“Christmas...sorry for the delay but I just had to say that.....” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Monty's Bistro

Monty's Bistro
Ranked #10 of 58 Restaurants in Alton
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Farnham, United Kingdom
“Christmas...sorry for the delay but I just had to say that.....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

we had a fantastic meal at Montys!

After 25 years of dragging my staff to grim school dinners Christmas dinners we dedcided to try a proper restaurant and chose Montys. What a revalation! Beautifully cooked veg, tender turkey and puddings to die for. I'm amazed that they did it for the money, at just over £20/head it was exceptional.

Only one thing let's this place down and that is Tom is nowhere to be seen! Rule No: 1, People by People first. Tom, you're needed front of house, this is yours and you've got to front it...if only to receive the accolades in person! Make more of your kitchen staff, bring them out to talk to punters at the end of the evening.

All in all, a truly great experience which is hard to fault.

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Vicki1428

Woking, United Kingdom
“Great Food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

I live in Alton and have been to Monty's 3 times now the first 2 with my partner for a romantic meal and the latest being yesterday for a sunday lunch with a girlfriend. Every time I have been here I have not been disappointed. The staff are very friendly and helpful without being intrusive and the food has always lived up to my expectations. I personally love the tempura veg starter and am surprsed that so many others on here do not like it...maybe it is an aquired taste! main meals are always cooked to perfection and yesterdays roast was no exception, I had turkey which was succulent not dry and my friend had the roast beef which looked amazing. The selection of seasonal veg is always very good and not over cooked ( a pet hate of mine! ) All that said Monty's comes into its own with the dessert menu, the eton mess is an extravagant tower that draws gasps of delight everytime one is served...you really have to try it! I have also tried the chocolate and nut brownie which is delicious and yesterday I tried the creme brulee which again was gorgeous.

Personally I love Monty's the attention to detail that has gone into making this place special is evident and I am pleased that this place is walking distance from my home. I will be sure to return again.

• Visited March 2013
Hampshire
“Mother's Day lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

This was our first visit to Monty's.. We were drawn there by the £15 Sunday lunch menu, a choice of two roasts with either any starter or desert. The staff were young but friendly, attentive and mature for their age. The wine was delicious and reasonable at £16 for a bottle of Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc. The only downside was the price of the bottled ales, so my poor husband had to drink wine! ;) The restaurant was full, nice ambience and the food was faultless. We all had a different starter, all quite simple but very good and there was lots of choice. The beef was rare (but they said it could be well done if preferred) and there was a good selection of perfectly cooked veg. All in all, great value for the set meal. We'll certainly return for the lunch deal or the Sunday roast again..

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Sausagedoggie
hampshire
“Food nice, but really expensive for what it is”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

There are much better places to eat (in the surrounding villages) for equal money. I have had several visits to Monty's, the decor is lovely, atmosphere great, staff has been hit & miss on the occasions (good the last time but terrible the time before), the food is nice, but it feels very overpriced.

Visited February 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Nice surprise on our doorstep”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

First time here and a faultless meal.,,. Not bad for a party that is hard to please !!! We will be back.