“fantastic break :)”

Ranked #15 of 20 Hotels in Salford
Carlisle, United Kingdom
“fantastic break :)”
Reviewed October 14, 2011

me and my partner stayed the night there and the staff were friendly and very helpful we also found the rooms fantastic and very clean and modern. we had something to eat in the restaurant and all i can say is the food was amazing i had the lamb rogan josh which i highly recommend and even the breakfast was fantastic you had a choice of cooked cereals yougarts and all kinds of fruit if you are going to Manchester i recommend you stay here!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Bridgend, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 10, 2011

we stayed at the holiday inn manchester west for two nights in october to see peter kay in M.E.N.when we arrived we were greeted straight away by efficient friendly and competent staff.the room was on the second floor not far from the bar and was very clean and comfortable with everything you need on a short stay.when i ran out of teabags and milk i had some straightaway from reception without any hassle.the staff were really helpful with little tips about where to go and how to get there.there were a couple of new staff who werent too sure how to use the equipment so consequently our coffees we ordered at the bar after dinner didnt arrive fo 40 minutes so a little bit more supervision was needed.
it was a lovely hotel with lovely staff and i would definitely stay there again. there is also a little cafe across the road called jeans scullery which does lovely breakfast for £3.80 so dont buy in the hotel.

Room Tip: all rooms were really good and even though it is on a main road there is hardly any noise
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Leicester
Reviewed September 30, 2011

Booked the hotel for one night as went to Manchester evening News arena. Car park had plenty of space even though small. Room vas very clean bathroom quite good. Had double room no pull out bed if u bring an extra person . Had tea facility, hairdryer and tv and air con. Taxi to arena cost five pounds. To walk about 30 mins but need sensible shoes. Return cab seven pounds I'n heavy traffic. Hotel was quiet I'n evening. Breakfast £10.99 and £13.99 if u decide to have it I'n the morning so gave that a miss!! Sainsburys was five min walk around the corner which shut at eleven pm and also a chineese take away. There is not much I'n walking distance. Would defiantly stay here again for the area.

• Stayed September 2011
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 25, 2011

On arrival the check-in attendant tells me I've been upgraded to an Executive room. Puzzled, I ask why when I reserved and have paid for an executive room. He too looks puzzled and tells me it says on his computer that I've been upgraded. Ok, so I'm paying for an executive room which I've been upgraded to. Who knows, I'm over it already.
Room is adequate, clean.
Restaurant service was average despite there only being myself in it!
I choose the Beef and Guiness pie made with prime beef. That should have been re-titled prime fat.
My nights sleep isn't peaceful as my room faces the main road adjacent to a fire station. Ne-o, ne-o, ne-o all night!!!
I check-out in the morning, I'm asked if I want to see my bill. I say food and accommodation, he says yes. I pay and leave. Then studying the bill I notice an internet charge. I return to the hotel and query this. The rude desk attendant says 'I asked you if you wanted to see your bill' NO YOU DIDN'T. I said 'FOOD AND ACCOMMODATION - HOW DO I EAT INTERNET' He calls his manager. The manager comes and questions me on my internet charge - I DIDN'T USE THE INTERNET. He agrees to refund the charge. I'm somewhat shocked when I'm not asked to enter my pin but sign a docket. Really?? Has no one told Holiday Inn about PCIDSS rules?? I have no option but to sign, knowing that within the next hour Amex will be on the phone to verify the transaction. I haven't signed for a transaction since 2008 when Amex blocked my card then on suspicion of fraud.
By the time I leave the hotel 'Incoming Call' is flashing on my car data screen. 'Good Morning Mr xx, American Express calling' Fantastic service from Amex. Well below par for Holiday Inn.

Room Tip: Avoid any room opposite the fire station!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank TrumpLasVegasNV
blackpool
Reviewed September 4, 2011

Hair & pubic hair in the bath, around the bath cills and on the shower curtain & mounds of dead flies on room window ledge are completely unacceptable unless staying in a youth hostel or halfway house!!! Night staff not very pleasent and obviously lacking in energy as when my Boyfriend asked for ice with his drink and they had ran out my boyfriend mentioned that there was a ice machine in full working order right outside our room on the 1st floor (strange but true) anyway seems the manager thought that it was acceptable to have my boyfriend retrieving the ice for his own drink from upstairs!! which was more of an irritant as my boyfriend has a dodgy wobbly leg and was looking forward to relaxing in the bar area with his iced up drink rather than havin to drag his leg up to the first floor to retrieve his own ice!!! Aside from all this the plus side was the receptionist and only person that seemed to have any intrest in being there and actually making us feel welcome so many kudos to Kate!!! Couldnt do enough to accomodate myself and my dodgy wobbly legged other half haa hotel okay as a quick stop gap if ur around that area avoid for families and couples looking to relax in comfort. The positive ratings ill fill in now are only applicable to Kate on reception.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
London UK
Reviewed August 31, 2011

Me and my wife stayed there over the Bank Holiday weekend. We arrived late and we were given room number 4 on the ground floor. Now I would have expected to see such a room in a third world country and not the UK. It had disabled access for the bathroom which I guess it is ok if you need it plus the bonus mould in the shower if required! The bed was horrible to say the least. it was so soft that I you would need a crane to get out of. Then there was the constant running above our head until 1am in the morning. Then the same started again at about 5.30 am. Then there were the loud guests at 4am who had decided to knock on the doors etc.

The next day I spoke with reception and was promptly given a room on the 2nd floor (223) which was when we entered the civilised world again . The room was up to standard to a 3 star hotel and the rest is history.

Location: good to get to town if you have a car but located in an industrial estate so good if you need to get new tyres!

Parking: £5.00 per day which I think it is a rip off considering the location and the price for the rooms paid £218 for two nights for a Holiday Inn.

Breakfast: no complaints and food was fine. Extra charge for Cappuccino.

Room Tip: At all costs avoid rooms on the ground floor as they are dated and noisy! go for rooms on the second...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Raminos
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Only comment was about the breakfast the morning after.. Not included in lodging fee.. We were seated and then nobody came to attend to us and or even ask us if we needed anything.. We got up and left after about 10 minutes of just sitting there.. I stayed about 7 mins longer than I should have.. The better half made me wait...

Room Tip: Walls are paper thin. Take that however you wish..
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple