“Best Chef & Brewer I have visited”
Review of The Swan

The Swan
Ranked #18 of 89 Restaurants in Aldershot
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A Chef and Brewer Gastro Pub.
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Amazing service. We visited on 16th Dec, and had pre-booked as we were in a large group. The restaurant was completely packed but the level of service and the quality of the food were fantastic. This was my first visit to The Swan, which had been recommended to me by a friend. I will definitely be visiting again.

1  Thank Bobbysykes5

Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

Been eating & drinking at The Swan for many years, we have always received excellent service & great food, this venue seems to have a larger menu than the other c&b pubs.

Generally a great pub chain, way better than the town centre wetherspoons/goose etc

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I have visited The swan many times and the food is excellent, very tasty and beautifully presented. There is a variety of choices on the menus to suit all tastes. There are special offers and seasonal foods too. The staff are very pleasant and nothing is too much trouble. Looking forward to my next visiy

Reviewed December 10, 2012

Ok, now I get it. There is a pattern with the Swan and I should have realised sooner... But hey I am nearly 50.

So. I have written two reports this year. One full of praise, my most recent not so impressed and this my third...... Well I am delighted to say third time was lucky and a very good experience.

It all comes down to whether the pub is busy or not. Not rocket science I know, but true if my last two visits are anything to go by. This time I could get a table, the service was excellent from bar to waiter, and the food - shared platta, burger and scampi all cooked to perfection. Presentation also spot on.

I passed on my thanks to Lance the Manager before I left.

It is a shame that because this place is so popular the service and indeed food quality can suffer. But I will come again and trust that the winning streak continues, because you know what? It is still a fav' local haunt. Keep it up guys.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

Really loved this pub, great for an impromptu Sunday dinner however, it seems to have succumbed to the profit margin police.

When we go out for a roast, we usually alternate between the forresters in church crookham and here, as they were both on a par, but now they have changed the portion sizes, we'll not be frequenting again.

You used to get a good amount of meat, 2 Yorkshire puddings, mashed potatos and veg but now, just the one Yorkshire and no mash. I still feel hungry.

Worth noting that the prices have not been cut though.

Still a wait to get a table but I assume this will decline once people have been conned.

Chef & brewer, why do you feel the need to take a good quality pub and milk your customers. We're not stupid, we can see what you're doing.

Oh well, we'll just use the forresters until they do something to spoil it.

4  Thank Compstella