“pleasant quiet stay”

Holiday Inn Manchester-West
Ranked #15 of 20 Hotels in Salford
Reviewed November 20, 2012

The staff were very pleasant & helpful,nothing too much trouble. Hotel was nice & clean.
Beds very comfy & Location for city,good.

Overall a very pleasureable stay & would certainly stay again when visiting Manchester

Room Tip: we had room 131 & it was quiet & comfy
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JOHNNIESStoke
Katie M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Manchester-West, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2012

Thank you for posting your thoughts on your recent stay at Holiday Inn Manchester West. We are so happy that you enjoyed your visit to Manchester and your stay at our hotel!

Kind Regards

Reviewed November 19, 2012

Stayed at this hotel on Saturday 17 November, arrived quite early so we could spend the afternoon in Manchester, checked in and was given our room 2 1/2 hours early excellent. Room was very clean and spacious and had everything we needed for our stay. All the staff we met were very friendly and helpful. Bar in hotel not too pricey either. Paid £68 with breakfast included which was great value. No rushing about on Sunday morning, breakfast served till 11 and checkout not till 12. Hotel is a bit out of the centre but only a 15 min walk. Got a taxi into city for our night out which was £6.00 so not too bad. Left car at hotel all day Sunday for another day in Manchester shopping. We had a great week-end and would use the hotel again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank LynneC2007

I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us here at Holiday Inn Manchester West. I will pass on your lovely comments to our team.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Kind Regards

Reviewed November 19, 2012

Only negative was no PCR Platinum peeks, hotel was dead Friday night, no upgrade, No free drink offer, nothing.....Stayed at Crowne Plaza Manchester City centre and got Upgraded room & Club Lounge access inc breakfast & free alcoholic drinks free.

Overall, nice quite location, Free parking, 15 minute walking into Manchester via the Coronation Street studio's.

Rooms where average size, clean, TV could do with being updated to flat screens.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Holiday Inn Manchester West. I am sorry that you were not upgraded on your visit, however the hotel only has 6 executive rooms which must have been already utilized. As you will be aware Priority Club upgrade is subject to availability. All our Priority Club guests are gifted with a complimentary newspaper and bottled water upon arrival. The Priority Club perks obviously vary by brand with Crown Plaza being able to offer more.

I hope this helps clarify the situation, and I do hope you choose to stay with us again in the future,

Kind Regard

Reviewed November 17, 2012

This hotel is a typical Holiday Inn so there are no surprises. The location is a little industrial, which is probably reflected in the price; don't be put off by the surroundings. Some of the room decor is a little tired, but nothing major.
The location was fine for me as I was working on Broadway, near Media City, which is only 1.5 miles away. It did take a little while in the mornings though; largely due to the traffic on on the roundabout at the end of the M602. Pick your times and there should be no problems, There was plenty of parking, which was free.
Reception was well maintained and the staff were helpful and attentive. Public areas were clean and tidy. I didn't use the bar or restaurant so I can't comment on those.
My room was very well maintained and cleaned, although (and I can't believe I'm writing these words) some of the buttons on the air con were a bit temperamental :). I slept well - which is probably the main thing. Plenty of storage, no overnight noise, and free wi-fi are all additional benefits. The only real downside is the lack of TV coverage (BBC1 to Channel 4) so not even Dave as an option.
Would definitely stay again (in fact I have already booked)

Room Tip: There are some squeeky floorboards in the corridors so a high level room my be quieter,
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Katie M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Manchester-West, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2012

Thanks for your review. I’m glad you had a good stay with us at Holiday Inn Manchester West, and I hope to see you on your next trip.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

We arrived together at this Holiday Inn that I have stayed in before, with no other expectations than a quick dinner and an early night, as we had all been travelling. Quick check in, and an upgrade to an Executive room before getting a beer and settling down for dinner. The evening then just got better when our waitress Adriana arrived with such a beautiful smile and quickly introduced us to some fish we had never heard of, and very well suggested it was to.

A quick breakfast and we were off, a very pleasant stay and excellent staff.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Magickpyggie

Thank you for your very kind words. They are very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourselves in Holiday Inn Manchester West. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

although this hotel is a little out of town the rates reflect this and even after a couple of trips in to town in a taxi (just over a fiver each way) it is still cheaper than a town center hotel,the hotel is very welcoming and has the feel of being very well ran with all the staff working together to ensure that our every requirement was not only meet but exceeded, i cant say enough about the staff every member of staff we had the pleasure of dealing with was helpful,friendly and professional without it being forced,as other reviewers have said you would be hard pushed to find better staff in any hotel no matter how many stars it had.
The food was very good we were on the dinner b&b rate witch was extremely good value for money and is the deal to go for with out a doubt, The rooms are very clean and comfortable and although the hotel was fully booked we did not hear any noise at all from other guests.
we will Definitely stay here again and highly recommend it.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for your kind comments and compliments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Holiday Inn Manchester West, and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

I stayed two nights at the hotel together with my son. The purpose of the trip was to watch a game with his favorite soccer team. My expectations were not too high, but were well exceeded. The standard of the room was very good and no complaints about the cleanliness.

The food at the restaurant was good, and although one could wish for more dishes to choose from, I have no complaints about the quality.

The hotel should fix a few things - like the terrible wifi that did not really work well in our room.

However, when evaluating the price and the service we got, I am really impressed with this hotel and would recommend it to all of my friends when going there for a weekend to watch a game.

The big reason for me writing this review is the people working at the hotel. They were extremely service-minded and professional from the minute we arrived to check-out. Everyone we met impressed me, and many 5-star hotels would be happy if they had staff like this hotel.

Fix the internet, and buy new TVs for the rooms please, but apart from that it was a very good experience. Reason to rate it excellent? The people working there - they really made the difference!

Room Tip: Two categories of rooms there - choose the best one.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Katie M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Manchester-West, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Thank you for your kind comments and compliments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience in Holiday Inn Manchester West, and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.