“Choose Damson for your just desserts....”
Review of Damson Restaurant - CLOSED

Damson Restaurant
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Today we went to Damson. Never been before and we chose it as it is close to The Lowry and we were off to a matinee performance after lunch. What a great choice it turned out to be. The décor is beautiful, we sat near the huge windows looking out over the water and watched the people buzzing about in the autumn sunshine. The food, ah, the food. To.die.for.
We ended up ordering off the a la carte menu as it was a special occasion and my friend particularly wanted one of the fish dishes. The food was sublime. I had lamb which was perfect and my friend was cooing over her cod. The best, as they always say, was yet to come. I wanted to marry my dessert. Chocolate and Peanut Butter Vacherin with chocolate fudge sauce. Go now before they change the menu! It was fantastic, my favourite dessert EVER! The whole meal was lovely - not huge portions so don't take your rugby playing mates but the flavours and presentation is perfect. They do a reasonable two courses for £17 a head. Our bill came to £76 for two of us, with one large glass of red wine and a large bottle of water. Worth every penny. We loved it and will definitely be going again. Oh, by the way, the staff are lovely too. Going to the Lowry? Or Media City? Drop in on Damson. Lets keep this great independent restaurant alive. http://mediacity.damsonrestaurant.co.uk/index.html

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Enjoyed a fabulous lunch prior to a play at the Lowry. An excellent menu and a lunchtime deal. The service was good and I can highly recommend the pork belly and a wonderful dessert based on peanut butter! Given the number of mediocre chain restaurants in the area this place deserves to thrive. We will return!

Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

We had an evening event there recently. They were catering for a large group 50. Service was ok, food no better than any average hotel restaurant. Expected good things but average. Not a gourmet experience.

1  Thank timclayton
Reviewed October 14, 2013

After being impressed with ambience, decor and overall impression of a top class establishment,
We were very disappointed with the quality of the fare. We opted for the set menu,there were five in our party and it was an afternoon dinner and not a special occasion.
Starters good, main course ok, cheese board pathetic, wine good but overpriced, overall would not rush back, the staff were pleasant but not many smiles among them.

5  Thank Tom M
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Went as a party of 5, the restaurant was very impressive and the staff attentive, we were looking forward to the meal. We stuck to the set menu and everyone said how much they enjoyed their starter, the bread was a nice touch and it was delish. I went for the veggie option and it was really nice, but not amazing, the rest went for the roast lamb and again was told it was really nice but quite average, we all ordered a sweet and most went for the ginger cake, again it was really nice (would have been better it was warm), my husband ordered the cheese board, (it had a £3 supplement) it really was disappointing, 5 water biscuits, 5 of the smallest pieces of cheese I have ever seen, along with grapes celery and a very good chutney.

All in all in was good, but I have had the same at other good restaurants in Manchester for a lesser price.

1  Thank Janvuj123