“Great Food and service”

Cuisines: European, British
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I live in Alton and have been to Monty's 3 times now the first 2 with my partner for a romantic meal and the latest being yesterday for a sunday lunch with a girlfriend. Every time I have been here I have not been disappointed. The staff are very friendly and helpful without being intrusive and the food has always lived up to my expectations. I personally love the tempura veg starter and am surprsed that so many others on here do not like it...maybe it is an aquired taste! main meals are always cooked to perfection and yesterdays roast was no exception, I had turkey which was succulent not dry and my friend had the roast beef which looked amazing. The selection of seasonal veg is always very good and not over cooked ( a pet hate of mine! ) All that said Monty's comes into its own with the dessert menu, the eton mess is an extravagant tower that draws gasps of delight everytime one is served...you really have to try it! I have also tried the chocolate and nut brownie which is delicious and yesterday I tried the creme brulee which again was gorgeous.

Personally I love Monty's the attention to detail that has gone into making this place special is evident and I am pleased that this place is walking distance from my home. I will be sure to return again.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

This was our first visit to Monty's.. We were drawn there by the £15 Sunday lunch menu, a choice of two roasts with either any starter or desert. The staff were young but friendly, attentive and mature for their age. The wine was delicious and reasonable at £16 for a bottle of Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc. The only downside was the price of the bottled ales, so my poor husband had to drink wine! ;) The restaurant was full, nice ambience and the food was faultless. We all had a different starter, all quite simple but very good and there was lots of choice. The beef was rare (but they said it could be well done if preferred) and there was a good selection of perfectly cooked veg. All in all, great value for the set meal. We'll certainly return for the lunch deal or the Sunday roast again..

1  Thank Sausagedoggie
Reviewed March 4, 2013

There are much better places to eat (in the surrounding villages) for equal money. I have had several visits to Monty's, the decor is lovely, atmosphere great, staff has been hit & miss on the occasions (good the last time but terrible the time before), the food is nice, but it feels very overpriced.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

First time here and a faultless meal.,,. Not bad for a party that is hard to please !!! We will be back.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

We have been coming to Monty's since it opened,sometimes for lunch (Ladies wot lunch and the excellent Sunday lunches) and mainly for dinner. We ate there last night and the restaurant was packed which was great to see as it deserves to be full every night.
The food was all delicious and whatever we order we always have a bowl of the very excellent chips,which are hot and thin,like proper French frites. (secretly they are my favourite thing)
Friendly and efficient staff too. I really hope it continues to flourish.

1  Thank tusko963