“Great Nepalese Food”

Ranked #1 of 87 Restaurants in Aldershot
Cuisines: Nepali
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Here at nameste Johney Gurkhas we try to provide you with excellent service as much as we can and fulfil your satisfaction with plenty of choices for all kinds of people. We like engage with our customers and get to know them more so we can always provide them with the service they want and need from us. So whenever you like , please do visit this family friendly restaurant suitable for bookings , birthday partys , just a eat out or a romantic and currylicious dinner for 2 and please let us know more about how you felt dining in our restaurant and share your experience with us.
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Looks a bit dingy from the outside, but the restaurant is downstairs. Food is excellent. Momo starter are very tasty pork parcels.

1  Thank Stuart W

Reviewed December 22, 2013

Good for couples or parties, this is a long standing tradition in aldershot. Momo very good as is the garlic pork bhutuwa which makes a change from other dishes. My wife swears by the liver ok maso too.

1  Thank Steve C
Reviewed November 2, 2013

The staff here are great, I didnt know much about Nepalese curries but I ate there five nights in a row and worked myself through the menu with their assistance and experienced some fantastic new flavours and tastes. The restuarant is in a cellar and looks like it it has been time-transported from the 1960s....dont be put off, the food is great ! My favourite dish was the trout curry but there was something new and tasty every night. It fills up most nights after 9 which is a tribute to the food served.Cheap as chips too, I will certainly eat there again if I am in the area.

1  Thank Ian J
Reviewed November 2, 2013

After seeing all the good reviews on trip advisor I looked forward to give this place a try. I ordered a take away of 2 indian dishes and 1 Nepalese dish. It took 1 1/2 hours to arrive but was willing to forgive if the food was good. It wasn't. All dishes were incredibly salty and they lacked flavour. Doesn't quite taste like an indian curry take away. Will not be ordering from here again.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

Given the number of Nepalese living in and around Aldershot one would expect to find Nepalese cuisine of the highest order - and this is certainly true of Gurka Raj Doot.
Myself and my partner are regulars and have eaten many of the dishes on the menu and each and every one has been quite superb - apart from the liver starter, which is simply sublime and one of most brilliantly spiced dishes you will eat anywhere.
Service is sometimes a tad slow - but the staff are great and the decor is a bit 1970s but don't let either put you off because the food is as good as it gets and is brilliant value - more so on 'banquet nights'

1  Thank Ian M