“Location location location”

Premier Inn Manchester Salford Quays Hotel
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Salford
Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

Typical premier inn. Clean surroundings. Comfortable beds. A little pricey at £79. However.... Free (that's free!) car parking

Five minutes walk to metro which takes you straight into town. Ten minutes walk in other direction to Lowry centre with a decent mix of restaurants

On site beefeater nothing to get excited about

All in all brilliant location. Free parking. Better than staying in the city being just a short journey away

A cert to return !

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Daljet S, General Manager at Premier Inn Manchester Salford Quays Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2013

Dear leescott05,

Thank you very much for your kind comments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our location convenient.

I am very proud that we are able to offer free car parking to all of our guests, it is brilliant to know that this is appreciated and that you intend to stay with us in future should you need to stay in the area. I thoroughly look forward to welcoming you back again.

Remember, we do offer Premier Saver rates on our website Premierinn.com.

Thank you very much for your kind comments and for taking the time to review your stay with us.

Daljet Singh.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,495)

Reviewed December 11, 2013

Stayed here last night when attending a football match. The staff are very warm and friendly. For £119 a night I would expect a little more. The lift was out of order (not fun for older or infirm guests), there was no proper wardrobe, no complimentary biscuits, no mini-bar, ironing board or toiletries. Towels were fairly basic,the furniture was adequate although the bed was very comfy and the TV was good. WI-FI was £3 for 24 hours! I have stayed in far better hotels for less money. I would suggest that staying here is fine if the price is a fair bit lower

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Dear SandipPatel P.

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at Premier Inn Salford Quays.

I would firstly like to reassure you that we have a team of people who ensure our prices stay competitively priced during busy periods such as football matches. I am sorry that you did not feel our prices reflected the great value for money that we strive to offer, but for future reference we do offer Premier Saver rates on Premierinn.com if you are willing to book a couple of weeks in advance.

Unfortunately our lift was out of service for a short period due to circumstances beyond our control. In order to minimise inconvenience we were sure to allocate ground floor rooms to those who really needed it and offer assistance with luggage to all other guests. I am very sorry if we fell short of your standards throughout this time. Thankfully our lift is now fixed and service has returned to normal, I hope we will be able to welcome you back in future and show you the Premier service that is usually on offer.

Thank you again for your constructive comments, we do take them on board and utilise them to shape the future of our hotel.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

I have stayed in many Premier Inns for both business and leisure but I really do think that this is the best one. Stayed for 3 nights early Dec as a treat for my husbands birthday.
We arrived on Monday and check in was fast and simple... visited the Lowry Theatre on Monday evening (5-10 mins walk) and ate out locally.
Breakfast each day was good - seated quickly and service good.
Tuesday we shopped all day and the reception staff gave us good advice regards parking in the city centre etc. We were also able to book a table in the restaurant for Wed night.... the restaurant opens an hour earlier at 5pm when there is a home game at Old Trafford so we ate and then went across to the stadium.
Wed was a busy day at the hotel due to the Man Utd game but we still had no queue for breakfast on Thursday AM and found a parking space in the car park easily after being out shopping until 4pm. In fairness we did check with the reception staff to ensure that we would be able to park when we returned as we were a little worried we may not get a space... the receptionist said if needed we could have her space when we returned which I thought was a nice comment!!
Overall good stay, good food at breakfast and in the restaurant on Wed evening.... only downside was that Utd lost!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Daljet S, General Manager at Premier Inn Manchester Salford Quays Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Dear Jaytia,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Premier Inn Manchester, Salford Quays.

I am delighted you found our location perfect as your base for the area and for Old Trafford, as you mention we are very close to the football stadium. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and I will pass on your commendation to the whole team.

Thank you again for your wonderful comments.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed December 7, 2013

Stay at this premier inn for one night with the intention of visiting the Christmas markets. It's situated within a minutes walking distance of a tram stop which takes you directly to the city centre. The room was clean with towels and shower gel provided. No issue of noise and had a great nights sleep on a very comfy bed. Plenty of extra pillows in the room with TV and coffee/tea facilities. Breakfast in the morning was good with cold and hot options. Very friendly staff and I would recommend this hotel to anyone!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Daljet S, General Manager at Premier Inn Manchester Salford Quays Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Dear Danny M,

Thank you for your review of Premier Inn Salford Quays.

As you mention we are a great location for visiting the Manchester Christmas markets, with a short tram journey taking you directly into the City Centre. It is good to hear that you found the bed very comfortable and you were able to make the best of your time with us on The Quays.

I am delighted that you would recommend our hotel and hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at Premier Inns all over and you always know what to expect! Clean, comfortable rooms and friendly staff! Free parking was a bonus!
I frequent Manchester a lot and usually stay in a Hotel that's on offer! I've stayed at other Hotels nearby so I know the area, it's convenient for the tram, however I missed the last tram as it's earlier on a Sunday, so had to grab a cab but it was only £10! I didn't have breakfast so I can't comment on the restaurant!
I will definitely stay again if at the right price!

Dear suztayz,

Thank you for providing feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you know you can rely on Premier Inn to offer great value, clean rooms with friendly and professional staff. We pride ourselves on making our guests leave feeling brilliant through a great nights sleep!

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

We have now stayed at this Premier Inn 4 times and as ever we were not disappointed. Great location on Salford Quays, handy for Trafford Centre. Old Trafford and Lowrey. For the first time we used Metrolink to go to the centre of Manchester and found this a very easy option. Rooms are large and very clean with just about everything you would need from a room for a short visit. Breakfast, very good and taken in next door Beefeater. Plenty of free parking. What makes this Premier Inn extra special are the great staff. Eveyone went out of their way to make sure you had everything you wanted, special mention to Jim who couldnt do enought to help. Thankyou !!!

Looking forward to our next visit already.

Room Tip: High floor rooms overlooking the quay are both quiet and have great view
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear fcfreddie,

Thank you for the wonderful comments regarding your recent stay at Premier Inn Salford Quays. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and rated us 5 stars!

As you mention, the metrolink option into the City Centre is a very convenient way to travel. I will pass on your thanks to Jim, who is a brilliant asset to our team. He never fails to leave our guests smiling!

Once again, thank you for your kind comments.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Friendly staff, clean and reasonable sized room. Great location, with view over the water. A short easy walk from the hotel to The Lowry - the walkway is well lit and by the quayside. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Daljet S, General Manager at Premier Inn Manchester Salford Quays Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Dear Curly_helmar,

Thank you for providing your feedback regarding your stay at Salford Quays Premier Inn.

I am pleased that you found our convenient location handy for your visit and that your rooms was clean and comfortable. I am delighted that you enjoyed our position on the Quay side and hope to welcome you back again soon.