“John Boy & Rosebud” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Salford
Cleethorpes, United Kingdom
“John Boy & Rosebud”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

Very friendly staff. our room in the new part of the hotel had a good view over Salford Quay. It was very warm in the room (23.5 deg) with no window to open to cool it down. Handy for all local amenities

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Daljet S, General Manager at Premier Inn Manchester Salford Quays Hotel, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear 'JTHURSO',

Thank you for your time in reviewing your stay with us. It is lovely to hear you found our staff very friendly and were allocated one of our famous Quay view rooms! As you mention we are very central to all local amenities and a short tram journey into the centre of Manchester, but lucky enough to be beside the beautiful Salford Quays.

I appreciate with the warmer weather the rooms can become quite stuffy and in our new extension the windows don't open. Fortunately based on recent customer comments we will shortly undergo renewal of all the windows and they will be opening windows to allow for better ventilation during the warm months.

I can only hope you will stay with us again soon so you can experience Premier Inn Salford Quays at its best.

Daljet Singh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
Carlisle, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

stayed for one night in order to visit lowry and iwm north both within 10 minutes walk of hotel;tram stop to central manchester 5 minutes walk,Staff very welcoming and attentive;no problems with room,very much standard premier inn comfort.Breakfast good value as was prepared as ordered rather than buffet style which makes a big difference.This hotel is certainly worth consideration for a 2/3 night stay in manchester

Room Tip: rooms at front overlook car park;rooms at rear look over water but are above bar/terrace
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Daljet S, General Manager at Premier Inn Manchester Salford Quays Hotel, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear Ian D,

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us at Premier Inn Salford Quays. It is great to hear you enjoyed your stay and had no problems with the room you stayed in.

As you mention in your review breakfast is available cooked to order so our guests can enjoy a fresh, great value breakfast. I am also pleased you found our staff friendly and attentive; all staff strive to do their very best to welcome our guests and ensure they feel comfortable to come to us with any issues they might have, i'm glad in your case there were no problems to speak of.

Thank you for your kind review and we do hope to welcome you back again very soon.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

I have rated this hotel very good overall. However, it could have been a very different situation. Apparently, all new Premier Inn rooms have windows that don't open. The first room we were allocated was stuffy and hot, and there was no way to cool it down. We only had a good stay because the staff were good enough to move us to another room with a window that opened. If, like me, you like fresh air while you sleep at night - check before you book.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Adrian D
Dear Adrian D,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay of Premier Inn Salford Quays, I am pleased your stay was very good.

Fortunately we have received confirmation that we will have new opening windows fitted at the beggining of June, this should hopefully provide better ventilation and comfort during the warmer weather and ensure guests that their reccommendations are listened to and acted upon. We are now looking forward to the summer and providing guests with a comfortable stay by the Quays during the warmer season.

We hope you will return again soon,

Durham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

As usual, we found the staff welcoming and helpful, and the room spotless and comfortable. We enjoyed a lovely meal in the evening at the Beefeater restaurant next door, and a super breakfast next day. Restaurant staff were excellent, and the food was very good indeed.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Daljet S, General Manager at Premier Inn Manchester Salford Quays Hotel, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
Dear JennyZO,

It is lovely to hear that you rate your stay with us 5 stars. Thank you for your wonderful review and for taking the time to give us your feed back - I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay and received the exceptional service you have come to expect from Premier Inn.

As your comments are so positive, I don't think there is much more I can add except a huge Thank You from our team, comments such as your are a great boost to morale and signal that we are heading in the right direction for delivering a super journey through Premier Inn.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the future,

Daljet Singh.
Cleckheaton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

I booked this room a couple of months in advance on a special deal at £35 plus about £8 for breakfast. Wow - this is cheap compared to the £80 odd quoted by other nearby hotels.

Arrived way too early at 9.30 am for check-in. No problem - parked the car for free and left my bag in the storage room by reception. I spent the next 10 hours in a recording studio before returning to the hotel at 7.30pm. Managed to check in, go to the room, freshen up and get out again in 15 minutes flat.

After an excellent night out in Manchester with friends (a £2.60 and 15 minute tram ride), I returned to the hotel at 3.30am, drunk as a skunk, After 5 hours perfectly uninterrupted sleep, I ventured down for breakfast at the adjacent Beefeater. I was surprised at how good the breakfast would be for the cost.

