“Happy caring place”
Review of Hazeldean Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Salford
Hazeldean Hotel
Ranked #20 of 20 Hotels in Salford
Reviewed June 4, 2013

i love this hotel, it is not the greastest but its not 'trying' or 'pretending' to be the bloody Hilton!!, it is what it is. The place is hard to get a room, I didnt know old owners but the new one Mo is a very pleasant and happy man, I get on with them fantastically, its like one big family. Yes some guest do come across a little odd but what people who have ignorantly visited and critisised the place forget this man is a saint, he doesnt have to give his aid to anyone, he is helping these people, He should be applauded not slated, I would be embarrased to show myself up saying bad about the place, i take my hat off to him, hes just a normal guy doing good and hasn't turned his back on the people in need in this country, The hazeldean has been clean tidy and smelling fresh when iv stayed and always clean towels
thanks

Rebecca

Room Tip: go for the family rooms their massive with on-suite
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank becky27927

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Worst hotel I have ever stayed in in my life! Complete doss house! Arrived homeless looking person sitting on stairs with crutches have a cig! Place smelt of hash! Moved room 3 times and still not happy! Holes in doors, bed clothes smelt of smoke, no hot water! We arrived late at nyt so thought we would stay 1 night! Didn't sleep at all was too scared! The place takes in drug users, a man approached us and asked of we could get any gear! I read some reviews before we went but thought it couldn't be that bad!! But it is! No heating or hot water! Locks on door not very secure! As soon as it became light we put our clothes straight on and got a taxi to the premier inn! I am usually happy with basic and clean but this place is nowhere near clean!! Ladies and gents also share same toilets! Nothing but a complete doss house! Only the homeless would appreciate this pit!!

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank Fleming1690
Reviewed February 24, 2013

i have never stayed in a place like it. £45 a night for nothing more than a doss house for all manner of undesirable characters. the room was i admit clean and warm but needed some maintaining. the tv remote was broken and the tea and coffee in the room was served in polystrene cups. the guests were well odd. was told when arrived the hotel was full but only saw what looked like drug addicts. the lock on the bedroom door was unsafe and during the night all you heard was shouting and banging of doors like someone was kicking them in. breakfast was cereal and tea/coffee and very unappetising scrambled egg on toast. the duvet cover had a burn hole in it and the wardrobe looked like the back was falling off. it also had no hangers inside. there was also a strong smell of dope on the landing. a good night's sleep was impossible due to the constant noise on the landing outside. i would not recommend this "hotel" (in the loosest possible sense) to anyone. not even my worst enemy

Room Tip: there isn't one i don't think!!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank jayem76
Reviewed November 11, 2012

My husband & I stayed here in June 2012 when we were going to see the Stone Roses at Heaton Park. I was very surprised to find it still had rooms available when it was only 15 mins walk from the park - now I know why! The place is an absolute joke, our room was filthy with torn curtains & wallpaper ripped off the wall. Our bed was a king-size mattress placed on a double bed base! The kettle was in a drawer with 2 dirty teacups, the carpet was filthy & very smelly, no new soap in the bathroom, no plug for the bath & I had to clean the loo myself with baby wipes before we could use it! The lock on the door was bust so we didn't keep anything in our room - everything was locked in the car. The Asian guy on reception took the money upfront - he must have known he wouldn't have got a penny if we had seen the room beforehand! Every hotel in Manchester was fully booked that weekend so we had no choice but to stay. Thankfully we got quite drunk at the concert so it numbed the pain of having to go back to this hell hole to sleep. When we got back the place was like a doss house with people who looked as though they were homeless lying around drunk. Luckily we had 2 sleeping bags in the car so we used them to sleep in as we didn't want to touch any of the bedding. Around 6am in the morning someone tried to open the door to our room - this was the last straw & we got ready to leave. At the main door we met a poor guy who had paid the owner £30 to sleep on the floor of the lounge after the concert as he had nowhere to stay - he woke up to find he'd had £100 stolen from him as he slept. This place is an absolute joke & should not be allowed to trade as a hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tricia F
Reviewed February 19, 2012

Decided to stay with my wife whilst visiting family for my 50th birthday.
a On arrival very warm welcome by Mohammad the mangager but told original room (had booked a refurbished room) was not available and we had been upgraded free to a suite which was not ready as guests were still using it (at 3.30pm).
We left our bags at recepyion as we were going out early.
We arrived back at midnight ( the taxi driver laughed as he dropped us off saying the hotel was full of homeless and travellers and hoped we had left nothing valuable in our bags) and the night porter greeted us and was friendly and helpful.
The room was the biggest room we had ever stayed in and potentially could be fantastic but there was a horrible smell (like somebody had died recently in there). The sheets though were fresh and generally clean and the bathroom was clean except the toilet had not been thoroughly cleaned and there was used soap bars on the basin.
The large divan bed base had no valance and it was filthy -the curtains were filthy and the bedside lamp was thick with dust , there were cobwebs in the room and the carper was ransid. We would only walk on the floor in slippers or socks.
Although we booked breakfast only scrambled egg on toast was available but we just ordered toast with jam to play safe ( we were the only ones at breakfast , had to ask for plates and butter as the toast did not come with any) and left quickly after as my wife felt sick from the room smell.

So in summary disappointed with what we were told over the phone against what we got ( no refurbished room and no full breakfast) we wont stay again and its a shame what has happened to such a wonderful building but premier inn next time for us.

Room Tip: Do not stay here even though cheap sleep in the car or under a bush
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Glenn R
Reviewed November 27, 2011

I stayed at this hotel whilst attending a conference recently in Manchester. It is only a five minute drive to the city centre and about half the price of hotels there! The service was very good - nothing was too much trouble for the manager, very welcoming. I was put in a newly renovated room on the ground floor which has been done up to a very high standard. I am at a loss with some of the negative reviews on here, they don't match my experience in the slightest. I will be staying again when I am next on business in Manchester.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 22, 2011

ok so...

arrived at hotel - told the room we had booked was flooded and wen had been moved room.

we get to our room, its dirty and moudly. then my partner goes to bathroom, theres no water.

so we complain and get moved room, yes the room is bigger and but still dirty! but its ok.. theres water! oh but its old cold water and only in the sink! we couldnt even shower! we had to use the kettle to warm water to clean in the sink, and had to fill the kettle to fill the toilet!! is that even legal?!

heating... non existent!

there was a large dead spider on the carpet when we went in to the room - and as a 20year girl i am a whimp, so that put me off even more! felt dirty in the bed and barely slept. breakfast was good but slow - and there was only one other table to serve!

Only stayed here as everywhere else was booked up as it was a big football weekend. the next night we went to a nice b&b in salford and when explaining the hotel to this owner he said he couldnt believe we had stayed the night, last he knew of the hotel was that the owner was keeping loads of cats in it!

just avoid avoid avoid!!!

ps dont order from the near by take away. £10 seems cheap for a pizza, 2 kebabs and a bottle of cola...but cheap is not cheerful and you'll spend the next day in the toilet! oops!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple