On arrival the check-in attendant tells me I've been upgraded to an Executive room. Puzzled, I ask why when I reserved and have paid for an executive room. He too looks puzzled and tells me it says on his computer that I've been upgraded. Ok, so I'm paying for an executive room which I've been upgraded to. Who knows, I'm over it already.
Room is adequate, clean.
Restaurant service was average despite there only being myself in it!
I choose the Beef and Guiness pie made with prime beef. That should have been re-titled prime fat.
My nights sleep isn't peaceful as my room faces the main road adjacent to a fire station. Ne-o, ne-o, ne-o all night!!!
I check-out in the morning, I'm asked if I want to see my bill. I say food and accommodation, he says yes. I pay and leave. Then studying the bill I notice an internet charge. I return to the hotel and query this. The rude desk attendant says 'I asked you if you wanted to see your bill' NO YOU DIDN'T. I said 'FOOD AND ACCOMMODATION - HOW DO I EAT INTERNET' He calls his manager. The manager comes and questions me on my internet charge - I DIDN'T USE THE INTERNET. He agrees to refund the charge. I'm somewhat shocked when I'm not asked to enter my pin but sign a docket. Really?? Has no one told Holiday Inn about PCIDSS rules?? I have no option but to sign, knowing that within the next hour Amex will be on the phone to verify the transaction. I haven't signed for a transaction since 2008 when Amex blocked my card then on suspicion of fraud.
By the time I leave the hotel 'Incoming Call' is flashing on my car data screen. 'Good Morning Mr xx, American Express calling' Fantastic service from Amex. Well below par for Holiday Inn.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Manchester West is located close to many popular attractions in Manchester including; Old Trafford - the home of Manchester United football club, The Imperial War Museum, The Lowry Theatre and bustling Salford Quays and Media City. The hotel is only a 5 minute drive from Manchester City Centre where you can enjoy extensive shopping or take in a concert at the MEN Arena. We are also only a 20minute drive from The Trafford Centre. The Holiday Inn Manchester West offers a relaxing yet stylish bar area and our dining menu is available all day. Wifi and Car Parking is available to all guests on a complimentary basis. The hotel is located close to the M602 and M62 motorways, and is 8 miles from Manchester International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, IHG, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Holiday Inn Manchester-West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Manchester-West Hotel Salford
- Holiday Inn Salford
- Salford Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Manchester-West Salford, Greater Manchester