My wife and I stayed here one Saturday night as we were going to the MEN areana.
Cost. We paid £72 for room only which was much cheaper than other hotels in the city. The price included free parking and free wifi. I believe breakfast was £7 but we didn`t have any.
Location. In a bit of a run down area on the edge of the centre, but this wasn`t an issue. The MEN is a 10 minute walk away and it is almost onle long straight road so its easy to find. There is a shop next door to the hotel for beer/food etc. In fact it sells OK sandwiches for £1.
Room. Nothing wrong with the room. Clean and comfy but basic. A bit on the small side but adequate for overnight. Bathroom small but clean and modern with a good shower. Towels and soap provided. Portable TV with 8 channels.
Signs in reception state to remove satnav and sat nav holders from cars and a letter in the room states no liability for stolen items from room and not to leave valubles in the room. Considering this I fell that a safe in the room should be provided, but overall I felt security at the hotel was good.
The walls were very thin and noise was an issue. In fact the wife "trumped" in bed which made the occupants of the next room laugh.
Bar. There is a bar which is open untill 1 a.m. I was not impressed by the pint of lager that I bought as it was slightly warm and flat, so I chose not to purchase another one, but to retire to my room and drink vodka instead. The bar was very quiet when we arrived so I suspect my pint was " the first one off", so perhaps I was just unlucky. Overall the bar was OK.
All staff were friendly and helpful.
I would recommend this hotel if you are going to the MEN or simply fancy a night out in Manchester. Some guests were noisy but this could happen at any city centre hotel on a Saturday night. Considering the cosy I would happily stay here again ( but stick to bottled Magners next time).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Are you looking for a hotel in Manchester then look no further. The Stay Inn Hotel in Manchester is a perfect hotel for business travellers, for families wanting a break, and for tourist visiting Manchester. With rooms from only £21.67 Per person per night we are working hard to give our customers fantastic value for money in these difficult times without compromising on quality and service. The Stay Inn Hotel in Manchester has free car parking for all our guest a rarity for a hotel in Manchester. Together with excellent appointed bedrooms, all our 65 rooms are en-suite together with satellite TV, tea and coffee making facilities, hair dryer, wardrobe, desk and chair together with Wi Fi Internet access. We have 3 rooms dedicated for our disabled guests. The Stay Inn Hotel in Manchester has its own restaurant and bar where our chef provides wonderful delicious meals at fantastic prices served in a relaxed atmosphere, perhaps you just want to unwind and have a drink at the bar with a large variety of draught beers, wines and spirits on offer we will make sure that you have an enjoyable stay with us at the Stay Inn Hotel in Manchester ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Stay Inn Manchester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stay Inn Manchester Hotel Salford
- Stay Hotel Manchester
- Manchester Stay Hotel
- Stay Inn Manchester Salford, Greater Manchester