“Great local pub”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I live just up the road from The Black Lion, it's a great up and coming venue - lots of events going on, always got good music playing and great food!

Reviewed August 14, 2013

I LOVE the Black Lion! It's been a regular haunt of mine for a while. It's in a fantastic location, just off Deansgate. Here, they serve incredibly tasty food: I'd recommend the burgers and the pies best! The recent addition of coffee and cake to the menu is a bonus. They also have a wide selection of ales and fancy spirits, along with all the usuals you'd expect in a pub. The best feature of all is the staff: the friendliest I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. The range of gigs and performances at the Black Lion is impressive and the decor is cosy and welcoming with wood paneling and candles wedged into glass bottles. My boyfriend and I often sit for hours playing scrabble at the Black Lion, and we eat here frequently. I've recommended it to friends and colleagues and they've all come back to me telling me how much they loved it there, too!

Reviewed August 2, 2013

We were staying up the road in a hotel and ventured out to find a local, came across the Black Lion and glad we did.
Seemed to be a very quiet Wednesday evening but still enjoyed it.
Great choice of beers and friendly service.
Brilliant music , not what you usually get today, but if you like Billie Holliday etc you will have a blast.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Was over in Manchster for a few days. The black lion was near my hotel. Decided to pop in for a beer.

Staff were friendly, music was great and the selection of alcohol was great. Returned the following day for food. Was excellent pub grub with a decent selection. Returned later that night with some mates. They all loved the place too.

If I eveer move to Manchester, this will be my local.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

We often go to The Black Lion in Salford for a meal and to listen to music etc. The food is always excellent value and homemade. I would recommend the pie of the day but everything we have had has been brilliant. Definitely a place to try and then come back for more.