“Great food and great atmosphere”

Johney Gurkha Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 87 Restaurants in Aldershot
Cuisines: Nepali
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Here at nameste Johney Gurkhas we try to provide you with excellent service as much as we can and fulfil your satisfaction with plenty of choices for all kinds of people. We like engage with our customers and get to know them more so we can always provide them with the service they want and need from us. So whenever you like , please do visit this family friendly restaurant suitable for bookings , birthday partys , just a eat out or a romantic and currylicious dinner for 2 and please let us know more about how you felt dining in our restaurant and share your experience with us.
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Service good and the food was lovely. We felt like we were back in Nepal in a local eating place so we like to come there to remind us of what a wonderful holiday we had. Worth trying.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

Please do not be put off with the entry and the walk downstairs (not suitable for disabled or people who struggle with stairs), This Restaurant has big history in Aldershot with the Gurkha food which was started by a man called "johnnie", who used to make Nepalese food for the army, the army and reputation of the food coaxed Johnnie to open a restaurant. This place is very well known. The decor is quite original to the 60's style from when the restaurant started, So dont expect it to be a plush 5* restaurant but hey..the food is out of this world. You have a wide range of foods, and english dishes are available. On Wednesdays and Thursdays you can select a starter, main, vegetable for under a tenner, and you are full to bursting. The range of food is good, the food again I will say is very good and authentic, the staff are very polite and bend over backwards to make you feel special and welcome. You have to book as the place is so popular. If you are visiting Aldershot, a meal for two or celebrations with friends, dont be put off by Aldershot.... this is a hidden gem. No I do not work there, I have been so many times I just wanted to share the truth of this restaurant with you, now that I am a tripadvisor avid reader and writer. Its good to share what you think with others. :-)

1  Thank val T
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I have no hesitation to say that this is the best restaurant in aldershot if not in Hampshire as well. The food is fantastic the ambiance is exceptional the staff cant do enough for you and everything about the experience is wonderful. I can highly recommend this place to you. you've got to visit once in your life this place is the original nepalese restaurant in the uk go visit today.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

Great when you are hungry,but not really for taking people out to.
It was very cheap and cheerful,my mate lives in Aldershot took me there.I wasnt paying..lol

Reviewed August 30, 2012

Do NOT be put off by the rather drab looking outside and the basement location ! The staff are friendly, the food was fantastic, try some of the Nepalese dishes, and the prices were great. Banquet night on Wednesday and Thursday, £9.95 for starter, main, veg dish and rice or Naan bread and you will be stuffed ! Large bottle of beer (600Ml) only £3.95. Was full by 8 pm on a Thursday so arrive early or book. Really glad we took a chance on a local place, go try it !