“Clean but tired”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Aldershot
Notts
“Clean but tired”
Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

The staff were warm, friendly and polite. Rooms very clean but they had not been upgraded to include a larger TV etc, which was disappointing. This said, there were two Premier Inn hotels on this site, and the one I didn't stay in relatively new in comparison. The restaurant attached was a Brewers Fayre, so i don't recommend the meal deal (you have to make your selections from a set menu and all at the same time. furthermore not one salad is offered and there is very limited choice to contribute to your five a day). The restaurant has a buffet most evenings (curry night on a Thursday) for £6.99. My three courses and one drink meal deal actually worked out to £14.00, so it actually didn't work out to be much of a deal at all and i would have been happier with the buffet. Food took around 45 minutes to come out of the kitchen. Tesco superstore on site for those forgotten essentials. May be better if the company offered food to a certain value (as printed), so the customer can order as they choose and settle any remaining balance.

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Glos,
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Stayed in the new extension to the hotel - very clean and modern. Everything as you would expect in a Premier Inn and the room was quiet despite the potentially noisy and busy location. My only gripe with the new-style rooms is there is no shaver plug in bathroom or room; a surprising lack of attention to detail. Breakfast was the usual help yourself affair in the Brewers Fayre next door. Dinner was adequate but the standard of service was ordinary to say the least.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank GlostilIdie
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We had a great experience here. Firstly, it was easy to find - situated just off a main road (although you can't hear the traffic when inside), right next to a Tesco and within walking distance of the new 'Westgate Centre' - which has a cinema, Morrisons, and good choice of restaurants.

There is plenty of car parking.

The staff are super-friendly and efficient. We were there for a swimming competition, and the lady at the desk refilled my childrens water bottles with fresh water.

The room was a million times nicer than a travelodge. We had a family room, and it had a double bed, and 2 single beds - no sofa beds or fold-up beds here! The room was quiet, and very clean. There was tea and coffee, and a tv. We stayed in the original building - I gather there are newer rooms, but our room was just fine.

There is an adjoining restaurant - we ate breakfast here. The breakfast deal is very good if you have a family (not such good value if you are on your own). I believe it is around £8 for an adult, and the children (up to age 16) eat free. We found the breakfast food to be of very good quality (it probably helped that we were some of the first to eat, and the food hadn't been sitting around). There was a good variety of hot food (with eggs cooked to order) including vegetarian sausages. There was also cereal, toast, muffins etc. The icing on the cake was a 'bean to cup' Costa coffee machine (coffee included in the price).

We would definitely come back. One tip - you can get some good rates online - but beware, the rates are best if you book earlier rather than later. I was going to pay £39 for the room, but forgot to book, and when I went to book it had gone up to £59! Still good value I feel, but we could have got it cheaper.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank peppermintcat
Sandwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights as we were catching up with old friends on both days over the weekend. It was a good spot for both visits. Staff were friendly and polite. We only had one big towel between us and that was rectified when mentioned. It was the first time we had stayed in a double room and not a family room. There was no sofa bed which we missed and only one tub chair and one upright. i would rather see 2 tub chairs and no upright. I tend to stand at the mirror when getting ready and one of us either had to sit on the bed or put up with uncomfortable upright chair.
It was lovely and quiet and we like the fact we could come in lateish (10.45pm) with no problem. We would definitely stay here again when visiting these friends.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Northumberland, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 12, 2013

No surprises here. The hotel follows the tried and tested Premier Inn formula, with the usual Brewer's Fare pub/restaurant next door.

Emma on the front desk was helpful and friendly, as were other staff we met in the hotel itself. Unfortunately, the same couldn't be said of the bar staff next door, who were standoffish at best. Oh well, as long as they can pour a pint and serve decent food, there's not much to complain about. Well, we did get a decent pin I suppose. Food was a bit underwhelming. And surely it's not rocket science to be able to cook frozen chips all the way through? Maybe it is, I dunno.

I didn't like that folk use the area between the hotel and restaurant as a smoking area. In fact I'd go so far as to say it was very annoying.

Breakfast was fine though. And I love the help yourself coffee machine, which freshly grinds your beans before serving a tasty brew. I need one of those at home.

Sleep quality is the most important thing for me, so no complaints there. Room was clean if a bit faded, but not overly so. The only slight niggle was the strong smell of whatever they use to clean the bathrooms. But at least it meant the cleaning crew take their job seriously.

Paid a bit more than we usually do for Premier Inn, so I was a little disappointed about that. But overall, pleased enough with our stay.

Room Tip: You can use the fire exit to go from the hotel to the restaurant. If you're a non smoker, hold y...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Birmingham
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Spacious and clean with excellent parking ! A very central location when conducting business in the Town Centre. Staff were hospitable, welcoming and helpful, especially when my TV wouldnt work ! There is a Tesco Supermarket nearby where you can get newspapers and extra snax ! There is a Brewers Fayre Restaurant next door...I found the Hotel to be somewhat expensive for the room on its own! I would have expected them to include breakfast in the overnight rate ! In future if I stay in Aldershot I will find a B&B which does an "all in one fee" !!!

Room Tip: Try to get a room where you can see your car parked up ?
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Manchester
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I had a very pleasant stay at Premier Aldershot. The staff were great, the room was a good size and well heated. The bed was very comfortable and that as well as the quiet location gave me a really good night's rest. The breakfast was excellent, the best hotel food I've had for a while. All in all well worth the price I paid.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aldershot
Travelodge Aldershot Hotel
Aviator Hotel
#1 of 7 in Farnborough
Premier Inn Farnborough West (Southwood) Hotel
Best Western Frensham Pond Hotel

Been to Premier Inn Aldershot Hotel? Share your experiences!