Burr Oak Lodge and Conference Center
Fairfield Inn
$119
$103
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $121/night.

$107
$76
$119
Hometown Inn(Athens)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 05/31
$60
All reviewsstate parkfamily suitetennis courtsindoor poollake viewgame areaputt putt coursecould hear every wordthanksgiving buffetgreat weekendplaying gamesfrench doorsscreened in porchtop bunknice visitcomfortable accommodationslots of hiking trails
Reviewed August 30, 2011

My husband and I and my teenage son and my best friend and her teenage son spent 1 night in a deluxe 2 bedroom cabin. The cabin was clean and very roomy. There was plenty was towels. The a/c worked great. We spent some time at the lodge in the pool area and it was nice and clean. The restroom/changing area by the pool is really in need of some updating. The paint was peeling off the walls and only on stall had a working lock. We made a fire in our firepit and enjoyed some time with our friends who came by to visit. We would rent a cabin again. The boys were disappointed that they couldn't fish anywhere near the cabin. My only thing I disliked was the 10 a.m. checkout time. I feel this is too early!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jo-travel-alot
Reviewed August 25, 2011

This is an older lodge and it shows. The bathrooms have an overhead heater which I loved! The decor is dated and the beds were not very comfortable but we loved the lobby which has a nice ping pong table and a game area in the loft. My family really enjoyed playing the games there. The lodge provided board and card games as well as jigsaw puzzles (pieces were scattered so the puzzles might be intact) and legos for everyone. I would pass on the restaurant. We rented a boat from the marina and enjoyed a lovely boat ride on the lake.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank puzzlesforlife
Reviewed July 15, 2011

We recently stayed for two nights at the lodge. We had a room with a lake view and the first room we checked into was very clean. The air conditioner was not cooling well, so we asked for another room. The staff was very accommodating and let us check two additional rooms for cooling comfort and we changed rooms. While the A/C unit did cool better, it never worked to peak efficiency. Our room was small (1 double bed, one twin bed) but clean. The pool area was very nice and we enjoyed it! The lodge has a restaurant and we had both breakfast and dinner. The meals and service was very good and their prices were reasonable. As I mentioned, the guest rooms were clean. Some of the other areas could have been better. For two days in the hall way near our room a small pile of leaves and sticks were not cleaned up. The walkways around the lodge also could have been swept off. In the main area of the lodge, the ceiling light fixtures needed to have spider webs cleaned from them. I don't want to sound like a neat freak and portray the lodge in a totally negative light. Overall, we had a very nice stay here and plan to return in the fall.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank WV_Traveler25550
Reviewed June 21, 2011

Regretfully, we had a bad experience recently at Burr Oak State Park. Even though the Lodge itself was clean and tidy, the grounds were not up to our expectactions for a State Park. The hiking trails were not well-maintained (Large trees down, foot-paths deteriorating, poison ivy everywhere, and the tennis courts were covered with leaves and debris). Also, the lodge lost power after a brief rainstorm and we had no electricity....no lights, air conditioning, etc.) The staff was not helpful and did not seem to have a plan to restore power or notify guests of the details. We left within three hours of arrival and will not return.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank careams1
Reviewed May 4, 2011

My daughter who is a current Ohio University student and I stayed overnight for mom's weekend. While this state park lodge (and cabins) are off the beaten path and accessed by picturesque country roads, it is worth the drive from campus. Very well run lodge, restaurant, bar, gift shop, front desk, etc. Clean, efficient, staff is very friendly and accommodating. The Saturday ight we checked in they offered live entertainment (two acoustic guitar players, excellent players, some original, some covers). A smattering of older couples, young families with little children were watching (and dancing to) the music and enjoying the main lodge room area (also second floor gameroom/balcony area). We observed the indoor pool area around 10 pm and it was quite an active place with a dozen or so middle school aged children. Also, pool and pool deck was very clean and well stocked with clean towels (although we skipped the pool, with so many children present). Earlier in the evening we opted for pizza delivery and were quite satisfied with our Little Italy pizza (although if you order pizza delivery, remember to ask for napkins and paper plates, we forgot to and I had hoped they'd include them since they knew we were in the lodge but they didn't. The bar hostess was kind enough to give me extra napkins). We booked our room which included breakfast for two in the morning and were very pleased with our meals. Delicious food, served promptly by a very friendly waitress. The view from the dining room is stunning. Finally, since I arise earlier than my college aged daughter (shocking I know), I ordered to-go coffee from the restaurant but they gave it to me for free. I of course generously tipped the hostess. I thought that was a very nice touch and quite unexpected.

We would definitely stay here again. Very nice lodge, rooms are extremely clean and bathroom was stocked with plenty of clean towels and also spotless. So spotless I enjoyed a late night soak in the tub (I don't always want to take a bath unless the hotel bathroom is very clean and this one was).

Thanks Burr Oak for a very nice stay.

Room Tip: Ask for second floor room facing the lake.
  • Stayed: April 2011
2  Thank OhioMom2Cincinnati
Xanterra, Guest Relations Manager at Burr Oak Lodge and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2011

Thank you for sharing your review of your mother-daughter stay at Burr Oak Lodge. It sounds like you had a lovely time and were treated well by our staff. Very nice that you recognized their efforts in your review - we so appreciate that!

-Dianne R.