“Tired but adequate - for a short stay!”

Potters International Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Aldershot
Wirral, United Kingdom
“Tired but adequate - for a short stay!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

Stayed here for one night in february 2014 while on business. Was initially wary in light of other reviews but decided to stay here as a couple of colleagues had already booked this hotel. I think the average of most of the other reviews pretty well sum it up, i.e. it is quite a large place which has clearly seen better days and now looks quite tired and worn in places, e.g. worn carpets, old, cracked acrylic / plastic sink in the bathroom, a fixed haead shower that was rather unpredicatable - and impossible to turn on without enduring a cold shower first. Service and food were OK; nothing special but acceptable enough. Location was good for where I was working, so I may stay here again for short periods, but would probably look elsewhere for a longer stay.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014

I've stayed at potters international on business several times over the years, but I'm afraid this will be the last. It has been going downhill for many years, with a lack of investment. I can say my room was clean and the staff were friendly enough, breakfast was adequate. Those that had dinner the night before tell me it was poor.

The lack of investment is shown in the general wear, to an unacceptable level. Thread bare carpets on the stairs, and general lack of maintenance. Check out my pictures for more information.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Aldershot hotels

Leicester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

I booked a room believing this was a dog friendly hotel.
Driving down from Leicester I received a call telling me that they weren't a dog friendly hotel.
There was no mention of the dog policy on there website and I had stated I had a dog on the booking.
Why then after they cancelled the room do they still charge me?
Would never deal with this company again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Martin T
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

We stayed sat 8th for one night, can't say anything bad about the hotel, staff was very polite and helpful, the hotel was lovely and quiet, the room was lovely and clean. We would defently go back again. Lovely hotel x

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Oxford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

We stayed at potters as part of a family group in January 2014

After reading reviews here we had a good idea of what to expect, however as the location of the event and deciding that it couldnt be that bad we decided to book.

James on reception was very welcoming and throughout the whole weekend had a smiley and happy attitude - unfortunately not all of the staff shared this warm personality.

The corridors do seem to have an old dusty kind of smell which really does make it feel as though its old!

The room was clean, very very hot. We seemed to be staying just about the breakfast room and possibly a kitchen and although the radiators were off the whole time it was unbelievably hot in the room (coming from a house where the heating is normally on 23 as well)

we spent the night with the window open and it was very quiet. The beds are nothing special and seemed to get harder the further away from the TV you are!
The bathroom also had a botched ceiling where there had probably been a leak before which doesnt look great with the prices they are charging!

Breakfast was disappointing - it was from 8 til 10 so we went at 9. There was nothing left and people queuing for fried eggs, and then they only served the queue and didnt bring more out after. Almost everything else had ran out and anyone after us would have had nothing at all, the staff didnt seem that bothered about it either!

overall disappointing but its the people and not the rooms that will make the stay here.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Sheffield, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

Do yourself a favour and leave well alone. The rooms are terribly decorated, outdated and filthy. I have stayed at potters for many years and spent many thousands of pounds here and have gradually seen the decline. I have finally been tipped over the edge by the room given to me on Tuesday the 28th january. It was supposed to be a double. It was a single room with a double bed squeezed in. The carpet was stained, the sheets smelled terrible and the bathroom wasnt usable. I forced the cancellation of the second night based on their terms as they had not supplied me with a suitable room and I threatened to just simply cancel all credit card payments. I couldnt claim the first night back but I didnt care and stayed in the car. If this hotel was say £25 to £30 per night inc breakfast then I would say yes, book it. But at £70-85, then go somewhere else. It will ruin your hotel stay.

One word - Disgusting.

Room Tip: Book another hotel.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Lakesidesales, Director of Sales at Potters International Hotel, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Dear Guest,
Firstly please accept our apologies if you feel we fell short of your expectations. As you have mentioned you have stayed with us for several years, so I find it difficult to see that you have not seen the enhancements we have been adding such as a new Free Wireless System, LCD TV, New Menus without a price increase.

As a budget hotel we have a fine balance of rate against product, which judging by occupancy we have managed satisfy the majority of guests. Whilst I accept we are unable to please everyone, the one comment we get time and time again is that we may be an older property which is reflected in our rates, but the hotel is always very clean.

I understand from our reception team that the reason you were allocated this room on this occasion was it was the last double room available in the hotel. I also understand that as you a known long staying guest you are normally upgraded complimentary to one of our king rooms.

I do have to say I feel your comments harsh and unjust.
Exeter, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013

On arrival i was greeted by a young girl very friendly and welcoming.
Went up to room, all seemed ok. Ordered food, Chap behind the bar kinda shouted that the chef wasnt in yet which wasnt a problem to me at all, all i wanted to no was what time food was being served from and wish i hadnt bothered. When i did get the food. it wasnt worth the value paid lets say that, there was more fat than gamon on my plate. Then the car dmachine didnt work, we had to go to reception to sort this out and she reminded the bar man that it hasnt worked for ages. Strange set up.. I go back to my room - and tv doesnt work - no channels stored, couldnt get hold of reception and to be honest there is nothing they could do - i checked the wires behind the tv and everything was plugged in fine. just no channels stored in the memory - I did even try to find channels and nothing was found. so a very quiet evening for me.

I did read the reviews before booking here but gave it the benefit of the doubt as everyone has there own opinions - go with the majority here, everything is farely dated but nothign seems to work.

forgot to mention the dripping shower head - firmly turned off, havent even had a shower and still dripping, going to be a long night with no tv and drippy showerhead.

Room Tip: Dont choose a room on 1st floor if given choice
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank L3MAR
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aldershot
Premier Inn Aldershot Hotel
Premier Inn Farnborough West (Southwood) Hotel
Falcon Hotel
Falcon Hotel
#7 of 8 in Farnborough

Been to Potters International Hotel? Share your experiences!