“Good value for money”

Holiday Inn Manchester-West
Ranked #15 of 20 Hotels in Salford
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I searched for hotels in Manchester and came across this holiday inn. Not normally a fan of holiday inn as usually find the bedrooms aren't great and facilities are a little tired but this was not the case at the Manchester West.
I booked this hotel as was going to a concert in the city and wanted somewhere reasonable (all the city centre hotels seemed to hugely increase their prices as soon as there is an event on)
Myself and my sister stayed and we had a lovely bedroom, very spacious, clean and exactly what we wanted.
The only negative was that we used public transport to get into the city and it was a little bit further out of the city than we expected, although on one of the days we did walk into the city (took around 50 minutes). Also access to the internet was too much hard work...given a password on check in but it didn't work and took 3 attempts to log on, I have to admit I didn't contact reception for help as it suggested but surely there must be an easier system?
I would definately recommend if your looking for a good priced hotel with good factilities.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Katie M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Manchester-West, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay. I am glad to hear that you liked the hotel and the facilities on offer. Please accept my apologies that you experienced an issue with the wifi, the system is usually very easy to use and the team can assist if you are having any problems at all.

I hope you enjoyed your concert, and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Manchester,

Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

This was the nearest Holiday Inn to my suppliers office. Turns out, that's not always be best criteria. Whilst the staff are very helpful, they couldn't uplift my spirits.. You're stuck in the hotel.. It's not sensible to take a walk!!! Oh well, next time.. Only City Centre's will do

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I am so pleased to hear that you found the team helpful.

Regards

Reviewed July 30, 2013

the hotel was clean and WiFi is free breakfast was very good there is free parking .
also i want thank the reservation agent i think her name is ms clera she solved the problem i which was cause by accommodating me and my wife and two children in room 226 which was occupied by a boiler taking half the room size she came to our room and moved us to a bigger room which made me happy with my stay ..

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Katie M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Manchester-West, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Thank you for posting your review. I am glad to hear that we were able to assist with your requests and that you found the team accommodating, and the hotel clean.

We hope to see you again soon in the future!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Good hotel for a short stay, not too far from the city and has ample free parking. Shops nearby, comfy, reasonably quiet rooms with free wifi.
For the price cant really complain. I booked the mystery hotel on Hotwire and ended up there.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Katie M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Manchester-West, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Thank you so much for your lovely review. So glad that you enjoyed your stay here!

We hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

The staff at this hotel are just fantastic. Really helpful and pleasant. Check-in was swift and requests made during my stay promptly met.

Bedrooms are somewhat land and the bathroom in serious need of a makeover! The bath looked like it needed a good scrub, the tiles and grouting have black mould and need to be changed. The basin has a horrid smell...

Food was fine.

Nothing to get excited about but ok for an overnight stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Thank for the review of you recent visit. I am so glad to hear that you found the team helpful. The hotel is currently undergoing refurbishment works, and I will ensure that the issues you have highlighted are rectified by our maintenance team.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future,

Regards

Reviewed July 23, 2013

You really can't fault the staff. On arrival the receptionist was pleasant. Night time staff were extremely helpful. Room was goodd. I wouldn't wander by foot too far from the hotel in certain directions, but it's walkable to the city centre and I had a brilliant stay. breakfast was good, despite it being ten minutes until it finished they were still replenishing. Bath was a bit small. Great value for what I paid

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts on your recent stay with us. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your breakfast!

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

stayed here four nites and staff are friendly. i stayed here before in 2008 and 2009 and wasnt great then but its clean near everything and id stay here again. theres shops around the front a supermarket clothes shops about 100 yards takeaway near to its about 15 min walk into the city its safe to

Room Tip: rooms at front are quieter