Okay where to start, I booked the hotel for two nights; checking in on the 11th February 2013. I will state now that I checked out on the 12th! you will find out why...
On arrival approximately 22:20 I stood at reception for what seemed like an age and still no one attended the reception; there is no way of calling staff to the reception but why shoud you have to. Eventually I went to the bar and asked the bar staff if someone would check me in; the bar staff were very polite and attentive; they asked the receptionist to attend to my check in needs.
(Please note the bar staff were the only attentive staff at the hotel)
Being a frequent traveller and I have attained Platinum status in the Holiday inn loyalty programme Priority Club and usually get upgraded however on this occasion I didn't (not a problem) I did however get a recently refurbished room. In fact refurbished in the last couple of weeks, as the hotel is currently undergoing renovations (no disruption experienced or evident) but see my photos!!!!!!!!! Refurbished???? ITS MOULDY!!!! YOU PAINTED OVER TILES!!!! Poly FILLER OVER TILES!! I do not normally upload photos but on this occasion have a look for yourselves - I ain't fussy but it's not clean and in a room that had been painted and new carpet laid.
Okay lets get food it 22:45 - so it has to be room service? well no they do not offer this but do have some £5.00 snack boxes - if they have any? disgusting (I didnt have one) - Okay a sandwich NO - Health and Safety reasons (food Hygene) I'll go hungry.
Well lets have a beer!! NO - sorry we had a busy weekend and have run out of all draught beer..... You got to be kidding! No they could only offer two types of overpriced bottled lager.
So a tiny (forgot to say about that) MOULDY room NO FOOD, NO BEER.
Next morning I'm checking out!
On check out the receptionist stated "you are not meant to check out until tomorrow!" to which I replied I a not happy with standard of the hotel; THIS WAS IGNORED as I was asked to insert my card into the machine to charge me the £85.00!!!! plus £7.00 for the bottled lager..
A disgrace - have you not heard of CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!! I stay 60+ nights a year with IHG and this is by far my worst experience... Having written this I have downgraded the rating from Poor to Terrible - Travellers you decided there are hundreds of hotels in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Manchester West is located close to many popular attractions in Manchester including; Old Trafford - the home of Manchester United football club, The Imperial War Museum, The Lowry Theatre and bustling Salford Quays and Media City. The hotel is only a 5 minute drive from Manchester City Centre where you can enjoy extensive shopping or take in a concert at the MEN Arena. We are also only a 20minute drive from The Trafford Centre. The Holiday Inn Manchester West offers a relaxing yet stylish bar area and our dining menu is available all day. Wifi and Car Parking is available to all guests on a complimentary basis. The hotel is located close to the M602 and M62 motorways, and is 8 miles from Manchester International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Manchester-West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Manchester-West Hotel Salford
- Holiday Inn Salford
- Salford Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Manchester-West Salford, Greater Manchester