“Pricing con”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Pricing con”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Nice cafe, decent food however on ordering the Egg Benedict fm the blackboard (£3.25) I was asked one egg or two; in replying 'two' and having the meal i was then charged £5.50. An extra £2.25 for one egg is hard to justify but worse is false description on the blackboard and no mention of price hike on ordering. Equally the line fm the staff 'i just work here' does no business any good. I suggest the managers take more interest in their business and punters watch their pennies...

• Visited January 2013
3 Thank ChCh888

Aldershot, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lovely little cafe!”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Actually called Coffee Mi?
I'm so glad I discovered this place. Despite living in Aldershot for about 7 years, I very rarely feel the desire/need to go into the town centre as there's really not much going for it in my opinion (besides live entertainment at the West End Centre). If I want a nice shopping experience I'd rather drive to Guildford. However, thanks to Cafe Mi I've found myself popping into Aldershot a few times for brunch at the weekend or lunch during the week. If this cafe was in London, Bristol, Edinburgh etc. it would probably get 4 stars as I suppose it's not exceptional, BUT it's the best coffee/lunch spot in Aldershot (unless you fancy a proper old-fashioned fry-up in which case you're spoiled for choice). The menu is simple and classic (egg benedict is delicious), food has always been tasty and well presented, coffee is good, service friendly and the decoration simple but classy and comfortable with original artwork on the walls. Dare I say, it feels a little bit out of place on Victoria Road!? I hope this is a sign of things to come for Aldershot town centre. Pay a visit and support this delightful cafe!

• Visited November 2012