“Excellant Value in a nice location”

Premier Inn Manchester Salford Quays Hotel
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Salford
Reviewed November 28, 2010

On arrival greeted by Sarah who was so friendly and checked us in very efficiently, realised we had been given a room that may have been effected by the noise from a delivery the next morning and she quickly changed this over for us. Rooms usual premier inn standard, very clean with everything you need for a one night stay. Breakfast taken next day at beefeater and again this was excellant. The only downside was breakfast hours very early 7 to 9 am which when on a day off meant an early get up, if it had been til even 9.30 this wouldnt have been quite so bad.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 15, 2010

A clean place with efficient staff.
But the extras are too pricey
Breakfast £7.50pppn
wifi £12pn

There must be better value out there

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 1, 2010

What a nice hotel - only 3 floors, which was good for us, we had quayside view which was lovely. Room was nice and clean,comfy bed,freeview tv,friendly and helpful receptionists, 15 minute walk from Man Utd Football Ground, shops nearby (and tesco express), 5 minute walk to tram which takes you to all the main places in Manchester, cheap and easy to use. We paid extra for the 'meal deal' which was fab, it is in the Beefeater Restaurant & Bar next door. 3 course meal & drink (beer/wine/soft drink) and all you can eat breakfast, food was delicious and staff friendly and helpful. It was our first time in Manchester and we had a lovely time, hope to go back.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Premier_Inn, Online Guest Relations at Premier Inn Manchester Salford Quays Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2010

We are pleased that you had a good stay with us . Our team will be delighted to receive your feedback as it is really important to us that our guests are happy with the service they receive. Thanks for taking the time to review your stay we hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed October 22, 2010

I stayed here with my young son the night before a Man Utd game. They're a bit stricked with the 2pm check in but when you here you check out at 12pm you understand why.
very friendly smiling staff......just what you need after a long journey
Clean but a little dated hotel
well positioned with restaurants all around
would return because the price was fine for a budget hotel £70 for me and my son and all you can eat breakfast
did the job just fine for me

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Premier_Inn, Online Guest Relations at Premier Inn Manchester Salford Quays Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2010

Thanks for your review, your feedback is very much appreciated. All our team members endeavour to delivery a high standard of service and it is very important that our guests have a comfortable stay and a good nights sleep. We are really pleased that you and your son enjoyed your stay prior to your game at Old Trafford. Thanks again for taking the time to comment on your stay we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Reviewed September 20, 2010

My partner and I plus 2 friends stayed here for 3 nights (plus breakfast at the Beefeater) and we couldn't fault it. We visited the Lowrey, Science and Industrial Museum in Manchester - we used the tram to get there - and had a trip on the Manchester Ship Canal to Liverpool. We didn't need the car, there are several places to eat within easy walking distance.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 11, 2010

My partner and I stayed here for a wedding which was at the Lowry Theatre. The staff were OUTSTANDING, which really made the difference in the stay. Sarah the receptionist was so helpful, letting us email her some documents to print off, and lending me a phone charger from the lost and found box. The staff were all incredibly polite and friendly. The room was basic, but spotless. The bed was actually extremely comfortable, and the level of noise in the room was non existent. As for the breakfast - for a fairly low budget hotel I thought the breakfast was really amazing. For only 7.99 you could take advantage of the continental buffet (which had yogurt and an array of fruits, nuts, seeds, granola - I have never come across such a healthy selection in a UK hotel before) as well as you could get a cooked to order Full English. In my opinion this is great value, and the food was good.

I would highly reccommend staying in this hotel if visiting Manchester.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 22, 2010

I stayed at the Premier Inn, Salford Quays, because it's very handy for the Lowry Theatre, which is only a 5-minute walk away. I found Salford Quays to be a bit of a concrete jungle, but the Premier Inn is located in a pleasant area away from the tower blocks and next to the water. Access is relatively easy from the centre of Manchester by tram (Eccles tram, alighting at Salford Quays or Harbour City). I was a little apprehensive, as I had not been over-impressed with the Premier Inn at Manchester Airport a week earlier.

The hotel is relatively small and there was just one receptionist. She was extremely enthusiastic and helpful, creating a very favourable first impression. This is not one of the new Premier Inns, so the decor feels a touch tired but is acceptable for the price.

My double room was at the back of the building, so unfortunately did not have a waterfront view. It was of a good size with basic but adequate furniture. The TV was old and I felt it should have been replaced with an LCD TV by now. There was a little noise from the road but this did not prove problematic in the night. In fact, the bed was superbly comfortable and I enjoyed one of the best night's sleep I've ever had in a hotel. The bathroom was well equipped with a toilet, washbasin and bath with shower. This bathroom was better equipped than the one I had at Manchester Airport, having proper toilet rolls, although wall-mounted liquid soap dispensers were again in evidence which are just not suitable for baths.

The hotel does not have its own dining room. Food is served next door in the Beefeater restaurant, which is only a few steps away. I had dinner in the restaurant, which was very reasonable as I was able to take advantage of one of their offers. Continental breakfast is also served there, which was pretty good for an additional cost of a little over £5.

Overall, this hotel provides a perfectly good base for a short stay, particularly if you are attending an event at the nearby Lowry Theatre.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salford
Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays
Travelodge Manchester Salford Quays
ibis budget Manchester Salford Quays
Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK
Hotel Football Old Trafford
AC Hotel Manchester Salford Quays

Been to Premier Inn Manchester Salford Quays Hotel? Share your experiences!