I have stayed at many Premier Inns, and all previous stays have involved a buffet selection for the cooked breakfast. This was an exception to their normal rule. After being greeted by a cheerful waitress, I helped myself to the selection of fruit juices, cereals, fruits, yoghurts etc. I then gave my order for the main part of the breakfast which was cooked to order. Although the Premier breakfast is already great value for money, this freshly cooked breakfast achieved even higher quality. Half way through, the attentive waitress returned to ask if she could get me anything else. After saying I was OK, she specifically offered to get me a fresh coffee from the self-service area. Nice touch.

Having recently spent twice as much money at another hotel chain at Salford Quays for a night of interrupted sleep and mediocre breakfast, I found the Premier Inn offered a great sleep, great breakfast and overall great value for money.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Dear PhilipJ777,

Thank you for your wonderful feed back, it is fantastic to hear you had a great stay at Premier Inn Salford Quays and that our staff made your visit convenient and comfortable.

As long as the restaurant isn't expecting a large intake for breakfast they will cook especially to order to ensure our guests receive the best breakfast possible; although even when we serve a buffet style breakfast which many of our busy guests find more convenient you are still more than welcome to order a freshly cooked breakfast if you have the time.

I am delighted to hear you had a great experience with Premier Inn and pleased you were able to take advantage of the fantastic 'saver room rate', your comments have blown us away!

Please visit us again soon!

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

A useful hotel, room was warm, Receptionist was most helpful. Beefeater Restaurant next door was busy but it was Saturday night! They did a good lemon fish dish. But the building was not marked on several signposts & it took us sometime to find. An extra 'Premier' sign high up on every wall would have helped!.

Dear Malcolm A,

It is lovely to hear our hotel was convenient and met your needs. We take on board your comments about signposts and this is definitely something we will look into for our guests, thank you for your kind words of advice.

I am pleased you enjoyed your meal and that our reception staff were friendly helpful. I will also pass on your commendation to our housekeeping team as you awarded 5 stars for cleanliness, which is always very important to us.

Thank you for your comment and please be assured we will take on board your constructive advice.

Newcastle, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

Recently refurbished.Overlooking river.I was watching water sports from my room window.nice,cheerful welcome from receptionist.Spotlessly clean throughout.Large,spacious room.Bath&shower-powerful.Complimentary Bath&shower gel&shampoo.Good quality towels&bedding.Large comfortable bed.Large,LCD tv on wall.Perfect picture.Plenty of free car parking bays,including for the disabled at entrance to hotel.I found the heating system just blew hot air at certain times.A problem at all Premier Inns.I was not disturbed by any excessive noise inside or outside hotel.I highly recommend the £22.99 meal deal served in delightful Beefeater pub/restaurant right next door.We dined in the large restaurant upstairs.We had a table overlooking the river.The menu was comprehensive and all the food was delicious.The waitress was very polite,helpful&pleasant.Meals served in this restaurant would make me choose this Premier Inn in Manchester over their others in the city.I can only give high praise to the hotel&restaurant.I recommend them to others & plan to return in the summer.P.S: Room only price was only £29 per night during my stay!

Room Tip: Request a riverside room.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Kenny S
Dear 'galfrd',

Firstly allow me to thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at Premier Inn Salford Quays. I am delighted to hear you had a lovely stay and intend to return in the summer months.

As you point out the Meal Deal is great value at £22.99 for 3 courses, a drink of your choice and breakfast in the morning, I am pleased you were able to take advantage of this great offer and of course the fantastic Premier Saver room rate. I will pass on your kind words to the restaurant and its staff also, as it seems they provided great service and equally good food.

It is nice to hear you had a lovely stay, if in future you are finding the room is warm in any of our Premier Inns please contact the 24 hour reception as I know they would be able to assist with the thermostat controls, providing lighter sheets or a fan and generally ensuring your stay is as comfortable as possible, we are always happy to help.

Thank you once again for your kind review, we look forward to welcoming you through our doors again in summer.

Daljet Singh
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salford
Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays
Premier Inn Manchester Salford Central Hotel
Travelodge Manchester Salford Quays
ibis budget Manchester Salford Quays
Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK
Premier Inn Manchester Old Trafford Hotel

Been to Premier Inn Manchester Salford Quays Hotel? Share your experiences!