“Great for M.E.N”

Stay Inn Manchester
Ranked #17 of 20 Hotels in Salford
Reviewed September 18, 2011

My wife and I stayed here one Saturday night as we were going to the MEN areana.

Cost. We paid £72 for room only which was much cheaper than other hotels in the city. The price included free parking and free wifi. I believe breakfast was £7 but we didn`t have any.

Location. In a bit of a run down area on the edge of the centre, but this wasn`t an issue. The MEN is a 10 minute walk away and it is almost onle long straight road so its easy to find. There is a shop next door to the hotel for beer/food etc. In fact it sells OK sandwiches for £1.

Room. Nothing wrong with the room. Clean and comfy but basic. A bit on the small side but adequate for overnight. Bathroom small but clean and modern with a good shower. Towels and soap provided. Portable TV with 8 channels.
Signs in reception state to remove satnav and sat nav holders from cars and a letter in the room states no liability for stolen items from room and not to leave valubles in the room. Considering this I fell that a safe in the room should be provided, but overall I felt security at the hotel was good.
The walls were very thin and noise was an issue. In fact the wife "trumped" in bed which made the occupants of the next room laugh.

Bar. There is a bar which is open untill 1 a.m. I was not impressed by the pint of lager that I bought as it was slightly warm and flat, so I chose not to purchase another one, but to retire to my room and drink vodka instead. The bar was very quiet when we arrived so I suspect my pint was " the first one off", so perhaps I was just unlucky. Overall the bar was OK.

All staff were friendly and helpful.

I would recommend this hotel if you are going to the MEN or simply fancy a night out in Manchester. Some guests were noisy but this could happen at any city centre hotel on a Saturday night. Considering the cosy I would happily stay here again ( but stick to bottled Magners next time).

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bestyman

Reviewed September 5, 2011

I stayed here last weekend with my daughter & as soon as we entered the hotel, the receptionist was very hospitable!! He gave me a map & had highlighted how to get to Manchester Central Exhibition Centre from there & had told me to help ourselves to their hot drinks machine if we ran out of some in our room as well as offering free wi-fi!
However I found it difficult to sleep on the first night due to traffic noise, and when I told them about it they offered to move me to a more quieter room!
In terms of cleanliness, this hotel was clean & they provided towells & the bathroom was compact but lovely (the shower was easy to use & they provided soap, shower gel & shower caps).
Overall it was a pleasant stay and I would recommend it!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 11, 2011

clean rooms the beds were comfy the shower was very good . The car park is secure with fencing and gates and to get in through the car park at night you have to press a button so the security can let you in to get to the hotel . Also freindly staff , would book this hotel again next time in manchester . HARRY AND HIS ONION RINGS

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 24, 2011

I stayed here this week, myself and best friend had tickets to see Glee in Manchester so we made the trek from London! This hotel is in a fabulous location & free parking!! Which is quite unusual for a town centre, it's literally a 10 minute walk to the MEN and a 10 minute walk into town, perfect for a weekend away or whatever. We saw the show walked back to get ready then off into town, we walked down Deansgate and most of the bars were shutting as it was about midnight. Ended up in the Birdcage on a student night which was thoroughly depressing as everyone was about 5 years younger than us & they served drinks in plastic cups lol but we took it in our stride and had an amazing night and the icing on the cake was that Puck from Glee was in the club!! Who i absolutely love, brilliant trip and would definately stay here again!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 14, 2011

The hotel is perhaps one of the most dated I've ever stayed in, however it was extremely clean and tidy. The hotel staff were excellent, really friendly and helpful and dealt with my booking quickly. I stayed when Take That were playing and other hotels were charging around £200 per night! I paid less than £60 to stay in this hotel and would probably go back and stay again. It's simple, cheap, clean and friendly. They offered free WiFi which is unheard of these days in a hotel, a great bonus. The TV was really old and crackly, which was a bit of a pain but aside from that I was happy.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Louise A
Reviewed June 6, 2011

We were going to a concert at the MEN arena, so this was a perfect location hotel.

Staff were few and far between, seeing as the hotel was VERY busy that weekend due to the said concert you would have expected more staff!

So quite a bit of waiting around to get our keys, we eventually did and we found our room, only to be greeted by an AWFUL smell!
It smelt like sewage, staff said they coudlnt move us as the hotel was full so no other rooms.
We decided to grin and bear it as it was only for one night.

We got back from the concert and the smell was worse, so after leaving the window open with loads of outside noise, and my other half spraying deodorant most of the night I had a hellish sleep!

The beds weren't too comfy and the bedding dull with a stained carpet.

The bathroom was lovely, modern and clean though! Yay!

It was budget but I do expect to be clean, warm and comfortable.

Staff in the morning seemed more helpful and called us a taxi but nobody offered a discount for the sewer we slept in!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 23, 2011

We booked in because of the price and proximity to the MEN and were not disappointed.
5 minutes to the city centre (theres a taxi office outside the gate if thats too far) and 5 minutes to the city centre.
If you don't expect 4 or 5 stars you won't be disappointed.
We slept well because we went out on the town both nights but the hotel is on a busy road and does become quite noisey, don't let this put you off though.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salford
Travelodge Manchester Central Arena
#36 of 121 in Manchester
Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre
Travelodge Manchester Salford Quays
Premier Inn Manchester City Centre (Arena/Printworks) Hotel

Been to Stay Inn Manchester? Share your experiences!