“One of the better ones!”

and 1 more site!
Travelodge Aldershot Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Aldershot
Derby, United Kingdom
“One of the better ones!”
Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights using it as a base to get to Goodwood Festival of Speed as we were unable to get anything remotely close to Goodwood.
This Travelodge has been refurbished and the rooms are very clean and modern. A small restaurant and bar area was available adjacent to the Reception but we didn't use it as we had very early starts on both mornings. Breakfast cost £7.65 so quite reasonable for buffet style.
The only negative comment I have is that the rooms were quite warm. We opened the window bit as our room overlooked the Cineworld and a variety of restaurants the noise from their air conditioning units/vents was quite noisy all through the night. This however wouldn't put me off staying here again.

• Stayed June 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

I had to stay in Aldershot on business for one night (Monday). I prefer modern chain hotels for these types of stays as you generally know what your getting.

The Travel Lodge was perfectly located in the town centre and also came out cheapest of all decent looking chain budget hotels at £67 (check out the Premiere Inn).

Nearby cinema and restaurants complex (plenty of choice - Nandos, Frankie and Bennies, Prezzo, Harvester, an Asian fusion buffet (not bad) & a Toby Carvery etc) if you want some distractions and Tesco and Morrisons (next door) are walking distance.

Also very nearby was the theatre and police station/magistrates court.

The hotel offers parking at Morrisons car park between 2pm to 12th the next day but there is pay and display parking outside the hotel at £3.60 the whole day.

The room (double) was very basic and small including the bathroom but it was clean and the hotel still looks new. There was no aircon and heating is an electric wall heater.

Breakfast is an all you can eat buffet - Continental and English. I think I paid £7 for this. It's overpriced for what it was but edible and convenient.

There's no phone in the room so every time you need something (hair dryer or iron) you must go to reception. That said staff were friendly and keen to help.

If you need a clean cheap functional place to lay your head in the centre of Aldershot you can't go wrong. If you want a more this isn't for you.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank F D
Yorkshire
Reviewed June 27, 2014

I have stayed here before and wasn't disappointed this time. Again the rooms were comfy and clean. The staff were very helpful and because there is no air conditioning offered me a fan if I needed it. The location is perfect with a wide ranging choice of places to eat within less than 5 minutes of leaving your room. In fact right behind the hotel. The only minor downside is the fact that the pressure for the shower is not great but it does the job. Will stay there again when in the area that is for sure.

Room Tip: Having stayed before I would say a room towards the rear of the hotel. Not as noisy as you might thi...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Aldershot, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 25, 2014

I am a frequent user of Aldershot Travelodge and have previously been very happy with my stay and the staff however recently there has been many mistakes. The first is the frequent calls from staff asking if they can move you to other hotels due to "Overbooking". This has now happened to me twice in as many weeks even thought I pre-book my stay months before!. The second worrying point is the fact that on 3 occasions now I've been given a room that smells very strongly of smoke. A member of staff thankfully helped me move my luggage to another room however before so, he sprayed the room with fabrize to remove the smell. This was never going to remove the strong smell of smoke from inside the room. There has been a large turnover of staff recently and I can only think that this has an effect on the running of the hotel. Cleaners are forgetting to put towels in the rooms and are also entering rooms when Late Checkout has been booked because "They haven't been told". There are very genuine staff in there (Matt) who are being worked to the bone and being taken advantage of. If this carries on me and my colleagues will no longer be staying and are already looking into alternatives in the local area. The company must really help the genuine staff in this hotel before more customers are turned off.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

TravelodgeUK, Nicolas from Customer Services at Travelodge Aldershot Hotel, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Thank you for your review Gareth D. We are truly sorry to learn that you were unhappy with your room. Our cleaning staff are required to routinely check all our rooms and to notice any smells. We will air out any affected rooms and notify the Hotel Manager if necessary. We would also expect our staff members to be helpful and available at all times so it is regrettable to learn that you feel that you did not receive this high level of service from our staff. We are sorry for the experience you had with us and would like to investigate the concerns that you have raised. Please could you visit our website and select the Contact Us button to tell us more and when doing so please indicate you have left a TripAdvisor review.
uk
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Stayed in a family room over the weekend. Great hotel. Great location, next to city centre with lots of bars, kebab shops and few Asian restaurants. Its very Quite neat and clean. Next to it is Morrisons and on 5 min
walk there's tesco so really an ideal location. Staff very nice and co operative especially Susan. Will stay again.

• Stayed June 2014
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Comfy beds and reasonable sized room. The shower worked and the towels were soft and fluffy. Not surew what else you are looking for in a vlue hotel. We didn't eat breakfast but my father in law said it was basic. Also the glass of wine I drank at the bar was pretty rough, but what do you expect in a value hotel. It was nice there was somewhere we could could all sit together and watch the football before we went to bed.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Hayling Island, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 17, 2014

stayed 2 nights,, both nights noisy, but second night was terrible. i went to reception at 01.30 and again at 02.30 , a large number of people were ejected from the next room but returned later. still noisy at 04.00 am

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Also consider these accommodations in or near Aldershot
Holiday Inn Farnborough
#5 of 7 in Farnborough
Aviator Hotel
Aviator Hotel
#1 of 7 in Farnborough

Been to Travelodge Aldershot Hotel? Share your experiences!