour pork, egg fried rice was a little stodgy, singapore noodles were fine. We sat at the rear of the restaurant where there were 5 tables for couples and noticed that as soon as a table emptied it was full again within 5 minutes. This is a busy little restaurant with friendly service and reasonable food. We would visit again.

• Visited January 2013
“A festive Chinese”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

Had a lovely dinner here the other night with friends. The restaurant was full and very festive with crackers on the tables. Set within a grade 2 listed building which creates a nice ambience, with friendly staff and well cooked food. Also got fortune cookies at the end of the meal which I miss in other Chinese restaurants.

Wiltshire, United Kingdom
“Really good food in a slightly different setting.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

Excellent chinese food is served here that you cannot fault. The restaurant is located in a very old building in Andover town centre with plenty of oak beams etc. The service is good but there is a downside in that it can sometimes be under heated inside so wear something warm for a winter visit on an evening when the restaurant may not be too busy.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank OrionSouthEngland
“Best night of my life”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

I never even noticed this cosy little restaurant in Andover. I live near Andover, I work in Andover and my partner lives in Andover so on my birthday night I was surprised to be taken there by my partner. We had a walm welcoming and was shown to our table next to a cosy fire place. The table was candle lit with a beautiful rise in the centre of it. It was walm and a friendly atmosphere it was truly beautiful. There was gently music playing softly in the back ground. To my surprise my partner actually proposed to me that night and order all my favourite Chinese food from the menu. It all tasted absolutely amazing and the rose wine was carefully select with the help of the friendly staff. My proposal was in a fortune cookie which was all prepare and sealed so I would never have guessed. Everything was perfect that night and I couldn't have asked for anything better.

1 Thank Lucyhoward