All reviews free parking men arena city centre budget hotel main road shower room short stay min walk attending a concert one night stay lady on reception full english tea and coffee making facilities check in was quick bar area ideal location no frills
Selected filters
Reviewed September 7, 2019 via mobile

Stayed here with my family around 10 mins walk to the shops great location. Breakfast was included in the price which was very good. On the downside the double bed was far too small for us more like a large single bed.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank sana-b33
Reviewed August 9, 2019 via mobile

Myself and my husband stayed on Wednesday night. Everything was lovely. The receptionist Ana is lovely and will go out of her way to make you feel welcome. We enjoyed it that much we decided to stay another night. So Thursday night after a few drinks and food in manchester we went back to hotel for a nightcap before bed. It was 11 oclock. We were told by the night porter that the bar was closed. It is advertised as 1 oclock close. After mentioning this he opened up reluctantly. We had 2 drinks then went to our room. Before bed i wanted a cigarette ( bad habit i know). As i was going outside i noticed the porter had his headphones on so i didnt speak to him. I went through the electric gates because the sign says just to buzz when you wanted to go back through. Well i buzzed and buzzed and buzzzed. No answer. By now i am upset because i am in a unfamilar place in the dark with no way of getting back into the hotel. The porter couldnt hear me buzzing because he had headphones on. Eventually the gates opened. No apology nothing. 25 mins i was stuck outside on my own. Very anxious and upset. Will not be returning.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed August 4, 2019

Stayed here for one night. The room, bed and bathroom were all on the small side - but to be honest all we really wanted was somewhere to store our stuff for the day and to sleep for the night after heading out for the day.
Location was perfect for what we wanted. The room and what I saw of the rest of the hotel was very clean. It was a really hot, muggy night and the room did get very hot - there is a fan that you can use but that was fairly noisy and intrusive so we didnt bother.
The hotel also has a policy that you leave your room key with reception when you leave the building - not encountered this before, found it a bit strange, but it was not really a problem.
Overall the pros definitely outweigh the cons - cheap and cheerful, ample parking, staff were friendly. It was fine.

Date of stay: August 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2019 via mobile

The hotel room at the Stay Inn was very small. The bed did not seem like a double sized bed, I was sharing this with my partner and there was limited space to move.
The toilet was also very small, I could not close the door once I sat down on the toilet, the door wouldnt go past my legs.
The room or toilet had no air conditioning in it, which made the room very stuffy and very warm. There was a small fan fitted up on the wall, blowing out hot air.
The shower was dreadfull, I turned it on full blast and there was dribbles coming from the shower head, worst shower I have ever had.
Also, when we went out for the day,we came back to find out they did not change our bed sheets, which we slept in from the night before.
The only good thing about this hotel was it was and 8 min taxi ride into the city with all the bars, restaurants and shops as well as the free parking they provided.
Over all, I was not happy for what I paid for, which means I will not be back to this hotel in a hurry.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 14, 2019

Female traveling on own. Appeared to be only women staying in hotel..

Staff were helpful and welcoming

Room like a back packers hostel I once stayed in Egypt (not a good stay).

At check in I was asked not to smoke in room. Not sure if the man who stayed next door knew this, as his tobacco smoke wafted under the joining door in my room .. Also why would you put loan female in room with connecting door .. ??

Bathroom 3ft by 3 foot , step out of shower and try not to step into toilet or sink for that matter.

Bed ok, bed linen 1980s..

Only 2 milk cartons on tea tray.

Decor not done by a professional, very dated and dirty.

Room backed onto dual carriage way and windows did nothing to block out noise.

Ordered food 1/10, one point as it was hot....

Paid £99 for room and was advised did not include breakfast...

Not recommended