“Great service, decent food, gorgeous view!”

Cardinal Dining Room & Bar
Ranked #2 of 6 Restaurants in Glouster
Cuisines: American
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
“Great service, decent food, gorgeous view!”
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

We are staying in the cottages here at Burr Oak, and by the time we arrived last night, we were too tired of driving to go out and buy groceries. So we tried the restaurant in the lodge and were pleased overall.

The decor is pleasant but pretty basic. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful.

My husband tried the brisket, their specialty, and LOVED it. I had the pulled pork entree and thought it was alright, but nothing special. The sides were good - a mixed vegetable and a baked potato. Servings were a good size, but not huge. We had no leftovers. My 14 year old son ordered the burger and when they brought it, I could tell it was not the 1/2 pounder from the adult menu. Since they only charged us 99cents, and the adult burger would have been too big for him, I did not worry about it. My daughter got the turkey sandwich from the kids menu with really nicely prepared cooked carrots and was very happy. They gave her a lot of turkey. Even though the menu is pretty limited and nothing super fancy, the presentation is well above average, which was nice.

Best of all was the fabulous view from our table over the lake.

• Visited July 2013

Cincinnati, Ohio
“New Management, Staff working hard to make this a Great State Park Restaurant”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We were generally favorably impressed with the food and service at the Cardinal Dining Room. Debi at the Bar was wonderful and enthusiastic.The food was always hot , large portions and in generall well prepared.
One issue now is getting the menu together- the group running this has only been serving food a little over a month sine around June 1- 2013. Problems include: an issue with "artichokes"no artichoke appetizers, no artichokes on the Spinach and Artichoke pasta UNLESS you ask- THAT sort of thing. Also one evening they ran out of Beef Brisket- which is in 3 menu items. Another issue is the lack of real variety on the menu. For example IF you want plain grilled chicken you have to order a sandwich- no plain grilled chicken entree. The menu is very limited. Heavy on BBQ'd pulled pork and brisket. We were there for 3 nights and literally exhausted the menu choices, I have no idea what people do who are there a whole week ? I think that everything will improve with time but it is a great alternative to camp food and microwaved food for sure. Also note: Burr Oak is in the middle of no where with no restaurants within a 30 min dr.There is a children's menu.

• Visited July 2013